[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darius 30th Anniversary Ed. announced for PS4 - Music Album,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Darius-30th-Ann-Ed-Ann-PS4.jpg (93KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
Darius-30th-Ann-Ed-Ann-PS4.jpg
93KB, 600x390px
http://gematsu.com/2016/11/darius-30th-anniversary-edition-announced-ps4

Contains:

Seven-Disc Special Album

Disc 1: Darius (Arcade Version, Game Boy Version)
Disc 2: Darius II (Arcade Version)
Disc 3: Darius Gaiden (Arcade Version)
Disc 4: G Darius (Arcade Version)
Disc 5: Darius Twin (Domestic Version, Overseas Version)
Disc 6: Darius Force, Sagaia (Consumer Version / Overseas Version Darius II)
Disc 7: Mobile Version Darius, New Arrange Music, etc.

Original Darius for the First-Time as a Disc-Based Package

The first time the original Darius is released on disc for a home game console, realized thanks to the help of Hamster, who manage the Arcade Archives game download service. This is the Arcade Archives version of Darius with the cabinet instructions panel display added to create a more arcade-like atmosphere.

Interview Booklet and Super Play Blu-ray Disc

The interview booklet contains 32 pages of interviews with the Darius series staff. The Blu-ray disc includes super play videos of the PlayStation 4 version of Darius, as well as the arcade versions of Darius Gaiden and G Darius.
>>
This looks neat. I honestly don't think I've ever played Darius, but I do appreciate what looks to be an appealing package on physical media.
>>
Why not using only a single disc?
>>
>>3599772
>This looks neat
No it's not
seven fucking disc?!!
>>
>>3599774
They're audio CDs, not DVDs or Blurays. They're meant to be played on a CD player.
>>
Unless there is a translation error, it looks like the PS4 game is only the original Darius arcade. The 7 CDs being what we already know as soundtracks.

This is a complete waste of money unless you really really want the soundtracks that bad. I hope it's just a translation error and the game really includes all the Darius games, what a fucking waste of a blu-ray otherwise
>>
>>3599773
This. It's not like this is a mid 90s FMV game. Put that shit on as few discs as possible.
>>
>>3599767
That's cool and all but I'm never going to buy a PS4 to play this.
>>
>>3600023
Thanks for your input
>>
What the fuck is wrong with Taito?
It was the the perfect occasion to release an amazing collection, but no, better release the original game as an afterthought.
>>
>>3599952
It's the same version that's being released digitally on the PS4 Arcade Archives.
http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2016/11/04/69740.html

I'm not sure how well emulated the Arcade Archives releases are, but it seems like a waste of Blu-ray space if they're not including the rest of the Darius (at least the arcade releases).
>>
>>3600235
Any port they'd release today would be just MAME plus roms, so I don't know why it is a problem.
>>
>>3600587
The PS4 Arcade Classics version of Contra is much better emulated than the MAME version.
>>
>>3599952
To be fair, the soundtracks are pretty great. Darius Gaiden in particular is fantastic.
>>
>>3600592
I could draw the game frame by frame and mimmick the sounds with my mouth and it would still be better than a mame emulation.
>>
>>3599767
Darius is Gradius for casuals. Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>3600602
>muh hyperbole
You probably don't even know what's wrong with the MAME emulated versions of any game.
>>
>>3600603
>casuals
Autists not permitted. Leave immediately.
>>
>>3600653
Why are you on the most autistic 4chan board if you hate autists?
>>
>>3600603
Looks like someone is butthurt that their favourite series is dead while its main competitor is very much alive.
>>
>>3600603
While I'm inclined to agree with you, as any game not ripping on Darius was ripping on R-type, you can still fuck off. G-Darius despite being casual was "FUN".
>>
>>3600691
>very much alive
lol
>>
File: grad5.jpg (247KB, 337x432px) Image search: [Google]
grad5.jpg
247KB, 337x432px
>>3600691
>very much alive
Last Darius game Taito themselves actually helped work on was 1997.

You sure you're not upset that you'll never ever get a Darius game as amazing as Gradius V, though?
>>
>>3600704
>last major Darius game: 2015 December
>last major Gradius game: 2004 September

ok.
>>
>>3600747
>last major Darius game: 2015 December

wow, a lazy rehash of a mediocre handheld game, i'm so impressed
>>
>>3600750
Woah fuck you guy Darius Burst is actually fun.
>>
>>3600759
It's barely a Darius game. Burst is extremely short compared to other entries, art assets look like rubbish, and even the bosses aren't nearly as creative as earlier games. The scoring system is pretty barebones and basic, too. If you want to play a good modern horizontal shmup, try Battle Traverse.
>>
>>3600790
you just shit
>>
>>3600790
If I want to play a modern horizontal shmup I just default back to Border Down.

And yes it's short, and isn't exactly pretty and the boss design ain't that good. But when I play it across both screens and some of the good stage songs play I can't help but enjoy myself. What can I even say.
>>
>>3600750
still more than what Gradius had for over half a decade.
>>
>>3600794
>good stage songs
Literally the only thing that Darius has to offer.
>>
>>3600816
Being Zuntata must be swell.
>>
>>3600790
I've been enjoying Dariusburst a lot, just got it on sale

I don't like how ACEX was set up, but CS is pretty fun and feels like there's always a new challenge (even if it's recycled content)

>>3599767
I appreciate all that music and content, but kind of wish they atleast included all the pre-Dariusburst games.
>>
>>3599952
I think the game is just a nice freebie on top of the album collection, they expect people to buy the albums and consider the physical copy of the game as a freebie
>>
File: old-man-phalanx.jpg (24KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
old-man-phalanx.jpg
24KB, 230x230px
>katakana spelling of Darius
>mfw I realize I've been pronouncing the title incorrectly all these years.
>>
>>3600750

'Sup /v/irgin? Got anything better to do this Friday night?
>>
>>3600893
How have you been pronouncing it? As far as I can tell, it's pronounced like a british accent version of 'darius' which in my experience is about what katakana often amounts to (and is also how I've been pronouncing it).
>>
>>3600893
>>3600920
How DO you pronoiunce it?

I swear between dare-e-us and dar-e-us

I also disregard the word "radius" and pronounce gradius "grah"dius
>>
>>3600920
>How have you been pronouncing it?

ダりュス
>>
>>3600052
Damn bro you mad as fuck.
>>
>>3601050
ダライアス
This is pretty close:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA5P_w3cE4o

You're pronouncing Gradius correctly.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.