[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I apologize in advance if this falls under not retro but I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: crystal-black-revo-k101-plus-1.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
crystal-black-revo-k101-plus-1.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
I apologize in advance if this falls under not retro but I need to ask a question.
So, I currently own pic related (Revo K101 Plus). Pretty solid GBA hardware clone. Backlit screen and all. Only problem is that it can't play GB(C) games outside of Goomba Color, which is bad.
Now, I have one of two options here.
>sell Revo, get OG GBA, AGS 101 screen and a shell swap for maybe $90 altogether which would probably be as much as I sell the Revo for given its asking price
>keep Revo, get a GBC, shell swap it and get a LOCA frontlight, probably $60-70
What do you think?
Also, to add to this, does one need to solder anything for either of the mods? I suck with soldering.
>>
why not the 35$ gb boy colour option?
>>
>>3585051
Because I thought the build quality on that thing looked super-poor
>>
>>3585043
>OG GBA, AGS 101 screen and a shell swap for maybe $90 altogether
I'd be really impressed if you could find all those things for that price.

>LOCA frontlight
These are all fucking terrible mods. Don't do it.

It's time to step up and realize the miracle that is GB Boy Colour. You don't seem to mind not using original hardware, but it's not software emulation either.
>>
>>3585054
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-SP-GBA-SP-Screen-LCD-OEM-Backlit-Brighter-Highlight/32622199888.html
>>
>>3585053

it's probably fine. although if you're going to get an AGS-101 I'd just use that for GBC games. Or if you can get a gameboy player for gamecube, that's even better.
>>
>>3585058

At that price you might as well spend the extra 5$ and get a full AGS-101.
>>
>>3585063
1. An AGS-101 is easily $120 for even a decent-condition one
2. I prefer the form factor of the OG GBA
>>
Find one of those people who puts together gbas custom. My partner did this for me last year for christmas and it's been great. You even get to pick the colors of all the stuff.
>>
>>3585080
Was there a site you did it on, or was it local? If the former, how much was it?
>>
>>3585078

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ags-101&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

uhh..... sure.... but with all the talk of new cases, might as well just buy one that's working but a bit handled and just put it in a fresh case. hell i bet you at least half the ones on ebay that are going for 120+ have just had guts pulled and and thrown into a new case. Also I thought i also preferred the AGB-001's feel to the AGS, but just ended up selling the one i modded. I've been hunting for a GBC to do the front light mod to though, mainly just as a project, but I'll be seeing if i like it enough to keep it.
>>
>>3585083
I wish I could be more helpful but I can't remember/ don't know all of the specifics.

I know that it was someone she found online through some googling. I know that our christmas budget for each other was between 100-200 dollars and that she had enough to get me some games to go with it and a carrying case and a ds game. If that doesn't work I know that trade centers used to be a great place to find people willing to mod consoles for good prices (willing to haggle), although I don't know if that is still the case these days.
>>
>>3585083
not that guy, but theres a seller on ebay who does it for like $140 for AGS101 and $170 for AGB with AGS101 screen. It's expensive to go that route, it's good stuff besides price, and I'm sure you can find his listings with a search.
>>
>>3585053
The GB Boy is a hit and miss situation. I bought two for me and my son, but mine had an issue with the sound. I bought another one and this seems to work fine.

Games look really beautiful on it and they run at proper speed. The only thing I don't like is the dpad, it's ugly and a bit clicky, but I heard you can swap it for a GB dpad.
>>
>>3585053
>>3586390
And yes they're the Colour version.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.