[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out guys, where can I find the original versions of Baldur's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Baldur's_Gate_box.png (385KB, 407x494px) Image search: [Google]
Baldur's_Gate_box.png
385KB, 407x494px
Help me out guys, where can I find the original versions of Baldur's Gate? I see everywhere just the EE versions.

Also do the originals save your data to a new folder in the documents folder? I tried to find ways to change but couldn't find any.
>>
File: minsc and boo 2 koo 4 skoo.gif (51KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
minsc and boo 2 koo 4 skoo.gif
51KB, 210x330px
#!MwlQjKCA!_U403RfiDtoK1hneDOxqdB2hNhtbhOklajq0-1D4Jbo

>Also do the originals save your data to a new folder in the documents folder? I tried to find ways to change but couldn't find any.
They save to the game's directory for me, in a folder named "Saves".
>>
Where did the originals go anyway?
Is Beamdog so aware that their "enhanced edition" is complete shit that they're actively removing them or something?
>>
>>3581943
OK, I got it. What are some mods I should get?
>>
>>3581974
The EE versions are the officially versions since they updated it and added more characters, I guess.
>>
>>3581983
Check out Gibberlings 3, Sorcerer's Place, and Spellhold Studios for mods.
>>
>>3581649
Amazon for 10 bucks retail
>>
>>3581974

the gog version has the originals as an added bonus to EE

don't give money to Beamdog though, just pirate the shit out of those games
>>
>>3581983
First playthrough? Then nothing, just play it as is.
>>
>>3582006
Any mods I should get in particular? I could really use something that lets me move the camera with keys, and something that makes it widescreen as well as smoother graphics.
>>
>>3582047
Baldur's Gate Trilogy, merges BG1, 2, and Throne of Bhaal into one game in the BG2 engine, and allows a custom screen resolution.
>>
>>3582047
You can reassing keys in config.exe but not to move camera I'm afraid.
Here's the widescreen mod which can be used for BG1 tho:
http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/
>>
>>3582047
double-clicking when moving also repositions the camera btw
>>
>>3581649
gog.com
>>
>>3582185
Gog has EE versions as well, and they took down the originals which they used to have alongside the EE versions. When you come to Los Angeles you can suck my cock.
>>
What are some JRPGs that are similar to BG in terms of themes and aesthetics ? I only ever played those.
>>
>>3582063
BGT a shit
play vanilla BG1 OP
>>
The EE is objectively amazing.
>>
>>3583637
I don't doubt it, but why would they add BG2 features like class kits and whatnot when the original didn't have it?
Vanilla BG was good enough for me.
I can't wait to eventually play BG2 though.
>>
>>3583637
>The EE is objectively amazing.
What's objectively amazing about it?
>>
>>3583641
Because it adds variety and re-playability.
>>
>>3581974
I don't know much about this, but I do know that it was Hasbro's fault as to why the GOG thing happened.

Your pick of who to blame I guess.
>>
>>3583641
Because TuTu is one of the most widely done things to it once it's installed.

It's personal preference, but most people who know there's mods just stick it in there first.
>>
Are the stories in the Baldur's Gate games actually good or are they just excuse plots for the gameplay mechanics? Do they mostly rely a lot on the Forgotten Realms lore or do they stand on their own? I never liked Forgotten Realms too much.
>>
Does GemRB improve the experience?
(other than that fact that it can run natively in linux)
>>
>>3584151
The stories are pretty decent and straightforward. Don't expect multigenerational cross-planar epics though.
>>
>>3584151
Good enough. Irenicus is a smug asshole, and finally shanking him is massively satisfying.
>>
>>3584151

I don't think they're great. They're serviceable. Main plot is essentially a revenge tale with a mystery surrounding the player character's origin. Bog standard fantasy schlock.

>excuse for gameplay mechanics

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here.

>FR lore

Eh, sorta, sorta not. They use some of the places, NPCs, and organizations. But you'll get most of what you need to know from the quests themselves. You don't need prior knowledge of the setting.

I don't care for the Forgotten Realms either.
>>
File: 0kgerhfss6r5.jpg (50KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
0kgerhfss6r5.jpg
50KB, 210x330px
post your portraits, I have none and the stock ones are disgusting. Give me a faceless hooded one just like in my hentai.
this one is the best I could find and it's still too OC donutsteel
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 210x330px
>>
File: 1z65zi8.jpg (19KB, 169x266px) Image search: [Google]
1z65zi8.jpg
19KB, 169x266px
I use this base portrait edit for Paladins.
>>
>>3585457
>tfw I lost my huge folder of celebrity photoshops

I liked using the Jim Carrey one.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.