[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know what the japan only "sequel" to River City

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: RiverCityButsom.jpg (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RiverCityButsom.jpg
98KB, 500x500px
Anyone know what the japan only "sequel" to River City ransom is called. A NES game that was apparently like RCR except expanded?
>>
>>3598992

Don't know, probably one of these;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunio-kun
>>
>>3598992
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunio-kun
Could be Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zen'in Shūgō!

THere's also a PC Engine CD version of it with a live soundtrack, better graphics, cutscenes, and voices. Japanese only unfortunately (I've only really listened to the soundcrack)

According to hardcore gaming the X68000 version has extra sections (deadends go to new areas).

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kunio/kunio.htm
>>
>>3599001
>>3599884
Thanks. I tried them all (before I saw the replies I decided to dig even deeper into research lol). It seems to be that Downtown Special game. Except there are no enemies (most of the time) and my friend and me wandered around aimless for 30 minutes until we quit. Translated version and non translated.

Clearly the translation, or game in general, has some trick to actually play the game. Unlike RCR where you just go to town kicking ass.

In my search I found a on foot 'racing' game with 4 rcr guys. It was the most ridiculous shit. Downtown Nekketsu Kōshin Kyoku: Soreyuke Dai Undōkai
>>
>>3598992
It's in feudal Japan and it has CRIPPLING slowdown.
>>
>>3599914
>Except there are no enemies (most of the time) and my friend and me wandered around aimless for 30 minutes until we quit
?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoCoKPi-qM8
>>
File: 6346b9c2.jpg (18KB, 481x322px) Image search: [Google]
6346b9c2.jpg
18KB, 481x322px
>>3599914
>Except there are no enemies (most of the time) and my friend and me wandered around aimless for 30 minutes until we quit. Translated version and non translated.
It's not like RCR/DNM, in which the whole game is one linear stage with bosses always showing in specific places. You have to access the map when you pause the game to track down the enemy gangs when they move to different regions.

>>3600000
Wasted get.
>>
There's also the gba remake.
>>
>>3600000
I did try to say most of the time. We had guys spawn in 4 areas. But it seemed random.

>>3600065
I just tried and noticed the translated version says "ally" for map. Apparently the version I downloaded is not complete, which totally makes sense as to why we had such a tough time finding story/enemies.
>>
>>3599946
>What is Goemon on NES?
>>
>>3600538
Goemon is a Konami IP, retard.
>>
>>3599884
*pce version of rcr
>>
>>3599884
>According to hardcore gaming the X68000 version has extra sections (deadends go to new areas).

Tried that one. It was hard as hell. Not only are the enemies merciless against you and you do pea damage even in easy mode, but getting around is a pain to navigate without a good idea which area leads to which.

Don't have a 3DS, so I don't much about Tokyo Rumble's story and how it compares to RCR.

I also recall there was a fan-made version in RPG Maker that was popular, as it dealt more of Kunio's history prior to joining Nekketsu (later made canon).
>>
>>3601230
SP rantou (tokyo rumble) as well as SPECIAL (the one prior) have a pretty easy story following, even if you dont japanese.

there are easy to follow markers to know where to go to continue the story, and the story events start as soon you get to the specified section, dont have to talk with anyone.

plotwise, the stories have nothing to do with each other.

SPECIAL is the story from the arcade game expanded as kunio's first days in nekketsu high.

TR is about a gang of evil banchos paid by the mafia boss from the original arcade game and SPECIAL, and kunio teams up with the bosses from the previous game to stop them,
>>
>>3601230
I played the X68000 version years ago, but IIRC the extra maps were nothing special. They were just recycled areas from the original FC version, but now every gang has their own school with two unique bosses).

>>3600491
>I just tried and noticed the translated version says "ally" for map. Apparently the version I downloaded is not complete, which totally makes sense as to why we had such a tough time finding story/enemies.
It's not really an option on the pause menu, you have to press B if I'm not mistaken.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.