[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought FF9 and turns out that it doesn't run properly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: WIN_20161115_220845.jpg (188KB, 1280x614px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161115_220845.jpg
188KB, 1280x614px
Just bought FF9 and turns out that it doesn't run properly. It plays up to the beginning of the first fight sequence then cuts to black but still has the music running. So I know it can still work but how do I fix psx discs without damaging it even more. Discs 2 to 4 seem alright.
>>
Resurface it, stupid.
>>
>>3619991
ain't buying that. Any cheap options?
>>
>>3619994
Yeah, you resurface it.
>>
>>3619994
Your only option is resurfacing it.
>>
>>3620026
>>3620017
you guys sure? I thought resurfacing was only for scratches. The discs look more dirty than anything else. I thought cleaning it would be good but wasn't sure if I had to do some special method or whatever.
>>
File: WIN_20161115_223241.jpg (55KB, 579x416px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161115_223241.jpg
55KB, 579x416px
forgot to post pic
>>
>>3619989
>bought FF9 PHYSICAL
you deserve to get cucked.
>>
>>3620036

>Pic

Looks like a fucking Bob Ross painting. Gt a bttr cmra fgt
>>
File: FFIX_PAL.jpg (348KB, 1600x1511px) Image search: [Google]
FFIX_PAL.jpg
348KB, 1600x1511px
Why does the NTSC disc art for FFIX suck so much?
>>
>>3620295
>placing the side of the disc that gets read by the laser directly on a table

TRIGGERED
>>
>>3620321
>exposing the side read by the laser to dust in the air
>>
>>3620335
>exposing the side read by the laser to the case the disc came in
>>
>>3620295
Do you realize how fucking terrible the PAL version is? This shit should be in a bin, and not exhibited proudly.
>>
>>3620347
>>3620295
Help me to get over memes, I don't get them all
>>
>>3620349
The PAL version of FFIX is notoriously bad. The aspect ratio is fucked and it's slow as shit.
I used to have it but sold it when I could effeciently emulate the NTSC U version properly.
PAL collectorfags spending 50+bucks on that shit should be ashamed.
>>
>>3620352
>The PAL version of FFIX is notoriously bad. The aspect ratio is fucked and it's slow as shit.

'Notoriously'. How exactly is this different than other PAL games you ignorant shit.
>>
>>3620036
Just clean it, use a bit of toothpaste to fill the scratches.
Clean from the inside ring out, not around in a circle like a record/snails coil.
>>
>>3620360
Some are worse than others.
Some PAL games had good conversions, too.
For FFIX, people were pretty sick of it and voiced their concerns. That's how it was "notoriously bad" even when it was released. Then FFX came out and the same process repeated, except tenfold because it was on PS2 (= AFTER the Dreamcast started its "all games must have 60hz" policy)

>you ignorant shit
NO U!
>>
>>3620036
Looks like disc-rot, actually.

>>3620321
>Protecting the side that actually as the data

>>3620380
This doesn't really work.
>>
>>3620360
Several games were properly converted to run at NTSC speeds at PAL refresh rates. FF9, FFX, and Kingdom Hearts are not on that list.

Know what else wasn't on that list? Devil May Cry. A game centered around fast-paced action.
>>
>>3620360
Google excalibur II, its almost impossible to get on PAL
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.