[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody ever play this? I could never beat it. It uses the prototype

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

File: latest-15.jpg (122KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
latest-15.jpg
122KB, 640x639px
Anybody ever play this? I could never beat it. It uses the prototype rules where you can literally do anything you want. Fuse without Polymerization, and you don't even need the right monsters to make a fusion. Random ones will do just fine. And the AI cheats like a mother.
>>
>YGO
This is an 18+ site
>>
>>3623218
I beat it as a kid. Story doesn't follow the manga or the anime. It's all about YGO Pro now though. Fucking *love* Dark Illusion..
>>
File: ..png (726KB, 1173x322px) Image search: [Google]
..png
726KB, 1173x322px
>>3623219
your move bitch
>>
>>3623218
I beat it a couple times. It's a very nostalgic game for me, but in all honesty it's not very good (although the fusion system is neat). If you want to beat it without grinding like hell then twin headed thunder dragon.dek with some equip cards is the way to go, and have a few memory cards so you can duplicate any card you get.
>>
>>3623218
Dark duelist for gbc was worse, it had type weaknesses. So a 2500 atk light monster could be destroyed by a 300 atk dark monster.
>>
>>3623278
So did the Sacred Cards

Tbh my favorite YGO game is GX Duel Academy
>>
>>3623278
I played the shit out of that along with FM in the OP post. They were both interesting at least.
>>
>>3623249
>ABC
Come back when your deck doesn't play itself.
>>
>>3623218
>Fuse without Polymerization, and you don't even need the right monsters to make a fusion.
Fusion actually works based on types. Well more or less, that's a bit of a simplification. It's not just completely random.
>>
>>3623357
Duel Academy was nice, but that cardbank was nerfed, which is why I prefer WC2006
>>
Damn I love the music in YGO:FM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Ko71xYx18&index=4&list=PL7oGGg7qjS8G_csfyr4ar0qYvXi7gpLCu
>>
>>3623481
nah dude its an abc/spreedroid/galaxy soldier hybrid build
>>
Used to play this shit all the time. I only beat it after inputting a 9 trillion starchips cheat code. Literally impossible otherwise. You have to beat the free duel guys 1000 times for one half-way good card that gets murdered by the final boss's first turn 4500 atk monster
>>
>>3623219
I like MTG better too, but that's because YGO's rules make no fucking sense to me. Magic at least has logic behind it. That said, Shandalar is a bitch to run on modern computers, and I lack the patience to play the physical game with real people.
>>
>>3623808
It's amazing that after all these years, YGO can't adopt some sort of keyword system so fix the cluster fuck of text.
>>
File: Spellfire CCG.jpg (391KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Spellfire CCG.jpg
391KB, 1600x1200px
>>3623219
>MTG
Oh, I'm sorry, is it children's hour in here?
>>
>>3623218
Wasn't this one based around the original version of the card game as well? There were a lot of YGO games that used the Duelist Kingdom rules, but they still needed you to, for instance, have the proper cards for a fusion
>>
>>3623357
Oh wow, did not expect to see this mentioned. I really loved that game for all the activities you had to do. Really felt like being in a Dual Academy.
>>
>>3623813
That is my main issue with YGO. Every card has a fucking wall of microscopic text on it and there's no consistency.
>>
Been playing GX Duel Academy, it's pretty good but it's missing a lot of GX era cards. Namely the later Elemental Heroes. Can anyone recc me the best GX game?
>>
They already kinda tried that. For example

"If this monster battles an opponent's defense postion monster with a lower DEF than this monster's ATK inflict the difference as damage to your opponent's life points"

is now

"Deals piercing damage"

They try to.
>>
>>3623278
The GBC YGO game also had a bizarre habit of randomly handing you Blue Eyes White Dragons
>>
File: Relinquished-MIL1-EN-C-1E.png (311KB, 300x437px) Image search: [Google]
Relinquished-MIL1-EN-C-1E.png
311KB, 300x437px
>>3623873
BACK IN MY DAY THIS WAS THE -ONLY- CARD WITH THAT PROBLEM

At this point the entire game is too broken to salvage.
>>
>>3623278
lol i remember that shit. none of these games can get it right.
>>
>>3624676
Tag Force 1-3 are pretty good.
>>
This game exploded here in Brazil. Every place had a guy who traded you his gameshark cards (Ultimate Moth, Triple-Headed White Dragon), otherwise it was "impossible".

It actually took a lot of grinding and a little luck, but you can beat the game legit. Grinding because you have to grind duels against Pegasus and Isis for trap and effect cards, and Low Meadow Mage for the elusive Meteor Dragon (3500 attack). The most important is still Pegasus/Isis though, but you must go an extra step to get their cards: there are two types of victories: S-Atk (destroying enemy's life points) and S-Tec (enemy runs out of cards). To get the best cards Pegasus had, you needed to win with S-Tec always.
Making him run out of cards isn't that difficult - just play a card with strong atk/def face down, and he'll try to fuse the everloving fuck out of his deck to try to win.

