[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I've got a Nintendo 64 that when I turn it on,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20150704_002454.jpg (587KB, 1542x1542px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150704_002454.jpg
587KB, 1542x1542px
Hey guys, I've got a Nintendo 64 that when I turn it on, I get no picture on the TV, instead it just makes a quiet, high pitch noise. Found another old 64 in the basement and when I plug it into the same cables I get a green screen. Tips?
>>
>>3580410
you got ripped buddy
>>
>>3580463
They're both mine, and both worked up until one day they stopped working
>>
>>3580491
ya done goofed kiddo
>>
>>3580491
Sell them on eBay at a 0.99 starting price with RARE WOW and L@@K to dumb hipsters who will probably raise the price to hundreds then once you have the money transfer it immediately so they can't charge back.
Make sure you do it on a throwaway.
>>
>>3580410
Clean the contacts (games and system).
Reseat the RAM cart.
Try a different A/V cable.
Try a different TV.
>>
>>3580410
Clean the contacts on the cart and system. Use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.
>>
>>3580534
And people try to say that resellers aren't scum.
>>
>>3580894
Don't use "rubbing alcohol" there's too much water in it. Use 91% or 99% isopropyl alcohol.
>>
>>3580917
was only mocking them
but they still probably do that
>>
>>3580920
Meh. Anything above 70% will be fine.
>>
Throw them in the trash and get a PSX
>>
>>3581062
No. You're an idiot.
>>
>>3581080
In practice, he's right. You're using it to clean the contacts, you're not going to do any real damage.

What you're cleaning does not require 91 or 99.
Also, you're an idiot because even 91 and 99 isopropyl are still called Rubbing Alcohol.

Means you just replied to him with "No. You're an idiot" though I'm sure you just learned about Rubbing Alcohol from some Youtube idiot or NintendoAge and are spouting what you've heard.

I've worked in the EE field for 20+ years. Go for it tell me all about how corrosive and horrible the water will be for the contacts being on it for a whopping 20 seconds.
>>
>>3581103
Rubbing alcohol IS isopropyl alcohol, you stupid git. You know what that percentage actually means? It's the amount of isoprpyl alcohol content in the mixture. Any percentage less than your magical 91% doesn't stop the alcohol from being isopropyl.
>>
>>3581103
>>3581183
Inferiority complex detected.
>>
>>3581221
>hurr durr why can't I use my retarded American lingo on a multinational board
>>
>>3581226
>Unnecessary anger from an inferiority complex is considered lingo now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.