[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who has played this? Someone told me it's like Morrowind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Divine_divinity_cover.jpg (35KB, 476x470px) Image search: [Google]
Divine_divinity_cover.jpg
35KB, 476x470px
Who has played this?

Someone told me it's like Morrowind in the Diablo style isometric world.

I recently enjoyed Divinity : Original Sin and really enjoy classic RPGs like Baldur's Gate.
>>
It's not isometric but some other weird perspective.
As for the game itself, it's flawed but has a lot of charm. I love it. And the soundtrack is awesome.
>>
File: 5-shield_of_the_dragon.png (109KB, 402x280px) Image search: [Google]
5-shield_of_the_dragon.png
109KB, 402x280px
I just finished a run-through like three days ago. A couple of quick points of spoiler free advice that I noted during my playthrough:

Classes determine your starting dots and how your character looks, but builds are whatever you want them to be. You can freely learn skills from any of the Warrior, Thief or Mage trees without restriction.

Don't take True Shot from the Path of the Ranger in the Warrior tree. It doesn't do what it's supposed to do and they become wasted skills.

Wisdom is a trap skill too. While it technically works, the amount of points needed to max it and the fact that you'll only acquire 10% by level 30 means you're not going to get more than a level or two of extra XP, which ultimately isn't worth the five skills.

All characters can benefit from maxing out Lockpicking. In fact, some of the best Warrior and Mage armor and weapons in the game are hidden behind level 5 locks without keys.

The Freeze spell makes almost every fight easier and is a good pick even for non-Mage builds. This is especially true early on when you organically run into some pretty tough Orcs just outside the Healer village, like the Drummers and Heavy Orcs.

Even a single dot of Repair is worth it. Without it, your weapon or armor could break mid-dungeon and you have to trek back to a blacksmith to fix it. A point of Repair will bring anything back to 60% fixed, and later when your gear is worth tens of thousands of gold and costs as much to repair, it'll save you HUGELY in the long run.

Magic Barrier combined with Charm Weapon can make you immune to magic by the end of the game. Both are well worth your time maxing out early and enjoying the dividends later.
>>
>>3585706

OP here. Damn dude, thank you. I just installed it and was about to begin a playthrough.
>>
>>3585718
Not that Anon but I want to let you know if you struggle with any of the boss fights and feel like your build/level cannot handle them do this.

Put a point in deadly gift and use a bunch of metal scorpions. It practically makes any boss fight beatable. Poison weapon also helps make boss fights very trivial.
>>
>>3585596
Not retro, but it was kinda fun. A lot more interactive than I thought a Diablo would be. It had more in common with Ultima VII: The Black Gate. I got bored of it though. So many subquests, so little time.

>>3585706
>Path of the Ranger
The arrow skill are really better for mages since they don't add on bow damage, and they're lot cost compared to actual magey spells.
>Orcs
They're pretty manageable with the Stun skill and a good sword or mace.

>Magic Barrier
Not that great. Most enemies don't cast spells.Not sure if it works against poison attacks though. I think the only place with lots of spellcasting enemies is the lizardmen areas in the sewers, but that's optional and only good for finding a unique axe and some treasure.
>>
>>3585870
>The arrow skill are really better
I meant the arrow skills like poison shot or elemental shot. But Poison Weapon is more efficient, if you're using better bows or other weapons, since it works with any weapon with a poison potion.
>>
>>3585746
If you're lucky, you will already a magic froze axe in the instructionary catacombs. Any froze weapon would make boss fights easy, unless they use mostly long ranged attacks.

Note that freezing or stunning enemies before they die MIGHT bug their corpses. Not really a problem unless you've killed a friendly NPC nd want to revive them later.
>>
>>3585706
>repair
theres no difference between 60% and 100% you only need ONE skill point in Repair
Investing anymore is fuggin stupid
>>
OP here.

I played 3 hours of it today.

What the FUCK is up with the camera? Holy shit.

