[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats /vr/ thoughts on these Pandora multi carts? They look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Whats /vr/ thoughts on these Pandora multi carts?

They look like a good solution for playing CPS1,2,3 and Neogeo stuff.
Price is like ~$100 CAD (and then some extra money for the jamma connector and PSU)

I'm more wondering what the emulation is like, is it good enough?
>>
>>3621436
If you're going physical, a Neo geo flash cart just came out that is probably more worthwhile. If emulating, I wouldn't get either (despite preferring hardware myself). I've never tried to emulate it though to know how that goes.
>>
They're known for having sound and video issues because they're shitty emulators. Just use your computer.
>>
I've heard they are excellent with single slot cabinets otherwise you encounter what >>3621465 said.
>>
>>3621481
You're thinking of Neo Geo Multicarts. That thing is just a computer running an old version of Final Burn Alpha with a jamma connector.
>>
Is it supposed to look like a yellow PS4?
>>
>Have full JAMMA cabinet/Supergun
>Gets what is essentially a dumb mame thing
Literally why? Just use arcade emulators on your computer, get a Raspberry pi or something. If you have something Jamma related, you might as well just get an MVS PCB and one of those Neo Geo multicarts.
>>
All of the systems you mentioned are 99.9% perfect emulated on MAME or other emulators, I don't get why you would want to use this when MAME is free and infinitely more customizable.
>>
>>3621436
Anything that tried to be multi-system usually is just shitty garbage, just look at all those clone consoles trying to support 2-5 different platforms at once.
If you really want something that can play all of those formats at the same time then you're better off using mame.
>>
>>3621512
>>3621525

It's hassle mostly. Getting mame working well is a real pain in the ass.

By that I mean you turn the box on, and it boots into a menu and just works. It's doable but takes alot of effort.

This device is reasonably cheap compared to a PC or rpi ( rpi you got extra costs) all said and done this device is slightly more if not cheaper when you factor in shipping

Everyone seems to say this is crap though so I'll pass and look into the rpi and sbc options.
>>
>>3621436
You can get one for less than half that.
Emulation is pretty much spot on with no noticeable lag. Unlike the lads in the peanut gallery I actually have one
The main reason to get one of these is because they have JAMMA and RGB. So it's a drop in replacement for the PCB in a cabinet. If you aren't going to use it in a cabinet it's pretty retarded.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.