[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Drive 'Limited Edition' Console Heading to Brazil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: md-21.png (146KB, 580x281px) Image search: [Google]
md-21.png
146KB, 580x281px
>Unlike knockoffs and clones, the Mega Drive Limited Edition is officially licensed from Sega. While the audio/video performance specs aren’t beefed up over those of the original in any way, the Mega Drive Limited Edition does come with 22 games, including Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Shinobi 3, and Arrow Flash, preloaded into its internal memory. There’s also a Micro SD slot for playing stored ROMs plus the good old cartridge slot.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/mega_drive_limited_edition_console_heading_to_brazil_in_2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw6dXurB1EM

What do you guys think?
>>
>composite video out
>micro sd slot
>original hardware so it can play carts and use original controllers

Seems like a convenient way to play Mega Drive games, although it's kind of expensive imo. My Model 1 Genesis was around US$20.
>>
> it's just Tec Toy again
>>
>>3600164
>>composite video out

Fuck me, I confused composite with component.
>>
>>3600176
everyone does.
>>
>>3600169
Brazilian Dendy.
>>
File: New Game.png (57KB, 293x156px)
New Game.png
57KB, 293x156px
>>3600283
More like Brazilian New Game
>>
File: mega%20traseira_z_00[1].jpg (336KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mega%20traseira_z_00[1].jpg
336KB, 1920x1280px
It's a fucking FireCore just like every other @tGames/TecToy Genesis. It's just shaped like an OG Genesis why are people so fucking stupid?
>>
Also, for $140 you could easily get a Genesis and a flash cartridge probably with enough left over for an RGB to Component transcoder.
>>
>>3600164
>>3600176
Umm, you had it right. The article says composite.
>>
>>3600296
>why are people so fucking stupid?

They are brazilians.
>>
Oh wtf, I thought it was supposed to be HDMI. into the trash it goes.
>>
File: cringnirc.jpg (34KB, 284x285px) Image search: [Google]
cringnirc.jpg
34KB, 284x285px
>>3600164
>>micro sd slot
Aww, fuck that shit! I thought it would be a normal fucking SD slot. How the hell are they supposed to release games on itty bitty dinky shrinky micro SD cards?!?!?

How fucking stupid can they be?

Who would want to buy games that are that tiny? For a non portable system? For something that is that big? And how is supposed to have any cart art? Or any sort of product-presentation?

It proves they are not serious about releasing stuff!

The one notable feature of this thing that hasn't been shot down/denied, and they screwed it up!
>>
>>3600661
>How the hell are they supposed to release games on itty bitty dinky shrinky micro SD cards?!?!?
Those things can hold like 250GB nowadays
>>
>>3600435
Now that is so damn presumptuous and single minded! Who are you to say it goes into a trash can when we don't know all the other things about it?

You don't know how all the other unique defining aspects of it will turn out! You cannot say how many pieces we will need to break it into - can't say how many trash cans it needs to go into!
>>
>>3600435

Just buy a converter.
>>
>>3600946
>>3600435

>converter
>hdmi

at least ask for component. or s-video.
just go and buy a fucking CRT and play the game the way it meant to be.

you digital faggots are cancer.
why the hell do you want old consoles but still cry for not having emulation features
>>
>>3600668
And floppy discs can hold 1.44, 2.88, 100 or 120 megs, and I-RAM type devices can hold gigs of memory (and it's already totally common practice for cartridges to have batteries in them anyway!!), and laserdiscs can hold plenty of space and already have been used in conjunction with sega genesii, and tape drives are famous for their storage capacity and efficiency and have been used with consoles before, and magento optical drives have been favoured by console war winner sony and their particularly mainstream MO disc has held a gig ages ago.

But, I dunno, I can't imagine any of those being used with any sort of remotely mainstream console.
>>
>>3601475
What was the point of this post?
>>
>>3601583
Space is cheap. Use of physical mediums get weird. If they want to make use of it, they need to be careful. Space is especially cheap relative to the demands of a 4th gen console.
>>
>>3600972
People can hook up their consoles however the hell they want. Also, image quality isn't an "emulation feature." That's like saying 60fps is a "computer feature."
>>
>>3600159
>Like all the other shit spewed out for the Brazilian market that is officially licensed from Sega and also shit the Mega Drive Limited Edition is officially licensed from Sega and also shit.
FTFYK
>>
>>3600661
>>3601475
MicroSDs are everywhere these days. Replacing batteries in carts is annoying,LDs died as a niche thang, tape drives aren't very good for reading and writing quickly, magnetic optical drives were even more obscure than LDs?
>>
The funny part is even though the console is not cheap for brazilian standards (it costs something like half of the minimum wage) it's not a bad deal in the end as you would expend almost its price importing or buying a Everdrive or equivalent. Man, this country sucks if you want to have fun.
>>
>>3600661
>Who would want to buy a game on media that can store thousands of the largest Genesis games ever made?
How fucking stupid indeed.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.