[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask someone who just built a crude lamp stand and played VB for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: lampotronshit.jpg (168KB, 868x737px) Image search: [Google]
lampotronshit.jpg
168KB, 868x737px
Ask someone who just built a crude lamp stand and played VB for 2 hours without shoulder aches anything
>>
What's it like to have eyes that don't work anymore? :v)
>>
>>3584952
You'll have to speak up. I can't quite see you.
>>
>>3584952
Eye strain is pretty minimal. Once I was able to adjust the IFD and the lenses for focus, I was doing pretty well. However, my eyes were really overly sensitive to light for longer than expected.

>>3584961
good meme
>>
Why not just making a strap or something so you can hang the virtual boy in your face and not in a separate piece of metal?

Or is it too heavy for that?
>>
nifty! this kind of makes me wanna get a virtual boy
>>
The 3DS is begging to have Virtual Boy titles added to the virtual console and Nintendo does nothing. The fools!
>>
>>3584990
I considered this. The schematics for the head unit were... Uh. A lot more complicated than this.

>>3585013
There's a better method, I think. I just slapped this together because I wanted to play Warioland so badly and I was tired of my back killing me after 5 minutes.

>>3585016
I mean, I think aside from Wario Land there's only like, one other title worth recreating or porting. Plus the gameplay is more dynamic than just plain 3D. It's hard to explain how it looks and plays, even emulators don't do it justice.
>>
>>3585036
It's true what you say about the 3D effect. There actually are a number of cool games on VB (it somehow ended up with a high number of good games plus good unreleased/prototype/homebrew titles). The bigger problem is the controls, no controller properly matches (or compares in comfort to) a VB pad.

Can you describe how you did it OP? This is the kind of thing that would get me playing my VB again (well, that and fixing the right eye).
>>
>>3584951
you play any of that red alarm?
>>
>>3585042

The 3D in the VB is not really normal 3D. It's hard to describe unless you play it. The boxes and crates and tubes in areas actually pop out, while water is... Unique, as well.

The VB Pad is like, perfect. It fits perfectly in your hand and it never gets uncomfortable.

My method was super ghetto.
I'll just send you the new method I'm about to do
It's all in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwlyWV1viRA

But you'll need one additional part on Ebay,
this mount:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-tripod-stand-mount-for-Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-NEW-/291916884591

So basically I'm just going to attach it to a camera tripod mount on the end of a swing arm lamp when I get it in.

>>3585050
Not yet. Been too busy playing Wario Land again.
>>
>>3585064
Aw sweet, I'm glad someone took the initiative to make stand-ins and save perfectly good VB stands from being chopped into tripod mounts (which is what I've seen for customs in the past). Definitely picking one up along with a used stand somewhere, thanks for the intel OP.

VB fans here, post your mario clash scores. That game is red and black crack.
>>
>>3585064
wow
>>
>>3585064
>nearest ikea is several hours away
>you can't order online

what a pain
>>
>>3584951
actually new question, who are those people in the photo on your desk, under your monitor?
>>
>>3588273
Ebay.

>>3588275
>that question

Me and Christopher Loyd.
>>
>>3588447
I'd almost believe that, the old guy does look like Christopher Lloyd.
>>
>>3588275
Armin Shimerman and Powder.
>>
>>3584951
Why?
>>
1. Play in the dark; no more eyestrain issues

2. An alternative is to play lying down, using the original VB stand and bracing it against your chest. Femanons may have balance issues due to tits; must investigate further
>>
>>3585050
The only game on VB that I wanted but never was able to get. Who wouldn't want to to play a 3d Star Fox?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.