[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good retro adventure games that aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 13

File: ndwjkd.png (61KB, 1174x678px) Image search: [Google]
ndwjkd.png
61KB, 1174x678px
What are some good retro adventure games that aren't Sierra or Lucas Arts?
>>
>>3599274
Kono yo no hate de koi wo utau shoujo YU-NO
>>
Discworld 1-2
>>
File: Underground-Gamer_tab02.png (501KB, 1121x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Underground-Gamer_tab02.png
501KB, 1121x1048px
>>3599274
I really liked the Legend of Kyrandia games. They were calm and had pretty pixel art. Nothing difficult, but just satisfying to click around.
>>
File: Underground-Gamer_tab03.png (489KB, 1116x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Underground-Gamer_tab03.png
489KB, 1116x1046px
>>3599274
Also, I remember reading the back of the box to Inherit the Earth, and it sounded so interesting. Basically one day the animals found that humans had disappeared and it sounded like a mystery what had happened to their ancient gods ... or maybe I am misremembering but it was so cool of a premise, and a time before I knew furries were a thing. Ah, innocence, that is the true mystery where that went to.
>>
File: Curse-of-Enchantia4.png.jpg (18KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Curse-of-Enchantia4.png.jpg
18KB, 320x200px
Curse of Enchantia
>>
File: first day on vr.gif (124KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
first day on vr.gif
124KB, 640x480px
>>3599274
The guys who developed the Na'Pali add-on for Unreal also made some cool P&C games based on books. You should definitely try Death Gate, Shannara and Companions of Xanth.

Also I've never played their adaptation of Wheel of Time but from what I've seen it's pretty good.
>>
>>3599274

Gemini Rue is a game i enjoyed.

There are also some other good ones at this website:

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/
>>
>>3599274
Beneath a Steel Sky.
>>
File: blackstar-agent-of-justice.gif (14KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
blackstar-agent-of-justice.gif
14KB, 640x400px
Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet

Blackstar: Agent of Justice [pic related]

Superhero League of Hoboken
>>
File: pri_01.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pri_01.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
Not retro but Primordia the best adventure game I've played in maybe a decade.
>>
Legend of Kyrandia
Myst
>>
File: amazonqueen.jpg (62KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
amazonqueen.jpg
62KB, 640x400px
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Also, this: >>3600553
Wadjet Eye makes/publishes some great oldschool adventure games. It's great that people are still keeping the genre alive.
>>
bump again
>>
File: simon.png (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
simon.png
106KB, 640x480px
Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorceror I & II are excellent - avoid the sequels though, they are pure dog shit.
>>
>>3599274
There exist such a thing?
>>
Recently played pic related and it quickly became one of my favourite adventure games.
It seems weird and nonsensical at first but as more of the narrative is revealed it all comes together in a logical and satisfying fashion.
It may be a bit easy but that's largely because it has logical puzzles and no pixel hunting (I only had to use a walkthrough once in my playthrough). Graphics are also surprisingly good for 1998.
>>
>>3602938
Sanitarium is indeed a great point and click adventure game.

I also recommend every adventure fan play through Broken Sword at least once.
>>
>>3599274
Technically Bad Mojo counts as an adventure game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxoqmW8j8cY
>>
>>3600570
It's even available for free on GOG.com
>>
File: Teenagent (aka Teen Agent)_6.png (59KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Teenagent (aka Teen Agent)_6.png
59KB, 320x200px
One of the oldest games from the folks who are now CD Project Red, there's Teen Agent - again, I think free on GOG these days.
>>
File: 4702_dbs1.png (54KB, 640x256px) Image search: [Google]
4702_dbs1.png
54KB, 640x256px
Germany had a pretty huge amount of promotional games during the 90s and some of the adventure games released could almost reach the standards of actual commercial ones.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.