[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for a game to be too retro for /vr/? Rogue? Nethack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: Nethack.png (5KB, 660x386px) Image search: [Google]
Nethack.png
5KB, 660x386px
Is it possible for a game to be too retro for /vr/? Rogue? Nethack? Mazewar? Empire? What about Spacewar?
>>
I mean, I have no desire to play Tennis For Two, frankly.
>>
yeah how come we never see any Pong threads, but endless bitching over PS1/N64/Dreamcast being considered retro?
>>
>>3582981
I love Pong, but it's kind of hard to have a meaningful conversation about.
>>
>>3582982
Not that N64/PS1/DC discussion is particularly meaningful
>>
How is Nethack too retro? It's still being updated.
>>
>>3582984
That's a really good point. People need to stop complaining and talk about pong.
>>
>>3582980
You wouldn't want to experience the silky smoothness of an oscilloscope game?

Faggot.
>>
>>3582984
but somehow NES/Master System/SNES/Genesis is meaningful?

the Im older than you kiddo cool police of /vr/ only care about 3rd and 4th generation consoles and absolutely nothing before or after
>>
>>3582969
No. The rules are pretty clear on it

>>3582981
Because "we" is you. An you probably only click on waifu pics in the catalog

>>3582982
>beep
>boop
>repeat
About as meaningful as it gets unless you're talking hardware.
>>
>>3582993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMli33ornEU

silky smooth
>>
>>3582969
Pretty much anything before the NES is too old for /vr/
>>
>>3582980
I'd rather play Tennis for Two than any game on the Atari 2600 desu
>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjOvL_QsTzA

http://www.cyber1.org/

PLATO was powerful
>>
>>3582969
I have never seen /vr/ talk about infocom games.
>>
>>3582969
According to the board's rules—no, it's not possible

The rest really doesn't matter
>>
>>3583229
Crescent hawk intercept was an awesome game.
>>
>>3583229
I've seen several text adventure/interactive fiction threads. I usually make a couple of obligatory post and then resign myself to the fact that there are probably like 1000 people in the whole world that still play them. Even at the int-fiction forums there are barely any posts.
>>
>>3582969
Since Rogue is the best thing ever......No.
>>
>>3583531

>Crescent hawk intercept
my african-american sibling
>>
Can we just talk about nethack pls?

I just ascended for the first time a week ago. Human Valkyre, yeah I know, pretty much is easy mode but still, been trying to do a second successful run and keep YASDing like a bitch.

What about you guys, favorite class to play? how was your first ascension?
>>
>>3582969
>If game came out before 1999 then post on /vr/
>If game came out after 1999 then post on /v/

Is this concept to hard to understand for you? Even if the game came out 1879, it would be still posted on /vr/.
>>
Anything before the NES gets minimum discussion on /vr/. We rarely get threads dedicated to Pong systems, Pong in general, Donkey Kong, the Atari 2600, Breakout, Frogger, etc.

>>3583564

I have never been able to get a text thread going on. I love games like Alter Ego but no one else seems to.
>>
>>3582969
Legend of the Red Dragon.
Legend of the Red Dragon.... 2!
Usurper.
>>
I wanna remake nethack in this:
https://github.com/asciimoo/drawille
>>
There are still Atari 2600 threads so no.
>>
>>3584451
Let's be honest. Nobody outside of /vr/ people plays the games OP is talking about
>>
>>3585728
..... and so?
Are you THAT insecure?
>>
>>3582969
Nintendo card games. But that's /tg/
>>
>>3582969
I wouldn't think Nethack would be too retro, since /vg/ has a /rlg/ where people are playing it quite often.
>>
>>3585728
>what is /rlg/
>>
>>3585970
Wait, no. I miss understood the OP question. OP is the retarded one
>>
>>3585728
I'm kind of dismayed that a game with a fairly active subreddit is considered too hardcore and obscure for the internet hate machine

Do you guys play any games or just make perler bead magnets?
>>
>>3586057
a shithole full of tavernposters, pedophiles and drunk slavs
t. /rlg/ regular
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.