[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to glorious Nippon this upcoming Christmas. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Japan_111x74.png (13KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
Japan_111x74.png
13KB, 780x439px
I'm going to glorious Nippon this upcoming Christmas. I'll mostly be in Osaka but will also be in Tokyo for a few days (so I could hit up Akihabara, probably).

What should I pick up? I have an NES with the lockout chip disabled. I would also seriously consider buying a console as well
>>
File: Nintendo-Famicom-Disk-System.jpg (3MB, 2920x2700px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Famicom-Disk-System.jpg
3MB, 2920x2700px
>>3619443
Buy a glorious Famicom and throw your gaijin console in the trash.

Pic semi related, don't buy a disk system. Do pick up the RAM adapter from an FDS if you find one loose, then buy an FDS Stick online for like $12.
>>
>>3619443
Nothing.

Maybe a PC-Engine, a Hori Mini N64 controller, but that's it. Don't go looking for scoops becuase there really just aren't that many any more.
>>
>>3619461
This is a good call, get a PC Engine because they're a pain in the ass to import. They're not even cheap in Japan anymore so getting one on eBay sucks. You can still snag lots of cheap FC games for fun.
>>
>>3619457
Has the retro craze also hit Japan and driven up prices there? They are releasing the mini Famicom, after all.
>>
>>3619465
It's a global phenomena, but second hand things are more concentrated in Japan, obviously. Prices on average are lower than US for retro stuff, and if you're actually there you'll be able to find some deals. It's not the early 00s anymore, but it's not eBay prices.
>>
Why don't you go to Nihonbashi instead of Akiba?
>>
>>3619506
I can go there too, I just thought Akihabara was better known.
>>
>>3619443
>What should I pick up?
A freaky girl to satiate your bloodlust, duh

Going to Akihabara just to ogle merchandise is stupid anyway, they've been cleaned out. Go scale Mt.Fuji instead.
>>
>>3620079
>Go scale Mt.Fuji instead.
Yeah, after Yama no Susume it's a better otaku gathering point.
>>
>>3619443
Don't waste your money on console games. Spend it playing the hundreds of Japan-exclusive arcade games.
>>
>>3619457
I'm debating picking up a ram adapter and fds stick and using it on my top loader nes. I already have a Famicom to nes converter. Will it work well with it or will I run into issues?
>>
>>3619443
>Leaving because of Trump.
The first of millions, good luck, you need it.
>>
>>3620581
Should be fine, if a little wobbly. The RAM adapter is fairly large, but your proposed setup should function.
>>
well idk man what u into?

i would go for a gb light and some rare cartridges. but i dont think id spend too much on actual hardware, the experience can be better.
>>
>>3619443
>Akihabara
>What should I pick up?
Anything you can find for less than ebay prices. So nothing.
If you have any time left after your meme shopping pick up every console you don't have someplace else for $10.

>>3620581
You'll need a mod to get FDS sound.
>>
>>3620954
I'll need to mod the top loader and converter?
>>
>>3620079
I don't think they allow people to climb Mt Fuji in the winter.

>>3620293
I will. Sue me, but I fucking love UFO catchers.

>>3620954
Where are these someplace elses?
>>
>>3619443
Buy a Neo Geo MSX.
>>
>>3619465
Gamers in Japan never stopped playing the older games and they were still manufacturing Famicoms until 2003 so no. I bought a working one online last week for 20 bucks including shipping
>>
You better celebrate with some KFC OP.
>>
>>3621293
Either one.

>>3621323
The rest of the country. Second hand shops. Not going to go into more detail because we don't need any more filthy tourists shitting up the market.
>>
Tokyofag here. Umm hello.
>>
Cool blog thread :)
>>
There's still some cool stuff to find in Akiba, if you go to small stores outside tourist traps. The most famous it gets, the less likely you'll get a good deal, so don't bother with shops like Super Potato unless you really want to try their retro arcade room. When I lived in Japan, I used to go used stores, pick a bunch of cheap games with cool-looking covers and try them at home. That's how I got Psycho Dream, Linda Cube,... Good times.
>>
why does everyone go to osaka
>>
>>3622473
to see osaka castle.
>>
>>3622473
dude yakuza lmao
>>
>>3621978
How is this a blog? I'm asking for /vr/-related advice. Sorry you'll never be able to go to Japan, Anon!

>>3622473
My girlfriend lives in Osaka.
>>
File: Screenshot_6.jpg (105KB, 1023x767px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.jpg
105KB, 1023x767px
>>3619443
If You're Going To a Game Center, Try This One!
>>
>>3619443
>What should I pick up?
A virginal Nipponese girlfriend. Deflower that bitch while playing Super Mario 3.
>>
>>3622473
to check out the kanjozoku
>>
>>3619443
>What should I pick up?
AIDS-chan.

>retro answer
A japanese retron 5
>>
>>3622491
>How is this a blog?
> My girlfriend lives in Osaka.
>>
>>3622565
It was in response to a question directed at least partially at me. Why so butt bothered?
>>
>>3622473
Because Kaiyukan, Tennouji, and Spa World are awesome.
>>
>>3621450
Where?
>>
>>3620182
>>3620182
Climb Mount Niitaka
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.