[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can press the History Eraser Button to completely wipe one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: Historyeraserbutton_jpg~c200.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Historyeraserbutton_jpg~c200.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
You can press the History Eraser Button to completely wipe one game of your choice from existence. Which is it?
TWIST: If the game is part of a series, then its sequel takes its place and retains the exact same amount of fame & popularity as its erased predecessor. (so FF8 becomes the new FF7, for example)
>>
Earthbound. Doesn't even take a second thought. Mother 3 can be successful I guess at least it may have spared us the levels the retro bubble has inflated to
>>
>>3577015
Wouldn't bubble inflation follow right along with fame & popularity? We'd just be looking at $150 Mother 3 carts then, right?
>>
Zero Mission. That game ruined Samus.
>>
Dragon Warrior!

either that or Final Fantasy IV.

Fuck, it's wrong that I have to choose, both should be gone!

Though I wonder how FFV would have been as popular, but I guess the most important thing is that it would have had to have a western translation.

Of course, it would be so much better if we went straight to Dragon Warrior 2, to hell with the original grindfest.
>>
>>3577058
Mystic Quest would also be great to get rid of. But would that have anything filling it's slot?
>>
>>3577010
Street Fighter II

Just imagine.
>>
>>3577010
You're all wrong.
The answer is Pong.
>>
>>3577158

>go to EVO
>hundreds of people signed up to play Karate Champ 2016
>>
Turok: Evolution.

I understand that means 2008 Turok would be getting the shit, but whatever it takes to rid ourselves of that abomination.
>>
Half-Life. Now we're talking.
>If it's about erasing game companies, I'd choose Valve. Imagine the PC world without Steam.
>>
>>3577218
Then EA and Origin would rule the roost. That's SO much worse!
>>
>>3577158
>SF3 is just as popular as SF2 was
Holy fucking shit

Alternatively, that'd mean that Alpha became the king of the series, which I wouldn't mind either
>>
>>3577224
Then again, Steam made way for the client race, so there's probably no Origin or UPlay.
>>
>>3577226
Actually, I'm pretty sure that would mean there would be a Street Fighter 1 Turbo, Super Street Fighter 1, and so on.

Darkstalkers, Xmen-Cota and Cyberbots would probably become the the groundbreaking fighting games.
>>
The Legend of Zelda. The First one.

Would all future Zeldas be side strollers?
>>
>>3577578
Except for Link to the Past which would be overhead and disliked by everyone except contrarians who wouldn't stop singing its praises.
>>
Half Life.

without a doubt.

it spawned so much elitism
>>
>>3577034
Psst, Anon, Zero Mission was the Metroid 1 remake, you're thinking of Other M
>>
mario kart 64

>WOOO NINTENDO ULTRA 64!!! 3D GRAPHICS!!!
>karts/drivers still use fucking sprites
>crash team racing and even diddy kong racing were better in every way, take off your nostalgia goggles

then super mario kart could take its rightful place as the best mario kart (it already is, but it would be even more so)

and then double dash would be an even bigger disappointment than it already was, sales would flop, killing the series and avoiding the horrible monstrosities to come
>>
touhou 1
>>
>>3577962
DKR wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for MK64. It was originally just going to be a Pro-Am game.

CTR wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for DKR. Naughty Dog made the game because they were addicted to DKR multiplayer in their office.
>>
>>3577962
> implying DD isnt the best of the series
>>
File: supermariokart.png (125KB, 364x307px) Image search: [Google]
supermariokart.png
125KB, 364x307px
>>3577972
gimmicky and the first game where the karts began to look like those little power wheels ride on vehicle toys for toddlers instead of an actual go-kart
>>
>>3577158

Who cares, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is all that matters in that series.
>>
>>3577158
Will that erase all the different versions of it, or just the SFII base game?
>>
>>3578009
OP here, I'm gonna stick firm to the premise that only one game gets wiped, meaning that it gets replaced by SFII Turbo. So... no changes except the first installment let's you play as Balrog, Vega, Sagat, and M. Bison - the way II should have been in the first place.
>>
>>3577904
No, I'm thinking of Zero Mission. Fuck that game for introducing the Zero Suit, which changed Samus into the fapbait character Nintendo keep pushing today, and for that attempt at sentimental backstory at the end without which we wouldn't have shit like Other M.
>>
>>3579206
To be fair, Fusion was the first delve into her backstory, but you're right on the nose with your other points.
>>
>>3578009
OP here, cases like SFII are to be considered a single tittle

>>3578027
go away anon, go ruin some other thread
>>
>>3578027
>>3579270
You're both wrong. The street fighter II series is one game ... plus a bunch of expansion packs!

