[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rare >DMA Designt >Williams >Acclaim >Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 307759_front.jpg (38KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
307759_front.jpg
38KB, 640x464px
>Rare
>DMA Designt
>Williams
>Acclaim
>Time Warner
>Virgin
>GameTek

Would you have personally considered this a ''dream team'' of developers in 1996?
>>
>DMA
No, because they didn't really start with their really good shit until they became Rockstar Games.

>Rare
>Willams
Yeah those are pretty good.

>Acclaim
Eeeeh

>Virgin
Don't remember a lot of their titles.

>TimeWarner
Eeeeeeeeeh

>GameTek
Don't even remember who those were.
>>
>Rare

Hell yeah.

>DMA Design

Hadn't done shit yet, unless Space Station Silicon Valley was supposed to set the world on fire.

>Williams

AKA 'all the same arcade ports again'. Not bad to have but not vital.

>Acclaim

God no, they'd produced nothing but shit until Turok. Not that Turok was amazing either.

>Time Warner

Fuck no.

>Virgin

Not 'dream' material but actually pretty solid. Could've made some more good Disney games.

>GameTek

Considering they went bankrupt in '97 and only really produced iffy gameshow titles, this one's obvious.
>>
If you meant for N64, wasn't Midway one of the main supporters? I also don't remember Virgin on N64.
>>
>>3595068
>>GameTekDon't even remember who those were.
I do. Wouldn't you know it, they went belly-up during 5th gen. I know because for several years I would scour Nintendo Power looking for any news on Robotech Crystal Dreams. RIP.
>>
>>3595031
Acclaim is terrible and Williams was out of the video game biz by this time. You also forgot Midway.
>>
>>3595130

I think there is an unreleased ROM of that game.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>3595130
>>3595135

It's in the no-intro collection.

Doesn't seem that remarkable to me (Tie fighter clone?), but I've only spent five minutes with it. Luckily, you can turn off that fucker's reflection in the glass. Horrible idea.
>>
>>3595031

>Rare
They proved themselves to Nintendo with DKC, they were the only Dream Team dev that actually had K64 devkits before the console was released

>DMA Design

Lemmings was quite a success on the PC world but they were pretty unknown in the console realm at the time.

Miyamoto bugging them about including more puzzles and toning down violence against civilians on Body Harvest (that was ultimately dropped by Nintendo and published by Midway, one of the reasons you won't see any Rockstar Games on a Nintendo console) inspired them to make GTA, the rest is history.

>Willams
>>3595126
That was the same as Midway btw, some fraudulent advertising with Cruisn USA but they were OK at least the N64 got MK4

>Acclaim
Before Turok they were known as a shovelware company, NBA Jam was pretty good though

>Virgin
Did they ever did anything on the N64?

>GameTek
Literally vaporware

>Would you have personally considered this a ''dream team'' of developers in 1996?

Absolutely not, other than Rare honestly it was a terrible "Dream Team"

It was basically the best team of reputable western companies Howard Lincoln could draft in a time every Japanese developer ( on the top of the video game world in those days) wanted revenge on Nintendo for the NES days abuse and were moving all their games to the Saturn and PlayStation leaving the N64 with almost nothing,
>>
>>3595720

And anyone left over had to deal with the cartridge production prices, tight standards/practices, shitty advertising deals and games that retailed at almost twice the price as the competition. The N64 even doing as well as it did was a miracle, developers were getting fucked every which way.
>>
Here's an interesting post by Brian Fehdrau, lead programmer of Secret of Evermore on SNES and World Driver Championship on N64

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1024219/

>there were just very few "A" Teams working on N64.
>>
>>3595130
Are you me?
>>
>>3595068
>>3595125
Do you really believe that DMA wasn't notable in 1996? I seriously hope you're joking.
>>3595720
Lemmings was an Amiga game, not a PC game. Body Harvest was published by Gremlin.
>>
File: Body_Harvest.jpg (46KB, 501x350px) Image search: [Google]
Body_Harvest.jpg
46KB, 501x350px
>>3595978

It was published in America by Midway
>>
People hate on THQ now but during the n64 days they made some fun games
>>
>>3596223
Those Rugrats titles were great, yes.
>>
>>3596223

I think THQ was mostly a publisher. They published Ghost in the Shell for PS1 which is great, and strangely, it's a 1st party game from Sony, in Japan it was published by Sony, not sure why they gave it to THQ in the west
>>
>>3595978
I'm not saying they weren't notable, just that their really good shit wasn't until the 2000's, Red Dead Redemption being the best game they've ever made.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.