[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna play Half-Life, the first Half-Life. This Half-Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Half-Life_Cover_Art.jpg (225KB, 305x437px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_Cover_Art.jpg
225KB, 305x437px
I'm gonna play Half-Life, the first Half-Life. This Half-Life was really awesome back in the day, definitely one of my favorite games. I played the hell out of it. Yeah, this seems like a good game to play because it's not all that long.
>>
I want to get to the good parts. The parts where you shoot aliens.
>>
>>3586628
use the software renderer for maximum comfy
>>
>>3586628
I'm interested in replaying the original with some settings I saw once, very different from the bilinear blur I thought was best. Apparently nearest neighbor is good in a different way
>>
>>3586637
Do what now?
>>
>>3586637
Why is this a thing?
>>
>>3587312
Provides highest amount of detail. Bitmap interpolation that happens with accelerated rendering smudges detail of which there's not much to begin with. Software renderer at high enough resolution preserves it. Though for a more authentic experience it should probably be played at 800x600 or 640x480.
>>
>>3587823
>authentic experience
on a 3d game
nah
>>
>>3586628
i dunno if this is allowable here, but you should really play black mesa instead.
>>
>>3588397
>>>/v/
>>
>>3588403
3d games age like milk. anything older than 10 is likely to look like a sack of garbage. admitting this and fixing it is not an issue.
>>
>>3588403
Contain your autism for a second and realise there is more to retro games than "muh resolution"
>>
>>3586628
play it on the Dreamcast
>>
>>3586628
You are going to love it. If you download HalfLife: Source, you're going to have an easy time of it. If you play the original, you're still going to love it because it's a great game. The end stages are hard as fuck and I fucking hate aliens.
>>
>>3586628
You write like you might be a faggot and your trip confirms it.
>>
>>3588401
Considering Black Mesa cuts out substantial parts of the game, has terrible movement compared to the original and replaces the amazing music with rubbish I'd say yes it's not allowable
>>
>>3588487
>autism speaks
>>
play until Xen and then quit

it's not worth your time
>>
File: hl 2016-01-28 18-43-36-72.jpg (150KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hl 2016-01-28 18-43-36-72.jpg
150KB, 1024x768px
>>3588397
Software mode does provide better water effects and color but it also looks like ass so there's that. His bitching about bilinear is irrelevant since you can even turn it off while using 3d acceleration with gl_texturemode nearest instead of using mipmapping.

Here's an example of it with nearest.
>>
>>3588414
So uppting the resolution makes Half-Life better? What kind of logic is that? Also if you can't appreciate older graphic renderers you don't belong here. Go talk about that shit on /v/. I actually don't have a big deal about it, you do what you want. We're just trying to show you how it was originally played and you should appreciate how it was originally.
>>
>>3588645
Don't forget using an aureal vortex for A3D 2.0 sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAOcdfCN-RU
>>
>>3588487
What parts does BM cut out? I've played both and didn't recognise any replaced material.
>>
>>3588686
Faggot means Surface Tension and Xen. ST Uncut got patched earlier this year though. And nobody cares about Xen.
>>
>>3588673
Doesn't work on modern HL1. You need a nonsteam version.
>>
direct3d or opengl mode?
>>
>>3588686
Most of On a Rail and Surface Tension were reworked, for instance. I don't remember every change off the top of my head even though I played it a month ago.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.