[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TFW "240p" YPbPr from the Wii works but not 240p from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161109_235300.jpg (997KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161109_235300.jpg
997KB, 2560x1920px
That's whack, /vr/. 'Sup with the whack PlayStation, 'sup?
>>
>>3609417
It's too old for component
S-Video will work.
>>
>>3609420
The problem is that it confirms the 240p from the Wii isn't identical to real 240p over YPbPr
>>
>>3609429
>isn't identical to real 240p
The Wii is outputting real 240p, as is the PS2.

If I had to guess, the issue here is that where the PS1, and as such the PS2, will render and output at different horizontal resolutions, the Wii is locked to a single horizontal resolution and makes uses of scaling in order to make up the difference for emulation/VC

Your TV may be perfectly fine accepting a 720x240p signal, since it's very similar to a standard NTSC video signal(720x480) but doesn't like what is very likely 320x240p coming out of the PS2.
>>
>>3609452
Do analog video signals even have horizontal resolutions? I always thought there was just vertical frequency and refresh rate the rest was just a matter of ideally matching the source resolution to the native resolution of the display.
>>
>>3609417

My launch day model 1 PS2 does that just fine.
>>
>>3609480
They do, but not in the "discrete pixel count" sense; It's all one continuous waveform. Higher resolutions require higher bandwidth to push, and for CRTs, higher quality tubes(TVL and gun focus) to actually resolve the additional information.
>>
>>3609497
What does TVL stand for?
>>
>>3609519
TV Lines; Or rather, Lines of Horizontal Resolution. It has to do with how fine of a phosphor grid/stripe pitch the CRT has internally as well as the ability for the electron gun of the CRT to focus tight enough to make use of that fine pitch.

It's a measurement of how many individual, alternating, black and white lines can be drawn to the screen and be discretely resolved. More focused gun and higher dot/strip pitch lead to a higher line count and as such a higher (effective) horizontal resolution. I say effective because it's entirely possible to display an image to a CRT that far out stretches that number, but you won't be able to resolve every last detail and information will be lost.

The closest equivalent to fixed pixel displays would just be their native resolution. An LCD has a limited number of pixels of which it can display an image with, say 1920x1080; A CRT would in turn have a maximum horizontal frequency, which in combination with the refresh rate, ironically limits the vertical resolution, and a dot/stripe pitch that would in part constitute its TVL which would limit the discrete/effective horizontal AND vertical resolution.

tl;dr: CRT babble that has nothing to do do with the actual thread topic.
>>
>>3609480
Depends on the type of video signal. In the case of a TV signal there is horizontal resolution but not in the same way as vertical. You have limits in how many times you can change various properties of the horizontal signal and the resolution is anywhere between that the maximum of that and 1.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.