[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's free on GOG for 2 days! https://www.gog.com/game/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: me0001333939_2.jpg (232KB, 800x1023px) Image search: [Google]
me0001333939_2.jpg
232KB, 800x1023px
It's free on GOG for 2 days!

https://www.gog.com/game/little_big_adventure_2

Discuss the game.
>>
>>3598268
>it's free
So is AIDS, but I still wouldn't want it.
>>
>>3598272
Why not?
>>
>>3598272
You know where to get free prostitutes?
>>
>>3598312
yes, I just knock on your mom's door.
>>
File: spock-is-fuming.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
spock-is-fuming.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
>>3598327
>>
File: not shinobi.jpg (91KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
not shinobi.jpg
91KB, 600x450px
>>3598268
Thanks, mate. I don't have time to play though. Ack, added another Demo to my lib...

Not on discount , but it's a disgustingly good imitation of NES platformers. Thumbnails got me fooled.
https://www.gog.com/game/oniken
>>
>>3598327
What an original joke.
>>
>>3598268
I don't know what the hell this is but thanks I downloaded it
>>
File: odallus.jpg (78KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
odallus.jpg
78KB, 480x269px
>>3598395
These guys also made a pretty good not-Rastan game.
>>
>>3598268
Its also free on Emuparadise, without having to sign up for a shitty slavic SJW service, lol.
>>
>>3598867
haha nice one
>>
@3598867(you)
gr8 b8 m8.
>>
>>3598867
this is an 18+ website
>>
>>3599147
Says the kiddo posting in a thread about getting games for free.
>>
Got it but haven't played it yet.

How is the first game? Worth playing before the sequel?
>>
>>3599226
Great early on, drags a bit in the middle if you don't know what to do, short but frustrating final stretch, cool ending.

If you want to know why the second game starts off with a statue of you in town square, play the first one.
>>
>>3598867
>>>/v/
And stay go.
>>
File: LBA_dev_team.jpg (680KB, 607x905px) Image search: [Google]
LBA_dev_team.jpg
680KB, 607x905px
Damn, look at these cool cats.
>>
>>3599832
>0.23zł has been added to your GOG account. Keep up the great work, comrade.
>>
>>3599835
Frog girls are so ugly anon. Nothing like New Game!

>>3599836
Where's my shillbucks?
>>
File: lba2.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lba2.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
bump
>>
I played the fuck out of the demo back in the day just running around that island. Some of my comfiest gaming memories.

I tried playing it years later and absolutely hated the 2d action stuff. I'd much rather be playing Crusader or something.

Is the game worth playing if I feel that way? Or is there plenty of 3d adventure stuff to make it worth it?
>>
>>3599835
This was Frederick Raynal's primetime. If all the Carmack/Romero ass lickers on /vr/ were logical people, they should also kiss this one's ass.

Nobody, not even in France, seem to realize he influenced the entire industry at that time.

1992: Alone In The Dark. Raynal comes up with the idea of using 3D models within 2D pre-rendered backgrounds to go over technical restrictions. The technique influenced the entire industry for a decade, and not just for survival horror, which he also set the standard of for more than a decade.

After that he is smart enough to resign from Ubisoft seeing the direction they were going for with AITD2 and seeing as they didn't seem to understand his genius.

So he makes his own company, and in 1994, in no time, Little Big Adventure is out. It re-uses the "use 3D models within pre-rendered 2D backgrounds" technique of AITD, but in a completely different way and for a different genre.

To give an example of how influencial that was for the 90's and early 00's: you know that beta version of Final Fantasy VII for N64, all in 3D? THAT is what we would have got if AitD and LBA didn't set a new standard.

>On March 13, 2006, Raynal along with Shigeru Miyamoto and Michel Ancel were knighted by French Minister of Culture and Communication, Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres, as Knights of Arts and Literature. It was the first time that video game developers were honored this distinction.[10]

source: wikipedia

Sadly nowadays he seem to be hiding as big wig producer in Ubisoft's studios, and his actual creative edge seem far off. Nowadays, it IS hard to be truely creative and innovative, especailly if you belong to a big company like that.
>>
>>3598268
Much improved mechanics and graphics over the first game, but I still prefer the original one. It's a lot more playful and imaginative in its atmosphere, 2 feels a bit more like an action game while the first is more of an adventure game. There is something about the way you discover and explore another world that has not been reproduced in 2.

Also 1 has uniquely amazing soundtrack.
>>
>>3601526
>>On March 13, 2006, Raynal along with Shigeru Miyamoto and Michel Ancel were knighted by French Minister of Culture and Communication, Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres, as Knights of Arts and Literature. It was the first time that video game developers were honored this distinction.[10]
Cool af
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.