[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone play Super Turbo competitively? Who's your favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

Anyone play Super Turbo competitively? Who's your favorite player?
>>
>>3614848
is this a good version for competitions?
>>
>>3614848
I play on the fightcades and the random improvised arcade cabinet. I play Chun-Li and T. Hawk. I suck, but it's fun to game and watch.
>>
>>3614848
used to play on ggpo.

played mostly ryu and zangief, sometimes also zangief.

well, after a few years you start playing the whole cast anyway but those 3 were my "mains".
>>
>>3614879
>sometimes also boxer

typo
>>
>>3614848
>competitively
No.

I play it with my roommate on SNES tho
>>
>>3614863
Yeah arcade super turbo is pretty standard these days. There's a few guys with superguns in the US and UK who run events for it
>>
Most of /vr/ is not in a place where they can travel to events so competitively is probably out of the question here

That said I used to play FC/GGPO and 2DF a lot, I primarily played DJ but I learned to rotate through most of the cast because I liked to actually get to the boss stages for their music instead of leaving the game sitting on Fei-Long stage for the entirety of an hour-long set of matches

Does anyone else remember before 2DF turned into Supercade and they used to run weekly ST ranbats they called Super Sundays around 2007-8?
>>
>>3614975
Fuck Fei Long's stage and fuck T Hawk's stage. I feel you.
>>
>>3614987

T.Hawk's stage has dat jam tho
>>
>>3614848
I used to play competitively for about 10 years, Zangief main reporting in.
>>
>>3615001
How often do you win against Sagat, Honda, Chun-Li, Guile?
>>
>>3615389
I guess 9:1 or never if he actually played against people who knew what they were doing.
>>
I used to play the shit out of it with a friend through Mame online, friend who was into the competitive scene and played against the best players that still played this game.

We had this 'rule' that we'd change character all the time, so I played with everyone, but my fav where Cammy, Balrog and Guile.

Balrog seemed OP as fuck honeslty.
>>
>>3614848
Kinda because Im fucking great at hyper fighting
>>
>>3615465
It's sad ST had these balance issues. Of course the game is an undisputed classic, but seeing amazing and inspiring players lose only because of their low-tier characters always hurts.
>>
>>3615389
Guile, Chun and O.Sagat give me huge problems but I can beat them. It's uphill but never feels impossible. Honda on the other hand, I can't recall ever beating a good Honda player. I've taken rounds here and there but Honda vs Zangief feels impossible to me.
>>
File: vega575.png (7KB, 128x112px) Image search: [Google]
vega575.png
7KB, 128x112px
>>3614848
I use Vega and I'm not sorry.
>>
>>3616595
>you will never be a pretty italian man
>>
>>3616768
>Italian
Anon...
>>
>>3614987
In terms of stage music, this is the ranking:

vega > ken > guile > dee jay > t. hawk/cammy > fei long > everybody else >>>>>>>>>>>>> dhalsim
>>
O Sagat but i suck so there's nothing special about that
>>
File: Kof_2000_14_robert[1].jpg (26KB, 190x438px) Image search: [Google]
Kof_2000_14_robert[1].jpg
26KB, 190x438px
>>3616768
>you will never be a pretty italian man
I feel you, man
>>
>>3614975
Supercade was that long ago?
>>
>>3614868
>I suck, but it's fun to game and watch.
This. I prefer watching, those pro guys are fucking insane.
>>
>>3614880
No, you were right the first time.
>>
>>3617660
I think I feel worse for Robert than almost any of the rest of the cast now. He used to be so cool.
>>
File: robert-garcia-kof14-portrait.png.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
robert-garcia-kof14-portrait.png.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>3619082
Forgot pic like a rube

At least XIV isn't as bad as XII and XIII were....
>>
>>3619082
He's pretty good gameplay-wise in nearly any installment. His version from KoF2000 is great in 02UM
>>
>>3619097
Ohh yeah he's always been fun to play, I was talking about the re-design. >>3619084 Everyone looks worse now, but he looks extra bad.
>>
I play the SNES version sometimes, it's fun. M. Bison is my main but he has no anti air attack, which sucks.
>>
>>3614889
Super Turbo didn't come out for the SNES.
>>
>>3619417
/vr/ is pretty clueless when it comes to fighting games.
>>
>>3619136
I guess they tried to brush up the designs and bring them closer to what's popular in 2016 in Japan. I see Robert got turned into a womanizer Spanish barista type, which wasn't exactly what he was before but it's fine with me. His "turtleneck + vest + chain" look aged pretty badly.

On the other hand, Beni got changed drastically, and IMO not for the better. I guess SNK got scared because Jojo anime recently came out, so they'd get called out on stealing Polnareff. IMO, his new outfit looks pretty bad.

Other slight redesigns like Terry and Andy didn't really click with me, but I guess slight updates may help the game look a bit newer. I neither liked it nor hated it, they did OK IMO. What really rustled my jimmies though was the new characters. I only accept Paula because she's too cute
>>
File: robertbl[1].jpg (110KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
robertbl[1].jpg
110KB, 800x800px
>>3619084
Well, it could've been worse...
>>
File: Alice-kofxiv.jpg (266KB, 619x1629px) Image search: [Google]
Alice-kofxiv.jpg
266KB, 619x1629px
>>3619520
Yeah for the most part I don't like the re-designs but they're at least a little less cartoony than 12 and 13 were and I hold out hope for more skins and costumes.

I agree on the new characters being a mixed bag of mostly not good, but that's been the case since '99 in my opinion. Paula Paula might be the worst KoF character ever in my opinion, but I really like Alice both design and moves wise, and Meitenkun, Banderias, Gang li and Luong are pretty cool too. So overall it's not bad for a new entry.
>>
>>3618173
GGPO was launched in 2006 and 2DF (Supercade's old name) followed shortly afterward, at the time it offered several more games (this was when GGPO only played Alpha 2 and MvC1) and eventually grew extra features like tracking your win/loss ratio per-character-matchup in ST or ELO-based player ranking if you participated in Super Sundays (Supercade later removed almost all of these features)

Is there any sort of /vr/ online FC fighting group? I don't live in a place with a local scene but it would be neat to have things like regular FC tourneys or a ranking board
>>
>>3620712
Closest you'll probably get is /fgg/ or the discord, which has a pretty dedicated fightcade playerbase.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.