[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all agree that Rose Town was the best town in Super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: Rose_town.png (11KB, 240x208px) Image search: [Google]
Rose_town.png
11KB, 240x208px
So we all agree that Rose Town was the best town in Super Mario RPG, right?
>>
>>3589226
Why you gotta bring /v/ memes in here?

>now that the dust has settled
>so we all can agree
>what did he mean by this?
>really makes you think
>popular game is shit
>least popular game is actually best

But to answer your question...no... Moleville is best
>>
>>3589346
I hated Dyna and Mite, and the minecart ride was stupid.
Merrymore is clearly the best. Because that tune is forever burned into my brain due to it being the town I got over 6 billion points in beetle blaster in.
>>
Monster town >

Booster's wedding or fighting the Axem rangers were the best parts if SMRPG though.
>>
Sunken Ship and Booster Tower are the best areas in SMRPG.
>>
>>3589226
I really liked the pre-rendered art style in this game.
I liked it in the Donkey Kong Country series, too
I don't understand the hate that style gets.
>>
>>3590540
Me neither.
>>
>>3590540
It's not so bad in SMRPG because at least they made an effort to clean it. DKC series is full of ugly stray pixels and failed attempts to show more detail than the SNES is capable of.
>>
>>3590540
I love it
For some reason I've always thought if I had to become trapped in the world of a videogame SMRPG would be a very nice one to exist in, largely because the art style is so cozy
>>
>>3590540
I came here just to post about this.
For me, the rendering/art style or whatever makes the game look gritty and dark;which is fucking weird because I love that kind of games, but for a Mario game it just doesn't feel right.
It also makes me feel really uncomfortable, like I'd get a headache from playing it for a while.
>>
>>3589226
I could never get the gold suit.
>>
>>3589346

Champion of /vr.

Anon for President.
>>
>>3589226
I got 27 super jumps once.
Other than that, I could never break 13-15.
I don't get the timing at all.
>>
>>3589226
>play SMRPG
>it's fun
>years later realize it was so mediocre I can't even remember what the fuck OP is talking about.
>>
>>3591183
What gold suit? Google reveals nothing.
>>
>>3590547
Examples?
>>
>>3592635

search for "Super Suit"
>>
>>3589226
Absolutely. That music is unbeatable! That's also where you get the special mario theme when you first meet Gaz. FUCK THIS GAME IS SO GOOD
>>
>>3592645
>asking for examples for an arbitrary derogatory excuse
>>
>>3595527
Bingo, baby
>>
>>3589226
>>3589346
No

>>3590475
Yes. Nimbus Town or w/e would have also been acceptable
>>
>>3589226
Maybe if you have a petrification fetish.
>>
>>3596490
You don't?
>>
sheeit I wish nintendo would quit the paper mario shit and go back to this sometimes I wonder if they hate money
>>
File: Super_Luigi_RPG002.png (30KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Luigi_RPG002.png
30KB, 256x224px
>>3599381
They hate lawsuits. IIRC, Square still has rights to some of those assets specific to this game, like Mallow, Geno, timed hits, etc. It is one of the reasons Paper Mario wasn't made as a direct sequel to this (although it should have). And why the "Timed Hits" in Paper Mario had to be called "Action Commands" as opposed to Timed Hits.
>>
>>3596490
but then theres that thing where petrifying people allows you to copulate with Geoduded versions of virtually anyone you know and only has the setback of having to stick to a single position the entire thing. It's a legitimate alternative to necrophilia for people with weak stomachs or too small microwaves
>>
Is this game worth downloading and playing on my everdrive? How does it compare to the Paper Mario series?
>>
>>3595527
>also known as "I don't have any examples because I was talking out of my ass"
>>
>>3601004

>Playing on an everdrive

Heh. Yeah buddy, go ahead and load 'er up!
>>
>>3601047
What's so funny?
>>
Everything in SMRPG is fucking great so no one town is the best anon.
>>
>>3601049
I won't spoil it for you, but give it a try and report back to this thread
>>
>>3601049
SMRPG is one of the games that doesn't work on an everdrive.
>>
>>3601623
This is because it has a special graphics chip. The only other games that use it are Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dream Land 3.
>>
>>3599396
It's really too bad that Square hates money
>>
This and super metroid are the two games i never got around to getting
My mom bought me games all the time but not the expensive 1s
>>
Rose Town gets honorable mention but everybody knows Nimbus Land is the best, followed by Monstro Town.

Volcano had the best theme song
>>
>>3601650
huh what about other games that used chips, like Mario Kart or Mega Man X? Do they not work either?
>>
>>3589346
this anon doesn't afraid of anything
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.