[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just beat this game and really enjoyed it. I understand that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I just beat this game and really enjoyed it.

I understand that it`s from a triology along with Illusions of Gaia and Terranigma, I already played those and enjoyed them aswell.

Are there any other games similar to this game ?
>>
>>3588753
Yes.
>>
>>3588775
I agree. There are indeed similar games.
>>
Nope. Soul Blazer was the first and only of it's kind.
>>
>>3588775
>>3588781

Die in a house fire
>>
>>3588753

Illusion of Gaia/Time is Soul Blazer 2 but Terranigma has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>3589913
None of the games in the trilogy are directly connected. They form a loosely connected trilogy by virtue of sharing the same themes of death and reincarnation.
>>
>>3588753
>triology
It's not a trilogy, they're just games by the same studio with similar themes.
>>3589913
>Soul Blazer 2
No it's not.
>>
>>3590067

A pre-release, English-language version of Illusion of Gaia was leaked onto the World Wide Web in the form of a ROM file. This pre-release version contained a number of differences in presentation and translation as compared to the final English-language version. For example, the prototype version contained a different title screen, based on the original Japanese-version title screen. The pre-release version portrayed small sprites of the game's main characters running on the surface of a comet. The final version released in the United States came bundled with an instruction booklet that contained one image of an early title screen, which still contained the small sprites at the bottom; however, this version had the correct title. In the leaked prototype, the title was presented as SoulBlazer: Illusion of GAIA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusion_of_Gaia

European reviewers presented the game as Soulblazer 2, Illusion of Time (the europen title was Illusion of Time)
>>
>>3590175
Man I hate when people use the "it could have been this way" argument because it ended up NOT being this way. And it shipped this way intentionally. Rambo was supposed to die but he didn't. Rock was supposed to accept money to lose to Apollo but he didn't. Ripley was supposed to die at the end of aliens but she didn't.

The what could have been has no baring on what the game ends up as, and if the movie comparisons are too abstract for you;
DMC to Resident Evil.
Metal Black to Darius.
Final Fight to Street Fighter
>>
>>3590202

Some games are known by multiple titles because the western releases make no sense, and sometimes like this one, it makes sense if you know the backstory.

Another example

Seiken Densetsu = Final Fantasy Adventure (US), Mystic Quest (Europe)
Seiken Densetsu 2 = Secret of Mana (US/Europe)
Seiken Densetsu 3 = only fantranslated, using original title

Then there's the final fantasy series in which the numbers where changed in different releases, and the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest developed for the US, released in japan as Final Fantasy US or something. Talking about them with original titles makes things a lot easier when you can place them in a context.

It's not about any "could have been", it's not the story that was changed here.
>>
File: actraiser_snes.jpg (43KB, 520x369px) Image search: [Google]
actraiser_snes.jpg
43KB, 520x369px
>>3588753
>>
>>3591617
Took eleven fucking posts. Why?
>>
>>3588753
For more Soul Blazer, Gauntlet.
>>
>>3588753
Not retro, but Dark Cloud 1 & 2.
>>
File: IMG_1862.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1862.png
5KB, 256x224px
More turned based rpg, but you might like Robotrek.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.