[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good retro games to play while listening podcast (preferibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: megaten1-5.png (4KB, 256x232px) Image search: [Google]
megaten1-5.png
4KB, 256x232px
What are good retro games to play while listening podcast (preferibly for SNES)? RPG's with little story, lots of grinding and some exploration. I found Megami Tensei I pretty good (only bad thing is the OST being too good), they have to be pretty basic but still interesting games.
>>
>>3578362
The NES version aged terribly imo.

Play KMT.
>>
>>3578619
Already played it, don't know why i posted a screenshot of the NES version.
>>
>>3578626
well it does have a cooler opening
>>
>>3578619
You aged terribly.
>>
I just need games with little presentation and story.
Just one minute and i want to be inside a dungeon killing shit and opening chests. MT1 was perfect for that but MT2 has too much story.
>>
>>3578853
dungeon master
>>
File: WV.jpg (87KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
WV.jpg
87KB, 640x446px
>>3578362
>>3578853
Wizardry V.
>>
File: macroing some blacksmith.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
macroing some blacksmith.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>3578362
totally going sideways but why dont you try some PvE (player vs event/monster) in some ultima online freeshard?

you could be a locksmith, stealthing about dungeons opening chests and stealing from bards.

or fuck you could even try some mindless mining

in fact if you're thinking of playing UO sometime soon, if i were you i would macro-mine in UO while playing the basic SNES RPG from the thread.

that way you would have a foothold when you decide to actually play UO
>>
>>3578871
I remember playing the sequel in late 90's. Isn't the SNES port pretty shitty?

>>3578874
I tried the first one but it requires to do your own maps and for some reason that requires too much focus for my stupid brain. It's basically the same game as Megami Tensei and the SNES ports are actually pretty good, but i miss the auto-map too much. Maybe i should try it again.

>>3579241
I actually did that in Neverwinter Nights. I spent hundreds of hours listening podcast, collecting plants and selling them and i ended being ridiculously rich. Sadly i never used that money for anything. I always wanted to play UO too but now it probably wouldn't be the same.

Thanks all for the advice.
>>
>>3578362
Clonk Rage
>>
>>3579552
I remember looking for that game years ago, didn't play it for some reason. It really looks like a retro Terraria.
>>
>>3578619
Nes had better music
>>
Chrono Trigger
>>
>>3579612
But Chrono Trigger has tons of story, cinematics and stuff. Also it doesn't even require too much grinding.
>>
>>3579634
it's shit though
>>
>>3579881
I don't need the greatest game ever though, just the kind of game i can play while listening podcast.
>>
>>3579981
1942, if you are man enough.
>>
>>3579998
I like shmups but they require a lot of attention.
>>
>>3578362
Play Megami Tensei II, it's spectacular but still quite grindy (in a good way).
>>
>>3580246
I was playing it but there was too much dialogue or just things to remember.
>>
>>3580258
Fair, it does have a lot to remember now that I think about it. I played it with a guide, but I guess it's not really podcast material. The original MOTHER might be good, the starmen.net guide is very, very simple could be usable if you get stuck. Not a ton of reading and a whole lot of grinding, enormous world-map etc.
>>
>>3580149
i had a war nerd podcast on while practicing, english is not my native language and the stop was pretty heavy, but i wouldn't say it made it much harder, all you do is shoot and sometimes bomb, or in this case, loop.
>>
>>3580302
>stop
i don't know how i typed this word instead of topic. i'll go to sleep.
>>
>>3578619
yeah that's one thing i'll agree with

it's debatable for MT1 but it's definitely true for MT2
>>
>>3580263
What about Mother 2? I just have a SNES.
>>
>>3580457
oops, reply was meant for >>3579601
>>
>>3580473
MOTHER 2 is also an excellent choice, same deal with the starmen guide, though you're less likely to need it for M2. Just grind away and enjoy the visuals. The music is rad, but you can definitely zone out to other auditory sources and not have a bad time.
>>
>>3578362
Sounds like you want Ys.
>>
>>3580530
Which one?
>>
>>3580538
Any one except 3 (unless you go with the remake).
>>
>>3579530
>UO too but now it probably wouldn't be the same.
that's why i said freeshard, things are still nice on old-style freshards

UOLL UOF UORen UOSA
these are the good old style ones these past couple years.
(i think you can find them at joinuo.com)

also i meant Macro 'ing some resource, so you're stil playing the SNES games, just with a screen beside you auto-playing some UO to get rich

you can get some pretty automated UOSteam or EasyUO mining macros

its just "illegal" to collect resources while away from keyboard (that is to say, easyuo is illegal, and dont automate too much with UOSteam), but that only meants that when a staff appears before your macroing character you cant take more than a minute* to respond,

* since automating the exaustion of the ground you're stepping on (and the 8 tiles ofc) is allowed, but in EasyUO you can even have the macro pause after hiting the ground if there's someone with you, so you can say you went for a piss and the macro just digged the ground and that is not AFK macro.
>>
>>3580548
Gonna try this.

>>3580606
>also i meant Macro 'ing some resource, so you're stil playing the SNES games, just with a screen beside you auto-playing some UO to get rich

But what would be the point then... ?

Anyone knows Uncharted Waters? It would be playable while listening podcast? I'm thinking about SNES strategy games too since they don't have too much story but i don't know if they require too much attention.
>>
File: 1465915154266.gif (207KB, 149x164px) Image search: [Google]
1465915154266.gif
207KB, 149x164px
Personally I play strictly action games with no dialogue, just action. Platformers, shooters, shmups, fighters, racing games, other arcade titles, etc. I know you asked for SNES games but I find that SEGA stuff is way more appropriate for this *in general*.

I'm not a brain surgeon so I don't know what part of the brain it uses, but I seem to be able to listen to podcasts and play games simultaneously without losing focus on either of the tasks. But as soon as dialogue comes into the game or some heavy strategizing I completely lose focus on the podcast. So at least for me RPGs are completely out of question.
>>
>>3581647
>Personally I play strictly action games with no dialogue

I'm pretty bad at them and i usually need my full attention to do something decent.
>>
>>3578362
>little story, lots of grinding
Dragon quest
Dragon quest
Dragon quest
>>
>>3583445
I tried Dragon Quest I and i got lost because i wasn't paying enough attention. It made me feel retarded considering how simple the game is.
I started DQ II but the intro was too long and i lost interest quickly.
>>
File: Dymlos.jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dymlos.jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
>>3578362
The Tales games.
>>
>>3583993
It's a cool game with nice combat but maybe it has too much story.
Tonight i'm gonna try FFVI, it doesn't fit at all what i was looking for but i have ended it already so it's not like i'm gonna miss the story. It also has tons of grinding.

A really cool game that could fit could be Metal Max (tons of exploration, little story), but i ended it too some months ago and sadly the sequel doesn't have a translation yet.
>>
not vr, but astonishia story on psp has little story and plenty of grind. it's a remake of some old korean rpg, not sure if the original has been translated, probably not.
grinding also helps a lot in ethrian odyssey, wizardry and other games that inspired it had even more mandatory grind.
>>
>>3584743
That's actually the kind of games i need, but for non-portable systems.

Playing FFV right now, story doesn't seem to be too important and class system is cool.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.