[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/ I was wondering if there's an unofficial patch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

Hey /vr/

I was wondering if there's an unofficial patch for Resident Evil: Director's Cut DualShock Edition that changes the music back to the music used in the original version of the game.

I've searched but haven't found any such thing which I find surprising considering how notorious the DualShock Edition's music is.
>>
Someone will have to confirm this, but I heard the Director's Cut version without Dual Shock support is good.
>>
I have this for my PS3 but honestly never use the analog stick on the Dual Shock because I think RE's tank controls were meant for a D-pad.

The soundtrack fucking sucks minus this track
https://youtu.be/Wft07hr6D2c
>>
File: twin_peaks_dale_cooper_001.jpg (137KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
twin_peaks_dale_cooper_001.jpg
137KB, 500x374px
>>3597792
I was half prepared for you to post that awful basement music.
>>
>>3597792
>>3597473

In late 90's, I got this version after paying RE2. I had no idea the soundtrack was different. I should go and play the original. The original score is SO much better.
>>
>>3597473
>I've searched but haven't found any such thing which I find surprising considering how notorious the DualShock Edition's music is.
I find it surprising too, since it's one of the FEW RE PS1 mods out there. Seriously dude, your google-fu is shit.

>So to celebrate the 15th anniversary of it's release I'm releasing this mod that finally restores the uncut videos and the original soundtrack.

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?10318-RELEASE-PS1-Resident-Evil-Ultimate-Directors-Cut-Dual-Shock-MOD
>>
>>3597829
I was really tempted to do so
>>
File: skeltal.jpg (22KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
skeltal.jpg
22KB, 1280x720px
>>3597829
>mfw every time I see that boxart, I can hear that opening note playing in my head
>>
I've got a related question.

What's the best versions of RE2 and RE3 respectively?
I heard something about Dreamcast, Gamecube and some SourceNext PC versions.

Can anyone give me a rundown on differences and which one would generally be the most recommended one for 2 and 3 respectively?
And if it's the sourcenext versions, where do I download them in English?
>>
>>3598414
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
>>
File: zsnes.jpg (48KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
zsnes.jpg
48KB, 490x490px
>In June 2013, a reporter from the magazine Aera interviewed Samuragochi at his apartment in Yokohama, but noticed a number of inconsistencies in Samuragochi's deafness statements, including his ability to respond to questions before the sign-language interpreter had finished, and standing up to answer a doorbell when it rang.[11] The interview was ultimately not published by the magazine due to doubts about Samuragochi's statements.[11]
>>
File: 1477063804963.jpg (1MB, 2320x2002px) Image search: [Google]
1477063804963.jpg
1MB, 2320x2002px
>>3598778
Sourcenext for RE2 apparently has a translation patch. I didn't use it because I'm hella familiar with RE2. I didn't see one for RE3.

Found this link on a Youtube video for RE2

https://mega.nz/#!Ew9gjSzR!xdJHUvRN6ojQp_08CO5abQc6kqc_iSkmGEddEMwFnzk

You can find the patch by googling, but I didn't try it.

If you need it in English, I would recommend Gamecube.
>>
>>3598778
For RE2 there really isn't one that's the best because each one has something the other doesn't. I recommend playing through the PS1 version first and then just picking whichever port interests you afterwards, but for the love of god don't fall for the delusional idiots claiming the N64 port is good at anything but being a technical marvel.
>>
>>3598778

gamecube versions are probably the best due to having all the extras and the best resolution. however, the dreamcast versions of both are fine as well. basically just avoid the PSX and PC versions. the n64 version of re2 is a bit of a downgrade graphically but is notable for having the unique 'randomizer' option which randomizes all non-quest items in a playthrough.
>>
>>3599473
>Telling him to play the PSX version

Nigga.

See >>3599465
>>
>>3599490
He said to try it first, not exclusively. And It's not like the PS1 version is cancer or anything, fuck do you even read before posting.
>>
>>3598879
Oh right, the composer pretended to be deaf. And it somehow took over a decade for anyone to figure that out.
>>
>>3599494
>He said to try it first
For what purpose? It has less content and looks worse than the versions that came after it. He might as well just get the best versions of the game unless he's a collector.
>>
>>3599465
Thanks man.

What about RE3?
I want GC version for that?
Or Sourcenext? Cause I don't see any English patch for that.

PS. I never played RE2 or 3 before.
>>
>>3599465
I'm pretty sure the translation patch doesn't translate everything.

>>3599796
Either GC, Dreamcast or PC are all great for RE3.
For RE2 too btw; except that the GC version doesn't have the extra Nightmare difficulty mode the DC and PC versions of RE2 have.
>>
>>3599801
>for RE2 too
>240p backgrounds
>RE2 too

Please don't talk about things you don't understand.
GC version of RE2 looks like fucking ass, cause I saw comparison of it already.
>>
File: RE2Leonsourcenext.png (108KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RE2Leonsourcenext.png
108KB, 640x480px
>>3599802
The GC version of RE2 is viable because it's the only one in which you can skip cutscenes. Also the GC versions of RE2 and 3 have no polygon jittering.

This being said I'd rather it third, after PC and DC. I always play the PC versions myself.

> cause I saw comparison of it already

Every single "technical comparison" I've seen are biased pieces of shit.
>>
>>3599806
>Every single "technical comparison" I've seen are biased pieces of shit.

This. I've looked for them, not a single comparison worth a damn, be it video or screenshots.
>>
>>3599806
>>3599815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycwc1hdZIl8
Faggots.
Enjoy your garbage 240p backgrounds.
Might as well kill yourselves and play PS1 version you nostalgiashitters.
>>
>>3599817
That's one of those worthless comparisons I was referring to.

Good job.
>>
>>3599818
>WAH WAH WHY DOES IT KEEP PROVING ME WRONG PLEASE RAPE MY FACE

This is you

Seriously you have to be blind and have brain damage to not see difference between 240p and 480p backgrounds.
>>
>>3599501
>For what purpose?

To get the most pure experience possible and then picking the port that has the content they find to be the most interesting after knowing how the base game plays really well.
>>
>>3597789
I can confirm, this is the definitive version. You get the bonuses of the Director's Cut, with music of the original. And in my experience, the game is better with the dpad anyways.
>>
>>3598778
Dreamcast
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.