[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question, what was that old arcade game that was said to do shot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (953KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
953KB, 640x1136px
Question, what was that old arcade game that was said to do shot to your mind? The government came and took them all. It was said to be a government expirement, that there is no trace of it existing now
>>
Parodius
>>
Shit*
>>
Polybius
>>
im not unitedstatian so i never heard of this, but sounds like a cool urban myth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius_(video_game)

>Analysis
>American skeptic producer and author Brian Dunning believes Polybius to be an urban legend that grew out of exaggerated and distorted tales of an early release version of Tempest that caused problems with photosensitive epilepsy, motion sickness, and vertigo.[1] He notes that two players fell ill in Portland on the same day in 1981, one collapsing with a migraine headache after playing Tempest,[1] and another suffering from stomach pain after playing Asteroids for 28 hours in a filmed attempt to break a world record at the same arcade.[5] Dunning records that the FBI raided several video arcades in the area just ten days later, where the owners were suspected of using the machines for gambling, and the lead-up to the raid involved FBI agents monitoring arcade cabinets for signs of tampering and recording high scores. Dunning suggests that these two events were combined in an urban legend about government-monitored arcade machines making players ill, and believes that such a myth must have been established by 1984, as it was referenced in the plot of the film The Last Starfighter, in which a teenager is recruited by a man in black who monitors him playing a covertly-developed arcade game.[1]

on some archived site on the links
>"Unfortunately, there is no evidence that the game ever existed, no less turned its users into babbling lunatics. No machines have ever been found and no ROMS have ever been produced."

but it seems at least two different games have been made judging from some gameplay videos i checked
on of the videos even had a link to
http://www.4shared.com/rar/PE3RTrt4/Polybius_61.html

be sure to run that thru virusscan websites
>>
this shit should not be on this board
you can find the name if you just google the words you already wrote
why do you need spoonfeeding
fuck yourself
>>
>>3590360
Damn you're a tool
>>
>>3590371
yeah, i guess the anons who recreate the regular threads and paste the proper info, charts and links are too huh
>>
>>3590398
Don't listen to them, you did good. Posting the proper info nips any trolling attempts in the bud, and for most of us the Polybius story is old and busted, and doesn't warrant retreading
>>
>>3589557
I remember playing that in an old arcade controlled by the government.

It was like a strange, dream-like experience. You flew around as an octopus in space and shot stripper penguins and shit. Some of the bosses were clearly inspired by anti-American thoughts (a bald eagle wearing an Uncle Sam outfit, a nuclear submarine, etc.) and the soundtrack was mostly public domain.

I still have no idea to this day what they were testing, but it's probably archived in some top secret bubblegum bunker guarded by flying cats with baby milk bottle cannons or something.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.