[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love this game. It has this eerie, yet comfy feeling that few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 40415-Yoshi's_Story.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
40415-Yoshi's_Story.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
I love this game. It has this eerie, yet comfy feeling that few games have been able to replicate.
>>
>>3596661
It's probably eerie for you because its visuals are made of arts and crafts.

...arts and crafts that were found in an abandoned hoarder's house and assembled together in lieu of an actual, breathing world. It IS stated that the baby Yoshis were hatched inside a cursed world made to look like a storybook, which obviously wouldn't be lived in and give off that unnerving feel. But yeah, it is indeed comfy as you said.
>>
>>3596679
Yeah, I think you nailed it. It's so strange to think that a game can be both creepy and relaxing at the same time, but that's what Yoshi's Story is.
>>
>>3596694
The prerendered graphics on the 64 bit console also helps, admittedly. Woolly World isn't as eerie, it in fact turns the comfy factor up to insane levels in comparison, plus Yoshi himself is a part of the arts and crafts, not an actual Yoshi living in the fabricated world, it alleviates the juxtaposition Yoshi's Story has otherwise.

You know, now that I think about it, I can't think of any other eerie-comfy games like it. Maybe the first Pikmin?
>>
>>3596661
do you think when yoshi poos out an egg it smells like poo and mario gets grossed out haha
>>
>>3597692
Ok, i've seen this before. Are you going to post like 6 more times about your egg laying/smelling fetish? I don't know if the thread really needs all that.
>>
File: 1408179112680.jpg (3KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
1408179112680.jpg
3KB, 250x174px
Oh man I remember renting this when I was younger and getting creeped out in the first level where the elephant blocks your way with a stop sign. The sound he made after he got up from your butt smash was unnerving.
Also whenever you lost a Yoshi and your flower health metter would fucking die and make a dying face. Then you had to pick another Yoshi from among the pool of other Yoshis. just walking around aimlessly in that dark room. Shit was eerie as fuck for young me.
>>
>>3597804
Oh also I remember that my mom used to love playing this game too. My brother and I would just watch her play for hours.
>>
Have you played Yoshi's Wooly World on the Wii U? Honestly it gave me the Yoshi's Story feels. It's a really good game.
>>
File: world 3.jpg (14KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
world 3.jpg
14KB, 265x190px
maybe autism speaking here, but did anyone else spend a lot of time just fucking around on the stage select screen?
>>
The soundtrack could be uncanny at times too, such as that damn Yoshi singing in the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXFzSF1Gtk
>>
fuck you and your "comfy" shit, you want comfy go back in your moms flappy cunt
>>
>>3597869
comfy is life. I still lol'd though
>>
>Yoshi's Story is creepy

What is it with people attributing "creepiness" to the most mundane stuff? Maybe I was too old when it came out to fall victim to the "old games are a literal goldmine of spook" thing, but I don't remember a single thing about this game being remotely creepy.
>>
This game is a gay, easy piece of shit and easily one of my favorite games. I much prefer it to Yoshis Island, fight me.
>>
>>3596661
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7AS50NAwM

Yoshi story composer went hard as fuck with this.

>dat midi rhodes
>dat bass
>dat scratch
>YO
>SHI
>>
>>3597830
You're not autistic, the level select screens are great.
>>
>>3599410
Yoshi's Story soundtrack is weird and trippy.

On one hand you have this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yXRGYaOfeY

On the other hand you have this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxZs95vhS2Y
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.