[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to play some Rayman for no particular reason >Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: rayman.jpg (50KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
rayman.jpg
50KB, 640x433px
>Want to play some Rayman for no particular reason
>Have to dowload a frankly retarded software who refuse to save anything I do anywhere.

I just want to play some Rayman, what the fuck do I have to to do it?
>>
You trying to download the DOS version?
>>
>>3624275
Yeah, any other versions that hopefully can be as simple as simply playing the game and saving as intended? Because this is clearly the shittiest emulator I've ever seen.
>>
>>3624302
Saving worked for me when I played it a year or two ago with dosbox.

Try the PS1 version.
>>
Play the PS1 version, it's the best one.
>>
File: 1479308334805.jpg (77KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1479308334805.jpg
77KB, 500x516px
>>3624397
>ps1
>best version

Niggar, are you retarded? The best version is the jag or saturn version. Saturn does 2d better then ps1 as we all know, and it was developed on jag so its closest to creaters intent there. This of course is a last resort as pc versions are gnerally superior.
>>
>>3624302
Play it on a DOS machine. Problem solved.
>>
>>3624642
>>3624397
The DOS version is best
>>
>>3624642

Yeah fucking right! Jag has awful music, it's just pitiful compared to the others. There's also no roll-jump or slide, so the levels reflect that and it feels like a very generic platformer. Yeah it's the 'original' but let's be real, nobody in their right mind would play it above the others.

Saturn is very solid but skimps on a few graphical effects and is missing a bunch of music and sound effects for some reason. The PC version is missing a fuckload of music too, you wind up listening to the same tracks over and over. When it comes to actual content the PS1 version has the most, that's just how it is.
>>
>>3624262
If you have a PS1, PS2, or PS3 get a copy of the PS1 version of Rayman and play it on those systems.
>>
>>3624262
Why don't you just install DOS on a separate partition of your computer? You can put your games there and play it natively.
>>
File: 1477958731216.jpg (48KB, 603x222px) Image search: [Google]
1477958731216.jpg
48KB, 603x222px
>>3624783
So wrong its not even funny. There are litterally entire levels in the jaguar version that were cut for saturn and psx. And of course the saturn has better 2d resolutiom and animation frames like every 2d game on it vs psx .

Here, try watching the video and educating yourself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6G4EaM9Yzx0
>>
>>3624926
Can this be done? Can a modern machine handle such an ancient OS if I just install it on it?
>>
File: tumblr_mtdpuuGrAT1sh9319o1_500.gif (487KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtdpuuGrAT1sh9319o1_500.gif
487KB, 500x281px
>>3625015
Uh yeah, its literrally what everyone used to do back when dos and windows first came out. Have you never formatted and installed an os? Also how old are you?
>>
>>3625015
Hi, I dont understand how operating systems and virtual operating systems work. By the way, I may be retarded ;)
>>
>>3625023
>>3625025
Am I being memed?
>>
>>3624642
Jaguar version has shitty audio
>>
Saturn > PS1 > Jag > DOS
>>
>>3624262
Look into virtual machines, they're great for playing old games
>>
>>3625008
I own both PS1 and Saturn versions and even though Saturn has some advantages (a larger variety of butterfly sprites, improved slope crawling animation, level transitions), the PS1 version is just a bit better because the things it does better are more obvious (extra background
layers in some levels, better sound effect quality and better special effect visuals like lighting).

Saturn wasn't always better at 2D by the way...SotN aside, Dondonpachi and In The Hunt are better on PS1.
>>
its $2 on PSN right now (tons of other ps1 games on sale)

>not shill
>>
>>3624262
just emulate the PS1 or Saturn version

much easier
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 870x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 870x864px
>>3625087
>paying for ISOs
Spooky.
>>
>>3625054
Why is everyone dissing the DOS version?
>>
>>3625339
There is a glitch with musics in the PC re-release. This being said I'm pretty sure there is a patch for it, and the original version is fine.

It is worth noting that the PC re-release comes with a level editor and there are plenty of levels for it. Most people haven't even beat the original game to start worrying about custom levels though.
>>
PS emulator is also a buggy mess that refuses to play three differents versions of the game, even when I had to download four separate files to get it to work.

What the fuck is so complicated about this? I never had an issue emulating Gamecube, Gameboy or DS games, and yet I guess PC and PS1 retaro players are retarded and can't do a simple emulator?
>>
Rayman 1 composer Remi Gazel is hosting a kickstarter for a full re-imagination of the entire ost.
Im a shill so fuck.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/874738450/rayman-by-remi-the-collector-soundtrack-album
>>
>>3625442
Rayman DOS/PS version works fine with DOSBox/ePSXe
>>
>>3624741
DOS version fucked up the soundtrack somehow
>>
>>3625346
>This being said I'm pretty sure there is a patch for it
sadly there isn't
>>
>>3625824
Strange that ubisoft doesnt fund this themselves. Square enix constantly funds new musical projects.
>>
>>3625891
Ubisoft don't care about Rayman.
>>
>>3625867
There is.
>>
File: 1477084341712.png (529KB, 487x598px) Image search: [Google]
1477084341712.png
529KB, 487x598px
>>3625824

>No Band Land

What the fuck? Am I going blind?
>>
>>3626059
very convincing link you've got there
>>
>>3625862
I don't think it's that bad, the ambience sound between songs is nice
>>
>>3626258
Don't you know how to use a search engine?
https://www.gog.com/forum/rayman_series/guide_how_to_install_the_complete_soundtrack/page1
https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9466
>>
Emulate the PS1 version.
>>
Isn't it on like every system for five bucks?
>>
Screw you Rayman, Plok was first anyway. Always remember.
>>3617356
>>
>get hyped by that fake Rayman leak for tr4sh ages ago
>buy Rayman Forever on GoG out of nostalgia
>get to Eat at Joe's
>delete the game from my hard drive
>>
>>3625035

if you just answer them sincerely, a few autists will mock you but thousands of meek anons will sing your praises for generations

there is absolutely nothing wrong with being baited into sharing actual knowledge with people and extending the reach of mankind "as a joke"
>>
>>3625824

i didn't understand a word that cat was saying but damn is that enticing
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.