[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does nobody manufacture this kinds of joysticks in a modern interface

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: joystick.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
joystick.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
Does nobody manufacture this kinds of joysticks in a modern interface anymore? Would plugging one trough an adapter to a modern computer even work?

I know they were more of a compromise than anything else, and that arcade sticks are basically better in every way, but those are also hella expensive, and for 2 or more player games they're a bit of a pain to set up. Besides this old joysticks were pretty comfy if they were of good quality.
>>
And also I think the most similar things nowadays are flight sticks, but I don't think you'll want to risk an expensive and sensible flight stick playing a fighting game or something.
>>
>>3613340
Flight sticks are nothing like digital joysticks. Even gamepads with a +button or similar are closer.

There were USB versions of the Competition Pro but they're out of stock everywhere.
>Would plugging one trough an adapter to a modern computer even work?
As long as you get the correct adapter.
Most joysticks used the Atari style DB-9 connector. IBM compatible computers also used DB-9 for the serial port but it has a different pinout and shouldn't be compatible.
>>
google
arcade stick pc
>>
>>3613505
>arcade sticks are basically better in every way, but those are also hella expensive,
>>
>>3613454
So is the best chance of using one on a modern system to just get the right adapter then? Sucks, because those old joysticks are going to get rarer and rarer.
>>
>>3613507
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>3613647
Op.
You might be able to realize that by searching this thread for the quote.
>>
>>3613337
I basically made pick related for my msx using arcade parts and an empty psu frame
>>
>>3614820
What kind of PSU? ATX seems a lot larger than a joystick.
>>
just make one with sanwa buttons/joystick and a project box with one of the many available microcontrollers that'll output to usb
>>
>>3613337
Not that I know of. Not sure why you're comparing this to a "hella expensive" arcade stick. A $10 fight stick would be a better fit.

>>3613647
>who is autistic
>>
File: Rockfire RM-203.jpg (21KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
Rockfire RM-203.jpg
21KB, 500x371px
I use a Rockfire RM-203 adapter with a CH Products Mach 2 joystick. Works great with DOS games (DOSBox).
>>
>>3615748
What about Windows games?
>>
>>3615785
It can be calibrated in Windows, so I don't know why it wouldn't work with a Windows game. But I have no Windows games that would benefit from using it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.