[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have a list of all the consoles with good flashcarts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1476850943765.jpg (365KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1476850943765.jpg
365KB, 2048x1536px
Does anyone have a list of all the consoles with good flashcarts and good pirating methods? I'm a poorfag and I've only been playing PS2 games for a long time because I don't like emulation yet the PS2 is very easy to pirate games on. If I had 50 grand to blow on retro systems and games I would, but I don't and I just want to play games without having to resort to emulation.
>>
>>3579189
A Wii is super cheap and pretty easy to hack.
It can emulate up to N64 (PSX isn't good though but you have a PS2).
You can also of course play Wii and Gamecube games for free.
>>
>>3579212
wii can not emulate n64 at all too many glitches. You need an everdrive64 if you dont want glitches.
>>
>>3579230
The Wii emulates N64 very well (at least VC does) without gliches.

An Everdrive/Flashcart just contains ROMs. If you play it on original hardware, then the games are running natively. If you play it on an emulation box, then it's being emulated.
>>
>>3579237
Where do you get vc downloads?? I've checked all my main room sites to no avail.
>>
>>3579243
tpb has a complete torrent of the ntsc games. there is some stuff that's jp only and those are tougher to find, and you can't even buy them easily either.
>>
>>3579243
you have to inject the roms into wads.
>>
>>3579243
They're .wad files. Just google VC Wii .wads

Be careful because it is possible to hardbrick your Wii if you fuck up the installation or use PAL .wads (assuming you're NTSC)
>>
>>3579252
Ah fascinating.

I have complete sets of everything up to 5th generation on my Wii but I have a hankering to play the N64, NEO GEO and arcade stuff. I will have to attempt some sort of brick protection before doing this as I haven't messed with wads before. The Wii is a really rewarding soft mod, thanks for the info.

Unrelated, but does anyone know a good capture card for the Wii through either component or S- video? Really hard to find this info online for me since every search brings up cards for the Wii U. Either 240p or 480p is fine, I'd like to know my options. I have heard good things about the Micomsoft ones from shmup players
>>
>>3579263
depends how much you want to spend. gvusb2 has exceptional price/performance but is composite+svideo only. works great with 240p and 480i, obviously no 480p.

For component, avermedia C027, costs about twice as much and also does composite, svid, and hdmi. it's internal so you need a free PCIe port and can't use laptops like gvusb2.
>>
>>3579189
There's a pretty good list here:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/127752-flashcart-and-multicart-list-all-systems/

>>3579212
>"oh look. a console thread. let me shit it up."
>--some emubaby 2016
>>
>>3579189
I N V I S I B L E K E Y B O A R D
>>
>>3579471
dryer sheets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o3jrI3ISrM
>>
>>3579473
Wow. Uli is a treasure.
>>
>>3579263
You should really just get an N64 flash cart they work perfectly and are the third cheapest. Even though I'm not an N64 fan by a long shot that particular flash cart could be argued to be the best value considering how well the cheaper ones' games emulate.
>>
>>3579243
http://www.wiiuiso.com/

>>3579396
I got kids to feed and this retroarch promo money doesn't earn itself.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.