[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/, is there a good way to keep emulator saves synced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Hey /vr/,

is there a good way to keep emulator saves synced between my PC and my Android phone so I can play a game on the PC at home but on the phone when I'm not home? Are there any good emulators that work on both PC and phone so the saves will work on both? Thinking specifically of SNES to play some FF VI, but might wanna play games from other old consoles, too.
>>
Also, will I miss much if I just play SNES FFVI instead of the GBA one?
>>
After more research there doesn't seem to be a way, so I guess I'll just emulate the GBA one on my phone.
>>
>>3624323
I've never tried it with a phone, but I use Dropbox to backup my saves and keep them synced between pcs.
>>
>>3624323
Retroarch uses universal saves across all platforms, might want to give that a shot.
>>
>>3624649
Thank's I'll give that a shot
>>
>>3624323
Why not just play it on your phone at home as well?
>>
>>3624672
Well at home on my PC I could play it on the bigger screen so I figured that'd be nice
>>
>>3624643
>>3624515

You can use Dropbox plus an Android app called Dropsync to sync your saves. I would explain how, but it's pretty straightforward.
>>
Use emulators that use the same save format, and point them at the same directory on your SD card. Physically take the SD card out of your phone and put it in your computer when you play

It's kind of a bitch but once you get used to doing it it really is pretty nice. Alternately you can just always play on your phone and use an MLH cable to connect it to your TV when you're at home. Pretend it's a Nintendo Switch.
>>
>>3624323
"Smart"phones and tablets (normie devices) are the LEAST authentic way to do retrogaming.
>>
>>3624323
Savestates-no.
Memory card emulation - sometimes, if emu uses an authentic way of storing data.
>>
File: 1479456784423.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1479456784423.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>3624323
>Android phone
>>
>>3624326
Besides an updated translation, some bug fixes and the extra dungeons you don't miss much in the SNES version.

Some people prefer the original translation but I prefer the later one the original had some really bad translations.
>>
Thanks guys. I decided to try Airdroid and that seems to work.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.