[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play pic related on SNES version or gba with sound restoration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (93KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
93KB, 1024x1024px
Should I play pic related on SNES version or gba with sound restoration patch?

I beat the game on ps1 a couple years ago and want to replay it
>>
What does it matter?

I can't think of a more trivial decision, yet you, a fellow human being, can't even make it for yourself.

Suicide.
>>
GBA with the restoration patch, same for VI
>>
>>3620982
I'd say SNES just because the character portraits in the GBA version are based on the PS1 intro cutscene. In other words, they are abysmal and look nothing like the characters and it bugs the shit out of me.

>Faris
>clearly pink hair with ruffled pirate look
>portrait is a blonde haired princess
No. Fucking no.
>>
>>3620982

Play the GBA version it has more jobs.
>>
>>3621407
It does, but literally none of them are worth it.
>>
>>3620982
GBA, the translation is far superior and is actually entertaining and the extra content is actually interesting instead of a total fucking waste of time like VI Advance's.
>>
>>3620982

GBA version solely because translation.

Sound-wise, graphically and in almost every other aspect I prefer the Super Famicom version.
>>
>>3620982
I found the GBA version better all around really Mobile if your screen's small enough to make you unsee the tile seams, it's basically GBA with SNES music under the hood Just stay away from PS1 and you're fine.

>>3621006
The thing with VI is that now there are far more bugfixes in SNES now and GBA/Mobile only fixed the most important ones, so it's a tossup. The extras aren't that great anyway outside of Cactuar providing a new speed grabber, but stuff like TWU will add speed to Raiden.
>>
>>3620982
Regardless, try some V Ancient Cave later after beating it.

It's really more like IV's random floor dungeon with completely randomized items and timed floors, but it's a hell of a lot of fun and translated.
>>
>>3621658
*IV Advance/PSP's
>>
File: amano.jpg (36KB, 348x479px) Image search: [Google]
amano.jpg
36KB, 348x479px
>>3621027
What the fuck are you talking about. The portraits are based on the original game's concept art that some slant drew.
>>
How difficult would it be to insert the gba script into a snes rom?
>>
>>3623048
Not very but not many people love FFV enough to make a project like that. FFIV and FFVI snes have been retranslated.
>>
>>3623083
Hmm maybe I'll give it a shot over the summer when I have some free time. I have programming experience and I'm sure there must be some documentation on the game out there, maybe rhdn.
>>
>>3623087
There was a retranslation project, http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=17669.0 however I think it is abandoned.
>>
>>3623048
Dunno if it would be even worth it honestly. You're trading a good wealth of content for music that was restored later.

The difference here and VI is that VI's extra content kinda sucks and atmosphere is valued far more than gameplay on it, so it's worth it to just fix up the original after all the work already done on it.
>>
>>3623087
Ask around there and Slick Productions and you'll probably find every single iota of data that you need.
>>
>>3621027
>FF13 was my first FF

None of the sprites in the old games look like their respective character designs.
>>
>>3623131
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2600/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.