[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question /vr/. Who owns the rights to Hard Drivin'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1415767867865.jpg (18KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
1415767867865.jpg
18KB, 192x263px
Quick question /vr/. Who owns the rights to Hard Drivin' now? I know it was Tengen at first, but they are gone, then it went to its parent company Atari, but I believe they are gone now too. So whos left?
>>
File: 35270_front[1].jpg (45KB, 511x512px) Image search: [Google]
35270_front[1].jpg
45KB, 511x512px
Atari is still around and likely own the rights. It's nice to see another Hard Drivin fan it's a shame that MAME doesn't support modern torque feedback wheel controllers. Have you played pic related? I believe it's the best collection you can get for console but it's Japanese only and released after shit like Gran Turismo so it stayed pretty obscure. I didn't even know it existed until I bought it in a lot with Runabout 1 & 2.
>>
>>3598241
>Atari is still around
They're not. Infogrames bought the rights to their name.
>>
>>3598241
Ive never played it no. Never heard of it even. But I am definitely going to check it out, thanks!
>>
Shit! I was just thinking about this game. I love the cinematics when you crash. 8 yr old me ate that shit up.
>>
>>3598241
>>3598280
Atari didn't make Hard Drivin': Atari Games did. They were bought out by Midway who was bought out by WB.

(yes, Atari Corp and Atari Games are two different companies. Midway also owns the rights to Williams Electronics's games. This is all easy-to-find information on Wikipedia, but I guess if an e-celeb doesn't tell you something, you'll never know)
>>
>>3599283
I also just noticed it says Tengen right on the fucking box. There's your first clue.
>>
>>3599289
>thinks the Genesis version was the original version
>>
>>3599293
>Tengen was a video game publisher and developer that was created by arcade game manufacturer Atari Games and focused on computer and console games.
I imagine you're just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>3598207

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5YjZLvL8l4
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.