[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /vr/, i'm currently deciding on a front-end to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: xretroarch.png (133KB, 640x343px) Image search: [Google]
xretroarch.png
133KB, 640x343px
Hello /vr/, i'm currently deciding on a front-end to use for the emulators that I have on my computer. I'm torn between retroarch, emulation station, and maximus arcade. I was wondering what the perks for each are and the best one to get. Also feel free to share your setups or recommend other front-ends that i'm not aware of.
>>
Launchbox is the best, is very easy configure it
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>3602232
> Emulator frontends
Like, literally why did I never think of this before. Some centralised way to keep track of emulator settings and shit. Automate taking the hassle out of emulation!

I literally only found out about these today.
Give me more info!!
>>
>>3602371
not sure if sarcastic or not
>>
>>3602232
Retroarch. Because it has the best A/V sync and lowest input lag when you enable hard GPU sync and frame delay. It's also got customisable shaders.
>>
>>3602562
I only wish it supported GameCube and Commodore 64. I can understand the former being absent, but not having a C64 core is inexcusable.
>>
>>3602562
If only it picked up more than one controller.
>>
>>3602601

it really only picks up one?
>>
>>3602639
That's false. I have 2 of them connected in RetroArch and they work as intended.
>>
>>3602668
I got like 4 connected. It only works with my 360 controller. Which is shit for retro games.
>>
>>3602260
launchbox looks cool but it looks like you have to pay to get all the features.
>>
>>3602747
You don't need the premium version. If you think you do, it's cheap (or you can pirate it (but just buy it you tightwad))
>>
>>3602679
It's the greatest controller ever made, anon.
>>
>>3603412
Sure for 3d games that need 2 analogs. But for dpad only games? I use an original ps1 or a SLS sega saturn controller. Both dont get picked up by retroarch, so fuck that shit. I know you can get it working if you piss about with config files but fuck that when I can use just about any of the emulators as stand alone with less autistic interfaces anyway.

>>3603410
>50 bucks
lel. if it was 10 bucks id buy it
>>
>>3603410
cant find a decent torrent. what now im not playing 50 dollars
>>
What's a good front-end for a lowres (240p) screen?
>>
File: 788778878787.jpg (44KB, 1000x697px) Image search: [Google]
788778878787.jpg
44KB, 1000x697px
>>3602260
>>3602747
>>3603410

>freemium
>closed source
>windows-only

Do us all a favor and omit the r next time you type the url
>>
>>3602232
can you make retroarch display emulators such as dolphin or pcsx2 which are not cores in its normal library? i couldn't figure out a way to, but i still use retroarch for everything but the systems its cores don't support.
>>
I give up

I spend 2-3h today trying to get Mednafen to work within Retroarch

i read every guide and watched a few video and it just doesnt fucking work

i tried everything, fucking EVERYTHING

i got literally every PSX bios ever created, tried every setting, tried BIN IMG and ISO formats

im going back to ePSXe because im a fucking shitter retard
>>
>>3604213
I couldn't get it to work either senpai, I can get any other disc based system to work, but can never figure out ps1 on retroarch.
>>
>>3604215
fucking hell man i just dont know anymore

are you on Windows?
later tonight im gonna talk with a friend that knows a lot about Retroarch and i hope i will get it working

ill post in this thread if i get it working
>>
File: 1470286566617.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1470286566617.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>3604218
Thanks man, I am on windows.
>>
>>3604030
>Sure for 3d games that need 2 analogs. But for dpad only games? I use an original ps1 or a SLS sega saturn controller. Both dont get picked up by retroarch, so fuck that shit. I know you can get it working if you piss about with config files but fuck that when I can use just about any of the emulators as stand alone with less autistic interfaces anyway.

I just might be the only person on the planet with no problems with the dpad, even when I played, say, SFIV.

Also have you considered using xpadder? I do that for my 360 controller and I'm able to use it for everything.
>>
>>3604276
>I just might be the only person on the planet with no problems with the dpad
It depends.
On my old 360 controller the d-pad was squishy and hard to use.
My new one is more solid and I have no issues with it. It feels pretty good, actually.
>>
>>3604213
>>3604215
The trick to make bios work on retardach is to get the proper one.
Problem with many Bioses and bios packs is that bioses in them were either wrongly named or named using small/capital characters or combination of those and in epsxe that would work but not in retorarch because RA is case sensitive.

Here is the stuff I used that I can confirm works
Ignore the virus warning as well as redirect to some russian site and new homepage, just complete the survey and input your personal data, SS number and accept one $0.1 transaction, nothing our of the ordinary
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#Multi-System

Read more about this fuckery:
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Using_RetroArch#BIOS
http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Using_RetroArch
http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Emulator_Files
>>
>>3604324
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

I love you man (no homo)

i got the 3 BIOS files (scph5500.bin
scph5501.bin
scph5502.bin) and i did this
"NOTE: The default on RetroArch is for system files to be placed where your ROMs are, it's recommended you change this by going to 'Settings' > 'Directory' > 'System/BIOS Dir' and setting the directory to the 'system' folder."

And it fucking works! Holy fuck. Fuvking bios. Im this guy >>3604213
btw
>>
Set up Rocket Launcher and then create steam shortcuts to the games. RL is a thing of beauty
>>
>>3604407
>steam shortcuts
u wot m8?
>>
>>3602371
>
>>
>>3604407
you mean rocket dock?
>>
>>3602232
Retroarch is not a frontend for emulators, it's a frontend for libretro, which is a platform. Emulators and other stuff are developed for libretro or ported to it, and then Retroarch allows your system to interface with it. The point of libretro is you port an emulator there once, and it works everywhere libretro can run, including most modern OSs, portable devices and consoles that have been hacked. The graphical interface for Retroarch (what you apparently call a frontend), in turn, is called RGUI. It comes with RA in most cases.

If you want flashy, nice looking and easy to configure stuff where you will swipe through boxart and downloadable annotations, RA is not what you need. RA's central point is unified interface between platforms: it's roughly the same on your Windows, Linux, Android, PS3, Wii and what have you.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.