[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been playing New Retro Arcade: Neon, and I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2859.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2859.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
I've been playing New Retro Arcade: Neon, and I can't decide what to put on the arcade machines.

What games would VR emulate on them?
>>
If you are going for a full set-up on each and every machine (proper attract audio and video, correct side and front art with proper button and stick placement) I find it is easiest to go to the discussions on Steam for the game, go into the Artist's Alley and finding games that already have art pre-made by somebody. There are also programs you can find in the discussion board that will help you with attract screens and button placement. As far as games, some highlights from my lineup at the moment are:
Wizard of Wor
Berzerk
Metal Slug X
R-Type
Puzzle-Bobble
Aero Fighters 2
Raiden DX
Joust
Nibbler
>>
>>3591764
If you don't have a Street Fighter II': Championship Edition cabinet, it's not a real arcade.
>>
>wtf is this, some complex frontend for mame?
>it's a $20.00 frontend for retroarch with some lame "lol SO RETRO" styled indie games thrown in
>need 8GBs of RAM and a 970 or above Nvidia card to run
>BUT IT'S IN /VR/ MAN!
Incredible.
>>
>>3591884
Actually playing it with a Rift and fight pad is probably the most enjoyable VR experience I've had an it's the only VR anything I've put more than a few hours on.
>>
>>3592008
for the same money you could buy a real cab and a neon light. I suppose if you wanted a high end gaming pc it could be okay.
>>
>>3592140
A real cab for 20 bucks? Dude what the fuck, in what 3rd world country does that happen? Here in /vr/ we get reports of shit games being jewed at $120, good rare games for $300+. Who the fuck is gonna sell a fully set up cabinet for $20?

I do agree that $20 for a VR frontend to RA is a bit greedy as fuck, but no way you can buy a ready-to-go cabinet for just $20.
>>
>>3592140
>I suppose if you wanted a high end gaming pc
>>3592168
You don't have the strongest comprehension.
Not every retro gamer is a 733T pc gamer. You would have to factor in the cost of the entire setup dumbass.
>>
>>3591884
my initial thought too, but its not that

its in fact a 1-scneario 3d game, made in unreal engine and very detailed, i guess it must be interesting as a piece in a modern art museum, you put on a VR headmount, clinb ontop a multidirectional treadmil (what is it called?) and wear some high precision motion-sensing gloves, and you get a glimpse of what a arcade joint in the 80s looked like.

you could say its an expensive 3d level, or a cheap customizable highly detailed 3d enviroment.
>>
>>3592225
I could also say they are using it to mine data from users.
From their EULA:
6. Cookies, Web Beacons, Analytics and Like Tracking Technologies; Data Collection –Your Informed Consent to Our Use. To facilitate product support, product development and improvement as well as other services to you, you agree that DCC or other third parties may use cookies, web beacons and other analytic technologies to collect, use, store and transmit non-personally identifiable technical and related information regarding your device (including unique device id or UDID), IP address, geo-location, device make and model, operating system, software and applications, including Software usage data (collectively, “tracking technologies”). By accessing or using tracking technologies, DCC or a third party may track usage of an application and/or the Software, and also provide you with advertisements that are sent to you based on the usage data collected. In addition, DCC and/or third parties may collect, store, use and transmit non-personally identifiable Software data, session data, browser identifiers, carrier information, as well as online and Software usage metrics, statistics and/or analytics. Data collected by third parties will be collected, used, stored, transferred and disclosed pursuant to the third party’s privacy policy. You should review the privacy policy for each such third party. If you do not wish to review those privacy policies or if you are concerned about the information they may collect, do not install or use this Software. DCC does not guarantee that all third parties that may collect information about you via this Software have an opt-out for behavioral tracking.
>>
File: 1451083166056.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1451083166056.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
>>3592346
>>
how about you cut it with the autistic interface and just play the damn games
>>
File: 1468981236227.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468981236227.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>3591764
I guess virtual reality is the only way kids in 30 years will be able to experience old games when they become uber-expensive
>>
>>3591846
I appreciate the list. I'll be adding in most of those.

>>3591847
Hell yeah, I'll throw that in.

>>3591884
I'm actually having quite a lot of fun with the VR meme

>>3592225
This is why I play it. Arcades were never big in my area, and there aren't any around anymore. This is a great medium to experience it.
>>
>>3592481
an arcade without people isn't an arcade, as simple as that
>>
>>3592489
It's a multiplayer game. There will be people if I want there to be.
>>
>>3592490
well if it has online support it's better than solo I guess, still not even close to the real thing tho
>>
Can we go deeper?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7mSxvF9TU
>>
>>3592506
Well no shit it's not close to the real thing. But the real thing is a rarity now days.
>>
>>3592616
MAME netplay has been a thing for like a decade now though, an autistic interface will not make it any more authentic
>>
>>3592631
I don't think anyone here's that worried about how authentic the experience is except you.
>>
>>3592641
I don't, I just don't get why you need autistic interfaces to enjoy arcade games.
>>
>>3592394
Old CRT televisions are never going to become "uber-expensive"
>>
>>3592643
You don't NEED it. I have a MAME cab for sitting down and playing arcade for long periods of time but I still like to fuck around in NRA and build my own little personal arcade, I dont even use it in VR and I can only imagine the novelty magnifies greatly in VR
>>
>>3592658
Idk family
People are always tossing which decreases supply
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.