[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did rareware "steal" the fanfare for the opening logo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: dkcffn.png (245KB, 851x433px) Image search: [Google]
dkcffn.png
245KB, 851x433px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjaSZmrGcSc
>>
>>3583482
"Steal". Rareware had a boner for stock sound libraries. The Perfect Dark logo sound is the same one used in the Castlevania 64 main menu, for example. They use the most generic female scream in videogames for Cassanda's death in Perfect Dark. Diddy Kong Racing used that generic "children laughing" clip.
>>
>>3583503
ok you're right, "steal" isn't the right word, just thought I'd point it out. I hadn't noticed the thing about the perfect dark logo sound, interesting..
>>
It's a Rareware thing that's in basically all their games, the composers like to throw in all kinds of references - this one was almost certainly intentional. There's one track in Conker that samples like three Tekken 3 tracks just for the hell of it.
>>
>>3583503
This. I've heard the fireball sound effect from Star Fox Adventures in tons of other games and anime.
>>
>>3583503
Nintendo used a lot of sounds from stock libraries as well. Ocarina of Time for instance is chock-full of them. Pretty much everyone used stock libraries back then and still do.
>>
>>3583503
>generic "children laughing" clip.
I know the one you mean. It's on loads of adverts. There's also the creaking gate, toilet flush (Day Of The Tentacle), choo-choo train (at the start of Trainspotting, amongst others) and some guy going "OOARRRR!".

Going back to /vr/ stuff, that reverb-soaked woodblock percussion sound is familiar.
>>
File: 1474768023970.gif (720KB, 360x420px) Image search: [Google]
1474768023970.gif
720KB, 360x420px
Nintendo has always hired frauds to make their games.

SEGA would never have let this fly.
>>
>2 dislikes

How sour are you guys that you would go dislike the video? And I know it's /vr/ because no one else watches my vids. I guess I'll think twice before posting next time
>>
>>3584729
I wanted to insult you but then i remember Sonic 3's soundtrack was composed by MJ in person so next time, scumbag...
>>
>>3584995

Keep posting your videos if there is interesting shit like this one.

Who gives a shit about dislikes.
>>
File: 1323222240001[1].jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1323222240001[1].jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>3585021
thanks anon. I don't really care about the dislikes, it's just hard not to get discouraged by the negativity of this place at times, but I appreciate everyone else in the thread sharing other things Rare has sampled and/or referenced
>>
File: monster-in-my-pocket-03.png (16KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
monster-in-my-pocket-03.png
16KB, 512x480px
>>3584995

Keep posting vids anon, someone out there will find it interesting, I did.

(just steer clear of loaded words like "steal") It makes it sound like you're being inflammatory just to get a reaction
>>
>>3585000

Ice Cap Zone
https://youtu.be/H2OWC5Hosv8
>>
>>3585141

The guy who made the original re-purposed it himself for Sonic 3.
>>
>>3583482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGfPjj4jDOY

Galaxy Angel's title screen uses the same fanfare as the HOMM3 victory theme
>>
>>3584729
>SEGA would never have let this fly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYUuCN3A0K0
>>
Anyone else surprised they heard the shout from Hell March in Boardwalk Empire?
>>
A lot of the sound effects in Doom pretty much came from a stock library.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.