[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this piece of shit. Are the further Mega Man games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: mm4-tit.gif (4KB, 395x224px) Image search: [Google]
mm4-tit.gif
4KB, 395x224px
Just finished this piece of shit. Are the further Mega Man games just as disappointing?
>>
You can ask all of /vr/ the order in which they rate Mega Man games and all of them would answer differently.

IV is better than V and VI. It's more balanced and carefully crafted. V is painfully average on all accounts. VI is much better than V and brings some new refreshing ideas in terms of mechanics and level design, but still lacks the tight gameplay of III and IV.
>>
>>3615484
Nope.
>>
>>3615484
>are the further Mega Man games just as disappointing?

V: even more
VI: yes, but it has its good sides
VII: absolutely not
VIII: haven't played
& Forte: absolutely fucking not
X series on SNES: all are great too
X4: yes
X5–6: haven't played
>>
>>3615496
Is there even any debate that the first 3 games are the best?
>>
>>3615484
Maybe explain what you didn't like? MM4 is infamous for being easy.
>>
4-6 are better than 1-3 plebs
>>
>>3615509
>no new level ideas
>most levels are based on ideas of the previous games just dumbed down and far easier
>robot masters are ok but all bosses after them are really bad and easy as fuck
>barely any mid bosses
It's mostly that the levels are horrible. And even when it took most ideas of the previous games it lacks a ton of cool level designs that the previous one had. It basically took the most barebones ideas and mixed them together but made them really easy too in the process. The final stages are also fucking easier than the robot master stages and even shorter with less variation.
>>
>>3615484
You're over the hump now, OP. 4 is the worst one so you're in the clear.
>>
>>3615535
You also barely needed to go out of your way to get e-tanks. What the fuck was up with that? They were not hidden and not even in dangerous spots.
>>
>>3615484
I think IV is enjoyable, but significantly easier than all of them except V. If you didn't like IV, you can skip V and VI without missing anything interesting. But you should give them a chance just to say you did.

>>3615506
Yes. I is goofy as fuck.

>>3615496
>all of them would answer differently
I can't resist that bait
3 > 2 >>>>>>>>>> 4 > 5 >>>>>>>> 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1

>inb4 my shit opinion
>>
>>3615484
Play Rockman 4: Minus Infinity instead. It's far superior.
>>
File: 1464408142655.gif (4KB, 199x178px) Image search: [Google]
1464408142655.gif
4KB, 199x178px
Mega Man 4 was great, better than 1-2 but not as good as 3, 7, & Bass, or 9-10.

Also the anon who said MMX4 was worse than MM4 was high on crack. MMX4 is a masterpiece and easily the best game in the franchise aside from maybe X1 and Zero 3
>>
>>3615484
4 is the best NES one you shitter. 5 is the worst one, not bad but mediocre as fuck.

4>1=2>3>6>5
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 770x240px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 770x240px
>>3615548
Other ones also gives you e-tanks like candy, like pic related, MM2 metal man, freebie before you even see single enemy. Other stages like flash man has easy e-tanks aswell
>>
>>3615484
Fuck you 4 is the best one
>>
>>3616165
>someone has an opinion different to mine, fuck him

You have school tomorrow, go to sleep.
>>
>>3615793
>VI without missing anything interesting
The Rush suits were a neat concept, I think.
>>
>>3615484
Maybe. I consider it to be the worst of the NES mega man games but I still think it's pretty good. They were trying to bring more innovative ideas to the gameplay with Mega Man 4 so it's a little hokey. If you didn't like it you might not like 5 or 6. I do recommend playing Megaman 2 though
>>
Tbh I can't even play/enjoy 4-6, I find them too hard and dull
>>
>>3616408
>too hard

5 is pretty tough, but 6 is the easiest game in the series next to Mega Man 2 Easy mode.

E-Tanks are handed out like candy in 6, the Mega Buster is even more effective, and Rush Jet trivializes a bunch of platforming sections
>>
>>3616408
>>3616436
are you kidding me? 5&6 are the easiest ones, along with 2(even on "difficult" mode).
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.