The luck bit is because 1) the computer can change their cards on-the-fly (there's videos on youtube about this), and 2) you have to beat the last 4 or 5 opponents without saving in-between duels.
>>
File: 20161118_213854.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161118_213854.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>3624729
No way the game is way better than it has ever been. Old cards are still relevant. I just got this out of the newest booster a few minutes ago actually.
>>
File: Eternal Soul.jpg (2MB, 5216x2934px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Soul.jpg
2MB, 5216x2934px
>>3624729
Don't worry anon. It's still just Dark Magician vs. Blue Eyes: The game
>>
>>3625028
Dude did you get the legendary decks 2 box as well that shit is awesome. I also got tons of sick dark magician support cards
>>
>>3625042
I have Legendary Deck box 1 & 2 both. :D
>>
>>3625048
I just got back into yugioh this year actually so I missed out on that one. I hope I can find a cheap one at Walmart or something I've been getting lots of the collector tins from previous years marked down there.
>>
>>3625058
I just got back into it about 3 months ago myself.

I got both boxes off of Amazon.
>>
>>3625089
Is the first box worth it? Im canadian so amazon is kind of shit here
>>
>>3625173
Only for nostalgia. box 2 is way better.
>>
>>3625183
Yeah box 2 is amazing, blew my mind how awesome it was actually really cool decks and some nice token cards. I have been trading in lots of games that I don't really want anymore to the gamestore then using the store credit for yugioh cards haha. I did buy the capsule monsters colliseum game for ps2 used and it actually still had two of the promo cards in it.
>>
>>3625186
>mfw I have it and the Kaiba and Yugi decks are nice but Joey's kinda lacking.

I wanted more dice cards.
>>
>>3625189
I like the joey deck but that is probably because I have some good support cards I can put in it, it definitely should have had thousand dragon for sure I have no idea how they could miss that one
>>
File: TheEndofAnubis-TLM-EN-UR-LE.jpg (83KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
TheEndofAnubis-TLM-EN-UR-LE.jpg
83KB, 400x580px
Am I the only one that misses the initial egyptian theme?
All I see in every YGO thread is people bitching about the new mechanics being shit and the meta being stale and walls of text but how about the old aesthetics?
For me, YGO stood out because of all the egyptian imagery, dark plots and the whole ancient gods shit. It was different for what was coming out back then and the card designs were rad as shit.
Now all I see are spaceship cards and mechas and robodragons and tons of other generic shiny cosmic bullshit. Some archetypes don't even look like they're from YGO anymore.
>>
Any of you niggas have any ideas if any packs have HERO cards in them?
>>
>>3626165
look in the wiki thats how I find out what is in each booster set
>>
>>3625198
But it's okay I just got one haha
>>
>>3626125
It's all consistent with the way the series progressed. When it was the original series, where the main character is the spirit of the ancient Egyptian Pharaoh, of course lots of cards followed that. GX era cards are kind of everywhere, but with 5D's taking place in the far future, a lot of mech looking monsters appeared to match the aesthetic of New Domino.
>>
File: latest.png (854KB, 468x695px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
854KB, 468x695px
>>3626125
In fairness there were spaceships and other machines that broke the Egypt theme pretty early on. I did like the Egypt theme though and preferred when it was more prominent. It's not completely gone though, Triamids are fairly recent and Gravekeepers got a lot of support over the years.
>>
>>3626361
The wiki is a fucking disaster
>>
File: 22977_200w.jpg (22KB, 200x291px) Image search: [Google]
22977_200w.jpg
22KB, 200x291px
>>3626437
>>
File: latest-8.png (482KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
latest-8.png
482KB, 400x587px
The HERO type cards have always been my favorite since GX.

They're so cool. Lots of great designs and I believe all of them can be used together in some ways since to changing them all to the HERO archetype.
>>
>>3628134
You on a cell phone?
>>
>>3628139
I actually like the artwork variations in yugioh having 3 of the same card with different art on each is cool. I think blue eyes has 4 revisions but 2 of those are same monster just over a different back ground
>>
This will always be classic though
>>
>>3625021
Huge res, sideways, and still blurry. Could you have made a more worthless image?
>>
File: latest-9.png (499KB, 400x586px)
latest-9.png
499KB, 400x586px
>>3628550
Dark Magician has about 8 I think
And some monsters flat out are the goddamn same thing but with a new name attatched, and maybe an effect.

Pic related
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.