[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having some problems with DOSBox, can anyone help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (119KB, 1822x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
119KB, 1822x1079px
I'm having some problems with DOSBox, can anyone help me out?

When I try to play Turrican 2, the options screen is mostly blank text boxes and when I start the game it's mostly glitchy bullshit.

Similarly, when I try to play Halloween Harry, if I press the "help" button to see the controls and go back to the game, the game's hud disappears and is replaced with a glitchy mess made from the help screen.

Anybody know what's causing this and how I can fix it?
>>
File: turrican2.jpg (109KB, 622x492px) Image search: [Google]
turrican2.jpg
109KB, 622x492px
>>3621452
just tried it and had the same thing. probably something with dosbox, since abandonia also mentioned about the missing text:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/26660/Turrican+II+-+The+Final+Fight.html

Just use that version and standard dosbox, works fine.
>>
>>3621452
>kiddies can't into VESA

lel
>>
>>3621528
So you reckon the problem is that I just picked the two games that do shit like that? That's funny.
>>
>>3621452

Try,

>ems off
>xms on
>>
>>3621581
That didn't work, sadly. I'm thinking Halloween Harry is just a lost cause. Any setting I mess with just causes it to crash. Best case scenario, I get the messed up graphics I mentioned in the OP.

Oh well.
>>
>>3621610

Try,

>set t2dir=c:\turrican

or whatever the directory is located.
>>
>>3621610

Also try running the setup programs.

>setup.exe
>>
>>3621452
>When I try to play Turrican 2, the options screen is mostly blank text boxes and when I start the game it's mostly glitchy bullshit.

Choose the third (blank) option to configure the sound card, then chose the last (blank) option to start the game.
>>
I'll just post this here since I need help too. Dosbox isn't recognizing my controllers right. I've tried three different controllers and every single one of them drifts up and to the right in every game I've tried. It's fucking frustrating.

Yeah, I tried switching my joystick type to fcs, changing "timed" to false, resetting my map file and just about everything else. I'm at a fucking loss.

I'm trying to use a Buffalo SNES gamepad as a gravis stand-in. I also tried it with an Xbone and PS4 pad and both did the weird drifting shit too.
>>
>>3623256
From the DOSBox Manual @ http://www.dosbox.com/DOSBoxManual.html#CONTROL

> CONTROL: The character/cursor/mouse pointer always moves into one direction!
>
> See if it still happens if you disable the joystick emulation, set
> joysticktype=none in the [joystick] section of your DOSBox configuration file.
> Maybe also try unplugging any joystick/gamepad. If you want to use the joystick
> in the game, try setting timed=false and be sure to calibrate the joystick
> (both in your OS as well as in the game or the game's setup program).
>>
>>3621452
Play T2 on amiga.
>>
>>3623380
I tried all of that, none of it worked.

I've been trying the buffalo pad on other things and it works completely fine. DOSBox is the only thing fucking up here and i've tried everything google has to offer. nothing.
>>
>>3623534
>>3623256
This dude again, nvm I finally fixed it

I just needed to delete the mapper file, which was hidden away in some folder where it should not have been

i feel like a dipshit
>>
>>3621452
Try turning on double buffering in dosbox's config file. And increase/decrease the cycles until you get the speed right.
https://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=1937&letter=T

HH shouldn't have any problems with the latest 0.73 version of Dosbox. You're sure you're not trying to run dosbox in Rapeberry Pee???
https://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=950&letter=H
>>
>>3623646
Tried the shareware version of Halloween Harry in Dosbox 0.73, using a toaster Atom CPU, 2GB RAM. I didn't use default settings though, but that shouldn't matter much unless you config something wierd like "machine=tandy".
>>
>>3623663
My relevent settings...

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=true
fullresolution=0x0
windowresolution=800x600
output=ddraw
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt
usescancodes=true

language=
machine=svga_et4000
captures=capture
memsize=16

frameskip=1
aspect=true
scaler=normal3x

core=dynamic
cputype=486_slow
cycles=auto 24000 80% limit 45000

nosound=false
rate=44100
blocksize=2048
prebuffer=8

sbtype=sb16
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
sbmixer=true
oplmode=opl3
oplemu=compat
oplrate=32000

xms=true
ems=true
umb=false
keyboardlayout=auto
>>
Turrican II doesn't emulate well in DosBox, especially since it does weird things with tweaked VGA modes and a custom memory management engine. Win95's MS DOS mode runs it like a treat though, so maybe try it out in PCem.
>>
>>3623646
I'm using 7.4. Should I not be?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.