[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of Driver? Also retro driving/racing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: driver.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
driver.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
What does /vr/ think of Driver? Also retro driving/racing games thread.
>>
>>3611819
1. Great fun with the minigames.
2. Casuals have trouble with the tutorial.
3. Gods have trouble with the last level.
4. "Nice drivin', son."
>>
One of the best ps1 games
>>
>>3611846
The last level requires a miracle to beat it. luckily I got it
>>
the programming behind the car chases and camera work is amazing.

the difficulty of 1 player was too high
>>
>>3612054
Do you wanna be the wheelman or a fag?

Its gotta be difficult
>>
Tutorial was a waste of time.
Depressingly rigid, don't make any mistakes or you are fucked.

OK game, but the sequel was miles better. Being able to hop out of your car and steal another made it so much more enjoyable, and helped cut down on the number of "Lol, better not make any mistakes!" missions. Granted, the last level of 2 was much harder than the last level of 1, but it was worth it for the better gameplay.
>>
The cops pissed me the FUCK off in both 1 and 2.

Run a red light, they'll fucking kill you. Hell, I broke behind a cop car quickly and skidded and they all came after me.

Still, it was fun.
>>
The tutorial is the ultimate casual filter. If you can't beat the first stage, you might as well quit immediately you won't make far into the game.

Nevertheless, the game is ruined by bullshit and is artificially difficult. The last mission is objectively awful due to its insane difficulty.
>>
Sounds like some of you people are just simply bad at video games. This game has been pretty easy so far.
>>
>>3612043
Me too. Congrats.

>>3612118
Actually, its not 'don't make any mistakes', it's 'recover quick from your mistakes'.
After coming back to it thanks to this thread, I crashed twice(once doing a reverse 180, and once doing the brake test), and I STILL managed to beat the tutorial. Like I said, you have to recover fast.

>>3612152
Yeah, cops were like the Gestapo on speed and steroids. If you even BREATHED funny, you were auto-P.E. #1.

>>3612275
Feel free to apologize for your smartass remark once you get to the last level and try to beat it for the twentieth time.
>>
>>3612469
I wasn't talking about the tutorial, I was talking about the first game in general. Half the missions involved being mostly perfect. The last level was a fucking slog where you hoped to reach the end before taking fatal damage. The tutorial was just a waste of time since you didn't use most of those moves in the game proper.
>>
>>3612553
Ah, I see now.
Odd though...I only recall two missions that required you to be mostly perfect(Superfly with the sports car, and the explosives delivery). As for the moves, I disagree; aside from the donut maneuver(and MAYBE the brake test), proper use of those moves could at least GET you to the final level with a minimum of fuss, depending on your path. Burnout and reverse 180 could save precious seconds on the clock, while everything else should be basic knowledge.
100% agree on that final level though...fuck it to hell.
>>
>>3611819
Confession
I could not beat the tutorial
>>
>>3612559
I liked the final level in 2 a lot better. Was unfair as fuck but far more enjoyable. Beat both once, don't know if I have the patience to do so again.
>>
>>3612553
>The tutorial was just a waste of time since you didn't use most of those moves in the game proper
Most of the manoeuvrers are just basic driving tips. Drive fast, turning, using burnout to get a jump start and loosen your steering, doing quick reverse 180s, and using the handbrake for tight corners and quick stops.
Then slaloms, and 180/360s, can be utilised to great effect against the less-than-stellar cop AI.
>>
File: 52020-Driver_(G)-1.jpg (92KB, 1898x949px) Image search: [Google]
52020-Driver_(G)-1.jpg
92KB, 1898x949px
Loved this game. It was really something else when it came out.

Once I survived 45mins in survival chase mode, I think in San Francisco. I found a glitch that prevented the cops from ever finding me by hinding in some places; but then I moved and they all rushed toward me and my car literaly flew away and made the game glitch out.

>>3611819
>pig disgusting NTSC-U cover
>>
>>3612680
PALfags get more "artistic" cover to make up for their gimped gameplay. Faint praise.
>>
>>3612684
Actually, the devs were based in the UK, so no.
The game was made with PAL in mind, it's not "gimped".
>>
>>3612685
>The game was made with PAL in mind, it's not "gimped".

You got lucky nesfag but I'll get you next time.
>>
>>3612693
>I'll get you next time
Not on the subject of PAL shit. I laugh at PAL collectorfags who claim real hardware is better for the 'intended experience' when in fact they'd rather play 50hz shit than emulate.
>>
>>3611819
>It won't install on w7x64
Oh fug.
>>
>>3612715
really? It worked on my W7x64
>>
>>3612561
Me too anon
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.