I hope I can get used to this...
>>
>>3586286
I forget if it's Ctrl or Alt, but one of them is used for highlighting items on the ground. It helps a lot with the camera, especially doors positioned on the backs of houses you wouldn't otherwise be able to see to click on.
>>
>>3585706

played it a long time ago, I remember struggling with some fights until I went poison, which is hugely overpowered, and destroyed everything easily from then on
>>
I haven't played morrowind, but I liked Divine Divinity, the game looks sweet and it has a nice soundtrack, too bad, the composer died over a year ago.

I played as the Thief and had to use a bow early on since enemies don't fuck around and will usually attack you in numbers, learned some magic(loved that one spell that leaves an electric wall trail after you), alchemy and summons half way through the game and finally switched to sword and shield by the end.

Scorpions are overpowered as fuck and will destroy anything on their path, I think you can make them follow you around by adding points into some skill, but I can't remember it's name.

I also remember there being a summoning spell that spawns a bunch of metallic skelletons, they weren't too powerful but they were tanky and were great to keep hordes of enemies off of you.

Lastly, an important Imp you must talk to late in the game might become hostile towards you for some reason (He's inside of an Inn, in one of the rooms), if this happens you will have to find a patch to fix it, otherwise you wont be able to continue the main quest. I don't think it happens too often, but it did for me on my first playthrough.
>>
>>3586386
I remember poison comes under spiritual resistance which a lot of the undead and spiders are immune to. But the boss enemies and orcs are weak to poison.
>>
Very nice music, though the more I played the game, the more I wanted to get it over with. Very big map, lots of side quests, some bugs that can ruin the experience some, and a very strange moment where you turn from a guy who gets gangbanged by a bunch of orcs into a demi god who shrugs off everything. Seriously, it just happened for me for no distinct reason where I was one shotting orcs everywhere a level or two after I ran in fear of my life.
>>
>>3586525
>I think you can make them follow you around by adding points into some skill, but I can't remember it's name.

I think it was control monster or something, it can be used on any enemy that doesn't have high spiritual resistance, but it's 100% effective on your own summons. It's kinda stupid that your summons don't follow you around unless you cast that spell on them, and the spell cost a ridiculous amount of mana.

>summoning spell that spawns a bunch of metallic skelletons

That's the skeleton wall spell. The actual summon skeleton spell is rather weak.Only found out it was useless after maxing it out early with books.

The survivalist(sp?) seems to have a bonus for defence so it's actually best with sword and shield, though you focus all on agility and run to the elves' domain, you can buy an endgame bow earlier and kill everything easily.
>>
>>3585596
The humor in this game is so fucking weird
>>
>>3587197
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larian_Studios

Belgium is funny cuntry. Too bad it turned into an ISIS breeding ground now.
>>
>>3587205
I will say the late game divinity 2 and the expansion were killing me with some of the lines.
>>
>>3586286
It gets easier when you increase your sight
>>
>>3585596
It's solid. Not as good as the king D2, obv., but very good.

Although, and as far as I know I'm in the minority on this when it comes to wRPG fanatics, but it's not as good as Sacred (2) or, to name a similar yet non-diablo clone, Dark Sun.
>>
>>3585718
One important thing: HP does NOT increase with each level up, so you should be at least 1 point into Vitality after each level gain, even if you're a mage. Otherwise your HP will be so low that stronger enemies can OHKO you.
>>
>>3585596
Personally, I think it is much better than D:OS.
>>
How are pure warrior builds, is aoe necessary? I liked d2 but I didn't like having to spec whirlwind as an offline barb
>>
OP here. Been playing about 4 hours total now, been super busy lately but still trying to get time in on it.

Is there a better way to heal than making potions? I think I might reroll to a mage with a bow since melee is so difficult to counteract on Hard mode.
>>
>>3590694

Okay, I've been googling a lot and it seems like Hard might just be a straight up bad idea. You have to resort to scumming. I think I'll restart on normal and go melee / magic. Like a Spellsword and use the tips in this thread.

