[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Deus Ex? Would you have liked a "side with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: deusex.jpg (24KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
deusex.jpg
24KB, 400x340px
Opinions on Deus Ex? Would you have liked a "side with UNATCO" route?
>>
>>3615937
UNATCO?
>>
>>3615937
One of the best game I've ever played in my entire life.

I would have but only if it at the same level of quality of what we got. Something I doubt would have been possible.
>>
File: deus-ex-meme-war.png (173KB, 518x528px) Image search: [Google]
deus-ex-meme-war.png
173KB, 518x528px
Design documents for DX were released today, check it out, /vr/.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_-knUokw90RzIwUEJsU2pYdWs/view
>>
The rockets are too heavy and take up too much space, making the few times when you're blocked by mechs a pain.
>>
>>3615941
Savage.
>>
Props on them for predicting there'd be terrorist cells in France again.
>>
>>3615937
>Would you have liked a "side with UNATCO" route?
When I was playing Deus Ex back in 2002 and Simons ordered to kill me, I believed I did something wrong and loaded a savegame from long before airport to try to make things right/
>>
>>3616690
We have other problems to worry about
>>
>>3616657
I used them primarily for busting locked doors and boxes since I'm a completionist and lockpics are rare.
>>
>>3616669
U-UNATCO?
>>
>>3615937
Still my favorite game.

I still wish they'd release all the missing content like the moon base for modders to complete.
>>
>>3616818
No, Savage
>>
>>3616803
I don't believe you, are you trying to say it's all in the numbers?
>>
>>3616880
Number one: That's terror.
>>
>>3615947
That is quite sweet, thanks for the link bud. The devs in Deus Ex really succeeded in achieving rather rich environments with all the emails, little newspieces and datacubes with continuing stories lying around.
>>
File: 1413475420159.jpg (12KB, 109x139px) Image search: [Google]
1413475420159.jpg
12KB, 109x139px
>>3616803
>>
>>3616978
Are we not allowed to talk about Thief 2 as well because it came out in 2000? There's always exceptions and Deus Ex is one of them.
>>
>>3615937
Thought the folk on here might be interested in seeing, they've released the full 64-page design doc for Deus Ex, complete with notes written all over it by Spector and friends

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMakingOfGames/comments/5cvkcu/deus_ex_1_full_64_page_design_document_19_year/
>>
File: morpheus.gif (2MB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
morpheus.gif
2MB, 500x700px
thanks mod

there's some nice deus ex 1 related info and GIFs in this blog: http://echelonii.tumblr.com/

also morpheus really stands out to me in this game
>>
>>3615937
There is a side with UNACTO route.

That is help Illuminati.

Merging with Helios is cannon.
>>
>>3619715
>That is help Illuminati.
No affiliation with UNATCO.

>Merging with Helios is cannon.
Denton becoming a god after he'd defected to the NSF helps UNATCO, how?
>>
>>3616806
the dragons tooth with combat strength can break a lot of boxes and doors
>>
If you think about it, there is a Unatco route - everything Bob Page worked for can be completed, just with JC replacing Page at the final moment.
>>
>>3619731
Doing so ends terrorism, which is least their stated MO.
>>
>>3616901
Number two: that's terror.
>>
>>3616806
>>3619808
or just use the explosive crates distributed fucking everywhere like man-sized ventilation shafts
>>
>>3615937
Nah, I was cool with becoming a cyborg god.

The game is amazing though. Seriously, I wouldn't mind modern games going back to these graphics as long as we got content with some actually fucking sustance.
>>
>>3616657
>rockets are too heavy and take up too much space
I don't think you've played Deus Ex.
>>
File: deus ex la guardia helipad.jpg (28KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
deus ex la guardia helipad.jpg
28KB, 700x525px
>>3621339
Same, there's just something I find appealing about the models and environments of games around this time.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.