[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What tips would you tell someone playing Zelda 1 without directly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: legend_of_zelda_map_front.jpg (382KB, 2104x788px) Image search: [Google]
legend_of_zelda_map_front.jpg
382KB, 2104x788px
What tips would you tell someone playing Zelda 1 without directly telling them where to go and what to do?
>>
"play something else"
>>
>>3605273

>If something looks suspicious: bomb it, torch it, push it, do what you need to do (although sometimes these things aren't obvious)
>Some doors can only be opened/blocks can only be pushed when all enemies are dead
>There are walk-through walls in the 2nd quest (and one on the overworld in both quests ;))
>The advice the wise men give despite being cryptic is generally solid
>The whistle is very useful on the overworld
>Always keep potions stocked, try and get the blue ring/sword upgrades as soon as possible
>Have fun
>>
>>3605273
"READ. THE. MAP."
>>
"Skip the first two Zelda games they blow ass."
>>
>>3605273
EASTMOST PENINSULA IS THE SECRET.
>>
>>3605273
>bomb every fucking wall that you think looks suspicious, there's secret rooms everywhere
>level 9 is in the northern part of the map, there's 2 of these stone clusters in the middle and you need to bomb one of them
>yes I know that makes no sense, but fuck me I spent hours looking for that place.
>The candle works on bushes and the flute works well in the overworld.
>>
I CAN'T WAIT TO BOMB SOME DODONGOS!
>>
>>3605637

What did he mean by this?

>Fans speculate that it has to do with the location of the triforce inside the dungeon

Do Zelda fans just not know what a Peninsula is?
>>
>>3605273

read the manual, it's got everything to get you started and you'll likely be clueless without it

same goes for many other 3rd/4th gen games
>>
>>3605273
Follow the map and write down the clues, 's all you need
>>
>>3605717
If you look at the shape of the map as though it were an island, the area where the triforce is does indeed form a peninsula. Considering the translations from this game were lazy and cryptic as fuck, and other old men often refer vaguely or metaphorically to the dungeon map, it's not that ridiculous of an assumption. Either that or the old man was just shilling for his brother's shitty gambling racket in the overworld.

>"Listen, Harold, you stay here in this dungeon, and if anyone comes by, tell them they should visit my game parlor. But don't tell them what it is, just call it a secret or some shit, that'll be cool."
>>
>>3605781
or the actual secret directly above it.
>>
>>3605273
It's okay to play with a map, anon. The original NES game came with a poster of the map in the box.

You should be able to discover where to go and what to most of the time, if you get stuck and start to get agitated just quickly look up where to go in a guide. It's really not that big of a deal and there's really not much fun to be had in getting frustrated
>>
Bomb. Fucking. Everything.
>>
If you don't want to use a guide, find a buddy who's also new to the game and wants to play too. Share your progress daily, if you get stuck maybe your buddy will have figured it out.
>>
Bomb literally everything

Make maps
>>
>>3605273
Burn down the forests. Blow up the hills.
Pay attention to the patterns of what can be boomed/burned.
Wander.
Buy shit. (shop around if you don't want to grind the blue jumpy bitches for coins)
Use intuition.
Read the words. There's not many in game. But words do help.
Don't be afraid to use your pic related. It came in the box. Clearly it's not cheating to use.

That's all you need to know really.
I played through the first quest yesterday. Pretty sure I got every hidden spot too. It's really not that hard.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.