[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quite possibly the best retro FPS I've played in all my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: images (62).jpg (42KB, 355x414px) Image search: [Google]
images (62).jpg
42KB, 355x414px
Quite possibly the best retro FPS I've played in all my miserable life.
I need more games like this on ps1,N64 or Dreamcast, I would ask Saturn either but it just died on me last week. Also Turok thread
>>
>>3577909
Doesnt even need to be retro. Turok 2 had customizable ammo, weapon classes and a much better hit damage system than shooters of period like quake 2. For some reason i prefer the firsts very dreamlike atmosphere. Too many speaking characters break the fourth wall for me; like in unreal 2.
>>
>>3577917
>Too many speaking characters break the fourth wall for me

wtf
>>
>>3577909
You ever listened to the Gameboy's soundtrack, it's the best thing ever.

https://youtu.be/KZxnhzXISe4?list=PL9FDAF9D04CFA977A
>>
>>3577917
You menat the pacing not the 4th wall. Breaking the 4th wall is referring/adressing to the audience (player in this case). Turok 2 doesen't do that.
>>
>>3577917
>a much better hit damage system than shooters of period
What? It was dice-rolling garbage.
>>
Turok 2 is the tits but fucking hard af
>>
Reminder that the level editor for Dinosaur Hunter is stuck in legal hell
Reminder that the same might happen to the T2 remaster
Reminder that online multi-player for the T2 remaster isn't something you should expect but at the same time it isn't impossible for them to include it

OBLIGATORY ON EVERY TUROK THREAD

https://mega.nz/#F!ihxF3AIZ!TaiMwP6bAmriwDagPBFMAw

The old PC ports of Turok 1, 2 and motherfucking evolution.
>>
>>3577909
Completed River of Souls levels
Then get Lost on Lair of the Blind Ones, man I dont even use the map, I demand my self to go back and forth till I memorise the entire level
Sweet Jesus I don't know what kind of mambo jambo Iguana did back at the day in order to squeeze the entire game in a 32mb cart with more than 84min of noon looped music, not even the PC CD version has this amount of music time.
>>
What's the best order to complete the levels? I usually go with 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5

2 is so long and you get basically no new weaponry that you didn't have in level 1, so I prefer to stock up in 3 (shredder!) and come back
>>
probably the hardest fps ever made
>>
>>3580336

i just started playing it on hard yesterday, its a lot of fun but some enemies in particular are pretty brutal. the purlinn chaingun guys eat away your health so fucking fast
>>
>>3579139
Has there been any news on the remaster at all lately? The Turok 1 remaster was amazing.
>>
>>3580426

https://www.vg247.com/2016/10/12/dont-worry-the-turok-2-remaster-is-still-happening-even-if-night-dive-cant-yet-tell-us-when/
>>
File: T2_ENEMY_DINOSOIDS.jpg (841KB, 1034x1207px) Image search: [Google]
T2_ENEMY_DINOSOIDS.jpg
841KB, 1034x1207px
>>3580426
Oh it's coming alright.

Soon™.
>>
>>3580931
The endtrails freaked me the fuck out as a kid. The cutsence showing them killing the troops was scary as hell.
>>
>>3581737

the level intro cutscenes were all cool and intimidating as fuck. the blind ones were the scariest for me. the thought of them coming up to the surface at night and hunting humans is freaky. and the giant spiders of course.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.