[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this /vr/? I'm willing to bet 90% of us here owned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: post-276455-1253002609_thumb.jpg (17KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
post-276455-1253002609_thumb.jpg
17KB, 298x300px
Is this /vr/? I'm willing to bet 90% of us here owned them and loved them.
>>
>>3608234
>>3598589
>>
>>3608234
I've been wanting one super badly lately, but they're really fucking expensive now cus nostalgia tax.
>>
Have one, haven't touched it since middle school.

I actually managed to convince a friend to get one with me after the anime came out, but we where always out of phase, so we either couldn't fight each other or it would be a shutout. There really was a large power gap between rookie and champion levels (never got to ultimate), and taking care of them was a huge pain (when I did get to champion, it was always numemon or meramon, and meramon only when I used the vitamin cheat).
>>
>>3608284
Gigapets are different than Tamagotchi.
>>
>>3609187
>gigapets
que?
>>
I always got that shit monster and he could never win any fights.
>>
>>3608234
Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is this?
>>
>>3609398
>>3609187

Digimon. It is a virtual pet that kids in the 90s would bring to school and get taken away by teachers who thought playing the recorder or climbing a rope was important.
>>
File: nintendo-mini-classic.jpg (63KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-mini-classic.jpg
63KB, 600x625px
>>3608234
At first glance I thought this was a nintendo mini classic, the only lcd game I truly ever loved.

Digimon didn't catch on in our region as far as I can remember, we do had a shitton of tamagotchi tough.
>>
File: 3.jpg (117KB, 776x573px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
117KB, 776x573px
>>3608234
Truth be told,
it was originally the reason I got into pokemon
I thought it was an extension of digimon.
>>
>>3609419
>by Physical Education teachers who thought...
...practicing some useless sport if only to bond with other kids or take a liking to excercises was better than playing with a mindless toy.

dont get me wrong i liked tamagothi, even if was a couple years too old for it when the fad came to the west, and if your kids teacher or your teacher was doing you a favor, too bad the school wasn't open minded enough, my PE coach would bring some chess boards for the kids who werent in the mood to play footbal volley basket, soon there was a whole team of nerds and normies enjoying some board games.
>>
>>3609419
>climbing a rope

That shit is beyond retarded.
>>
>>3608234
I had a clear blue digimon and a cat gigapet I got from KFC.

They still sell these don't they?
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 504x737px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 504x737px
>>3609434
I loved this thing as a kid. Thanks for the feels.
>>
I traded my 1st gen to some kid at school back in the day for Sonic 3. It had 2 buttons missing that i stuffed with gluetack so it still worked.
>>
>>3610641
Not really. It is a great test if upper body and core strength. Plus, it will teach you a thing or two about yourself
>>
>>3609419
Lmao digimon and gigapets are no way related ya dip
>>
>>3612686
>forcing students to climb ropes isn't beyond retarded

What's this, North Korea training future tin soldiers to die for their stupid flag? The only thing it can teach you is weather or not you're enough of a professional failure to ever take such a thing seriously.
>>
>>3614034
whether*

Fuck, I should've spent more time learning this language instead of climbing ropes.
>>
>>3609384

You only get those by being a shitty casual.

You need to autistically check every 5 minutes for baby digimon, and every 10-20 minutes for anything between then and champion, and make sure their needs are met. No more than one shit on the screen at a time, do not let them call out for food, never give them vitamins, always train instead, ect.

They get less needy the longer they live, but if you're shit enough to get Numamon, then you may as well just reset.
>>
>>3613484
Uh
Gigapets were Digimon, idiot.
>>
>>3609434
I wouldn't mind Nintendo resurrecting that size/form factor as a Game Boy SOC and selling game bundles on SD or in tiny GB carts for it.
>>
>>3614116

I hope you're not proposing a real Gameboy that small. And if you are, Nintendo would pre-build the games into it, they wouldn't let you add more.

I don't want a Gameboy that's smaller than the Gameboy Pocket.

But I wouldn't mind a new, all in 1, mini game and watch that's shaped like a gameboy.
>>
>>3614083
Gigapets were made to compete with Tamagotchi.

Digimon were made by the makers of Tamagotchi to appeal to boys.
>>
I really wish virtual battling pets would come back, probably as some sophisticated smartphone app.
>>
>>3614175
>I don't want a Gameboy that's smaller than the Gameboy Pocket
While I understand your point of view, I personally enjoyed the Gameboy Micro even though it was doomed from the start.
>>
>>3614268
They had ONE JOB with Pokemon Go. ONE FUCKING JOB.
>>
>>3614083
HA now I know you're trolling
>>
>>3614268
Well, fans made an amazing re-creation of the Pendulumn model. They added in lots of new digimon, and you can choose from several eggs. The evolution tree on each egg is obscenely huge. There's an online battle mode, and QR/Barcode scanning battles too. It's been a while since I played, but there was some kind of store under construction as well.

It's been taken off of the play store, obviously because it outclasses most official digimon releases, imo. But you can still find it, probably by going to the forum or something.

It's called Digimon Unlimited. Check it out. But don't expect it to be easy, there's no way to pause these guys when you're too busy to avoid the care mistakes.
>>
>>3614816
>there's no way to pause these guys when you're too busy to avoid the care mistakes.
As it should be
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.