[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any 3rd party controllers for the n64 that are actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images (22).jpg (18KB, 444x331px) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
18KB, 444x331px
Are there any 3rd party controllers for the n64 that are actually somewhat decent?

I managed to snag some old n64 games on the cheap the other day and went to play them, but after an hour my hands started cramping and it my left thumb got sore

I'm looking for something symetrical but with decent buttons and build quality. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1475715688557.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475715688557.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Stop being soft and use the normal controller
>>
you're supposed to have your left hand on the bit in the middle. If you hold both sides and stretch your thumb across to the analog stick you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>3609764
not him but N64 sticks always die, if there any N64 controller that doesn't have this problem? and is cheap
>>
>>3609798
replacement sticks maybe
some anons say u can use silicone grease to increase their lifespan
>>
>>3609665
Just replace the N64 analog stick with a replacement Gamecube style stick.
>>
>>3609798

I have yet to see an actual N64 with a dead stick. Mine are all loose, but they all still work and I don't notice any issue with its precision.
>>
>>3609665
the hori mini pad is good, and the raphnet gcn to n64 adapter is good.

no other 3rd party joysticks or controllers for the n64 are good.

the best controller for the console is the OEM controller before it wears down, which takes like 1000+ hours of gameplay if you grease it.
>>
anyone in this thread who suggests the "gamecube style" replacement sticks is a fucktard who doesn't know anything about controllers.
>>
>>3609859
also, if you go with OEM, avoid using it to spin, like with bowser throws in sm64 or mario party minigames. this type of gameplay wears them down faster than anything else. use an alt controller for spinning.
>>
>>3609854
Cool story bro, of course all n64 sticks croack.

It was shit design.
>>
>>3609941

I'm not lying though. Maybe I've been lucky but none of my controllers actually stopped working. They do get loose as fuck after Mario Party though. But somehow they still work.
>>
>>3609798
All-steel replacement sticks are coming out soon, original high precision without the wear problems, might be worth checking out.

>>3609854
I've played one until it's loose enough to lose precision.

>>3609960
I've definitely got one worn down to the point that it nearly won't respond to one angle.
>>
>>3609798
Yes. Yes.
Jap controllers are great and kept cheeto free will last a life time.
>>
>>3610630
Is this becauze Nintendo didn't omit lubricant on Jap controllers?

What about Europe? Are their N64 pads lubed?
>>
>>3609665
That d-pad looks really uncomfortable.
>>
>>3610630
This. Japs always keep their shit pristine, I rarely see their games and consoles in "acceptable" condition.

>>3611834
Europe has the same sticks as the US.

>>3609849
Shit advice. Try the arrow minigames in OoT with a GCN stick, you'll know the true definition of hell.
>>
>>3611834
That's the meme. Not sure if it's true. Personally I suspect there are other causes. First, Japanese are anal about keeping things clean. Not spray it with Lysol clean, actually clean. Second they don't play games like a rabid ape. They're calm and precise in their input meaning less wear on the controllers.
Obviously generalizations and it's entirely possible the controllers are simply made of better quality material. It wouldn't be the first time the US version of something was poor quality in order to save costs for the kmart market.
>>
>>3610630
You can also apply silicone grease to a US controller if you can find one in decent condition. I've been playing N64 on one lubed controller for about 3 years now without noticing any wear. I might open it up again to re-apply the grease in the near future.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.