[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the FUCK /vr/ I thought we had a retro console repair general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 20161106_012056.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_012056.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
what the FUCK /vr/ I thought we had a retro console repair general going but there is none

WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY

My poor, poor Gameboy Pocket was in one of my archive bins, along with cds and CD cases. I put it away awhile ago because it used to have intermittent problems booting up games, sometimes it will, sometimes after a lot of blowing and wishing, sometimes it just hangs at ©Nintendo. Best of luck with Super Mario Land.

BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER THAT WAS AN OLD PROBLEM.

Now, I come to find that some IDIOT I don't know if it was me or someone in the past put something heavy on it, and I, first, found this with this darkened spot in the screen in the center, and second, found most of the case BENT, even if just very slightly, but BENT all the same. It is not so bad that I can't insert a cartridge, I can and it fits smoothly going in and out.

But this fucker is scaring me, and I haven't dared tried to turn it on, I don't want to short circuit anything if it truly is too bent.

oh GOD it's like looking at a mauled limb don't tell me it's beyond saving I'm so sorry Pocket I never got a Color you were with me all through Pokemon I traded with you

HELP ME /vr/
>>
File: 20161106_012213.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_012213.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>
Game Boy Colors cost like 20 bucks. Just buy a replacement.
>>
File: 20161106_012405.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_012405.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
I forgot to mention, the screen area looks peculiar, you would think it would be popping out, but no, the screen looks RECESSED and the plastic underneath it/above the buttons is popping out just a bit l, same with the plastic above the screen, the screen itself, no matter how I feel it or look at it, looks completely flat
>>
>>3603263
That is an option but LAST RESORT

buy a replacement, buy a replacement for your dick
>>
>>3603259
>>3603265
The bend is normal. It's how the pocket was designed.

The dark spot though, that might be polarizer rot. It's fixable, but a pain to do.
>>
>>3603315
Please elaborate, and thank you for the reply

If the bend is normal, why does the plastic seem to pop out around the screen? Is that also normal? I remember the front being completely flat like the Gameboy

And what is polarizer rot? Did the screen rot away? What makes it a pain to replace? Or is there a way to repair the original hardware?
>>
turn it on retard, it'll be fine if it isn't already fucked. whatever's on with it is probably fixable but debatably worth it.
>>
>>3603259
Shove it up your ass.
>>
>>3603259
You bought a fucked up unit dingus. Buy one that works. Pay more than a dollar.
>>
>working gbc costs $20
>fixing the screen costs $30, a couple hours, and maybe you did it wrong.
>but tell me how to fix it

>>3603263
This anon gets it
>>
Turn it on it won't hurt it. If the screen seems to function normally other than being dark in the center there's just some pressure on it. Pop the plexiglass out and see if the LCD doesn't go back to normal either immediately or overnight. Bend the plexi back by laying it face down on a softish surface like a carpeted floor and setting a bowling ball on it for a minute.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.