Any final tips?
>>
one of the most broken games I've ever played.

> That bloodsucking-spell that drains 25% of the enemies health. No cooldown or anything. You just keep clicking until the enemy has only 1 HP left and then you just stab them once. Even works for the final boss

> That transformation spell that turns you into a Lvl.1 rabbit. You just release those mechanical spider (?) thingies before turning into a rabbit and level up like crazy as they are killing the enemies. When you transform back, you get to keep all the skill points you received while being a rabbit

Don't know about any patches that came out later, though
>>
I hope for you that you obtained this game legally OP cause otherwise you may run into an really annoying bug in the lategame thats possibly game breaking

true story, happened to me
>>
>>3590935
This problem really doesn't exist anymore because DRM releases are around now.
>>
>>3590716
Best way to heal is to use the Restoration spell. I wouldn't invest any points in it though. If memory serves, between quests and books that you can find, you'll get a full five points from the game anyhow.

Later you can just stick your teleport pyramid by a bed for when you run out of mana to no longer be able to heal.

And even later than that, when you start finding the rare weaponry, reroll awhile until one of them has Mana Drain. Then you never to port back again.
>>
File: 1380047286485.jpg (96KB, 460x614px) Image search: [Google]
1380047286485.jpg
96KB, 460x614px
>>3587197
>the two skeletons in the first dungeon
>>
>>3588949
I played a pure warrior. It's good, but also you will get zerg rushed by orcs a lot. And some of them will hit like a truck. So be prepared for hit and run strategies, or better hit-run-drink potions while running strategies.
>>
File: frogs.png (775KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
frogs.png
775KB, 1360x768px
>>3590723
I thought the transform bug will turn you into a rabbit permanently or something? Can't remember. There was an earlier patch which nerf steel scorpions, but the dev removed the nerf in later patches.
>>3591356
But potion pretty much restore HP instantly and you hotkey them??

>>3592692
>>3588949
I think the warrior have a skill at the beginning that swings your weapon in a circle which consumes stamina instead of mana. If you want to attack multiple enemies, the spikes spell is still the best option.

For warriors,you really depend on your equipment. It's best to get a 2handed weapon as the warrior gets a bonus for attack and damage. Magic swords are aplenty and the sword skill bug gives a free level for just putting one point into it, so you might as well use 2handed swords. Max out the stunning and find a froze weapon and you should be able to kill anything easier except when you're surrounded of course.

Pic not really related.
>>
>>3591385
>Lich: Oh no! I'm spooky skeleton! Pls keeeel me!
Kek. Worst lich overlord evah.
>>
>>3585596
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/371215-divine-divinity/74185598

List of bugs and weirdness in the game.

Note that Assassin's Kiss and Sword expertise seem to work correctly according to player testing, they're just not displayed correctly. Daggers are so shitty, you're better off using a sword anyway ,unless you really really want a light-weight weapon.

Augment damage only works with melee weapons not bows or crossbows.

Bow expertise only seems to increase speed not damage.

Crossbow expertise doesn't seem to work at all.

True shot seems to work with crossbows but damage increase is too low. Doesn't work for bows.

The game also has a bug/feature similar to Ultima VII, you can steal anything you want, as long as you put it directly into your backpack or any container you "own". But if you drop the stolen item again and try to click on it while near some guards or the owner of the item, you're still be branded a thief.

To "switch ownership" of the stolen item, you drop it somewhere far away from guards or the owner, then pick it up again normally. Why bother? Because sometimes you'll want to sell back the item to the person you stole it from. That and to avoid pissing off guards if you accidentally drop some stolen bread or fruits in front of them. Another thing is that items dropped from NPCs killed by orcs or wild animals would also count as stolen goods if you try to pick them up normally. So be careful when looting the dead corpses of human soldiers near the orc frontline.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.