[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been thinking about picking up a PSX. What games do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: ps1.png (284KB, 580x423px) Image search: [Google]
ps1.png
284KB, 580x423px
Been thinking about picking up a PSX. What games do you recommend picking up?
>>
File: pui.jpg (479KB, 1280x1078px) Image search: [Google]
pui.jpg
479KB, 1280x1078px
>>3584927
Doom, King's Field, Metal Gear Solid, Croc, Twisted Metal 1 and 2, Parasite Eve, Resident Evil 2.....the list goes on......and on
>>
why?
just get a PS2
>>
>>3584935
I been hearing good things about Parasite Eve
>>
>>3584940
Correct. You can hook it up to component (Red,blue,green) input on your hdtv. Best way to experience ps1.

You could also get a PS3 - but hdmi makes ps1 games look pretty ass.

Also, check this thread: It has probably 150 games listed on peoples top 10 lists. The ps1 had a MASSIVE library and a huge amount of 9/10 and 10/10 games.
>>3566190
>>
>>3584949
One of the better movie/book to game sequels ever created. Looked so good early 3D of it's time that you'd be surprised as fuck to find out that the entire game was just a tech-demo.
>>
>>3584927

Of the lesser known gems, I would definitely suggest Tenchu: Stealth Assassins, and if you're ok with a 360 degree fly anywhere space shooter, Colony Wars: Vengeance.
>>
>>3584927
> PSX

We called it the PlayStation back then.
>>
File: psx.png (179KB, 382x364px) Image search: [Google]
psx.png
179KB, 382x364px
>>3584972
PSX was its abbreviation, like how GCN was Gamecube and SNES was the Super Nintendo.
>>
Silent Bomber
Dragon Valor
Omega Boost
Armored Core: Master of Arena
Tobal
Panzer Bandit
SaGa Frontier
Thrasher: Skate and Destroy
Future Cop LAPD (especially if you have someone for 2 player)
>>
Although, I gotta recommend considering a psp instead.
>>
>>3584972
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I go time traveling.
>>
>>3584927
Don't get Final Fantasy VII.
>>
Just get a PS2 or emulate.
>>
>>3584950
It's the PS3 upscaling that makes the ps1 games look ass and unless you're getting a very particular PS3 you won't be able to play ps2 games.

Ps2 = optimal way to enjoy ps1&2 games
>>
File: 5_burger_tickets_on_PSN.jpg (657KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
5_burger_tickets_on_PSN.jpg
657KB, 2592x1944px
>>3584927
I recommend picking up good games especially if they are cheap.

Also good news, you can opt to go with a PS2, since they play PS(1) games, plus the systems are pretty cheap and abundant (and there are lots of great PS2 titles as well).
>>
>>3584927
Final Fantasy X
>>
>>3584972
22 minutes before it got brought up. A new /vr/ record.
>>
>>3584927
tempest 3000, vib ribbon, persona 2, flatout, driver
>>
>>3584972
>>
>>3585610
I'm as shocked as you are.
>>
>>3584927

I'd recommend getting a PS2 and a PSX. I recently picked up a PS2 so I can do the same thing. I'm building up a PSX/PS2 game library simply becase they are super cheap, easy to find, and there are plenty of games to collect.

My PS2, being the older fat version won't play PSX games anymore. I've placed two discs in the drive at the same time, and it works, but I'd rather not do that every time and potentially damage the system and my games. I'm looking or a cheap PSX just for dedicated PSX games. Plus, I like collecting, so there's that as well.
>>
>>3585894
>My PS2, being the older fat version won't play PSX games anymore.
I have the opposite problem. Mine will play ps1 games but not ps2. I put a harddrive in mine so it's not totally worthless, but it's annoying to install games.

Are ps2 slims reliable?
>>
>>3585903
I'm looking at a hard drive, but it's less about modding and playing EVERYTHING than it is about collecting and getting physical media. I still collect VHS just for the fuck of it.

I've heard that later slim models emulate much like the PS3 does, but that could be total bullshit. I wanted a fat model regardless so I didnt look too much into it. Love that sliding disc tray!
>>
>>3584927

Monster Rancher 2 ate up countless hours for me and many friends, and still gets binges out of me now and then
>>
>>3584927
All of them.
>>
>>3585903
I've been using a PS2 slim to play all my burned PS1 and PS2 games for like 9 years now and it still works fine, I can't even tell a difference between the slim and my original PS1 side by side.
>>
Quick question. I have those blue Monster component cables for my PS2, which is put away somewhere. Will they work on my original Playstation?
>>
>>3587163
Component cables are not compatible with the PS1.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.