Hence, without street fighter II, you get street figher 1 turbo, and super street fighter 1. BUT... those don't count as the replacement game, so the benefits of that go to Steet fighter alpha, or possibly Darkstalkers. Maybe they get divided up?
>>
Final Fantasy VII

No more bebes first rpg love, and ff8 just wasnt interesting enough to get a fanbase.

I'll miss Tifa's big tits though.
>>
>>3579884
>I can't read
The OP specifically says that it replaces the other game's fame.
>>
File: 1467759582407.jpg (179KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
1467759582407.jpg
179KB, 640x905px
I can't decide between Super Mario Bros or Legend of Zelda.

Would eliminating Mario 1 mean that the US gets The Lost Levels or Mario 2: Doki Doki Panic? Because if they get Doki Doki then Mario definitely does not become popular, the NES flames out, and the Nintendo Playstation becomes a real thing.

Either way though, considering how much /vr/ hates Zelda II, I think I have to go with Zelda I and wipe it out of existence.
>>
>>3580159
Way to read the OP. Regardless if the US got Lost Levels or Doki Doki, it would still be an explosive hit because FAME IS RETAINED. Also wiping out the first game of a franchise does not erase the whole franchise.
>>
>>3580164

Wow fuck me, I didn't see the last part. Either way though, both of these changes mean that Mario 3 and LTTP would look vastly different, since those game mechanics would be the norm for both of those franchises.
>>
>>3579206
Ok, but what does that have to do with gameplay
>>
i'd nuke the pokemon 1, which gave nintendo the reputation of being a wussy gay baby company for children so that nintendo could still be a REAL MANS video game in this modern day and age ok.
>>
>>3580241
so it becomes even more groundbreaking?
>>
>>3577010
Is Daikatana retro?
>>
>>3577964
But have you played touhou 1, it is just break out, and considering that most people know fuck all about the pc-98 games, it wouldn't even change anything. All that would do is two things. One, make it so that all the official games are only STGs of some variant or fighting games, and, it would also get rid of some pretty good pieces of FM synth
>>
smb1
i want a doki doki series
>>
>>3580789
Yes
>>
Final Fantasy VII.
88 is cheese.
>>3577058
WTF is Dragon Warrior you ponce?
>>
>>3581005
The name the series used in the United States because of a copyright dispute until VIII. Way to show you're underaged b&
>>
File: ignorant_babby_award.gif (63KB, 1000x1192px) Image search: [Google]
ignorant_babby_award.gif
63KB, 1000x1192px
>>3581005
>WTF is Dragon Warrior you ponce?
>>
File: Sonic_Adventure 2.jpg (209KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Adventure 2.jpg
209KB, 500x500px
Fanfiction Adventure 2.
>>
>>3581018
There's so many shitty sonic games it seems futile to delete just one.
>>
>>3581005
Dragon Warrior was our introduction to console RPGs, defining it as a hugeass pile of grind. Since that's so confusing, better not be so simple ... Dragon Warrior is either one 8-bit game, or a handful of 8-bit games. The first game was one that was bundled with something, and thus was likely to end up at hand.

In this context of course, it refers to the one game. Presumably, the deletion of it would not imply simply a lack of a translation, like has happened with some of its compatriots, but them I don't know if I even care or wouldn't prefer it to just be stuck in Japan.
>>
>>3579206
the backstory we got in zero mission was already established with the comics. the problem's that it's presented poorly in the game. that on its own is forgivable and it certainly didn't create other m's problems. the cardinal sin of zero mission is the invention of the zero suit. just that visual redesign ended up informing a lot of her characterization going forward. just let the game end after mother brain and everything is fine
controversial opinion: fusion did more damage to metroid than zero mission by introducing adam malkovich who is literally the antichrist to both metroid's gameplay and its storytelling.
nuke fusion, save the series. prime absorbs fusion's popularity. the next 2d metroid retains its isolation and exploration and doesn't fuck the canon sideways.
>>
>>3577010
I wouldn't want any game to be erased from history tbqh. I mean whether or not I like it is my opinion and if other people enjoy it, that's their opinion. If the fanbase is cancer, who cares, you aren't a part of it.
>>
File: THEBABY.jpg (151KB, 753x370px) Image search: [Google]
THEBABY.jpg
151KB, 753x370px
>>3579215
>>3581645
Tbh, I really didn't have any problem with the story of Fusion and its oft-maligned railroad-like approach to the game progression. The railroading aspect is really only a construct of the storytelling and is no more obstructionist than the games before it, as you couldn't progress to certain areas that you could always see just out of reach without certain items anyway.
I can appreciate Other M for wanting to be a more story-driven game, but where it completely fucked up everything it touched, Fusion, imo, got things right. And I know Adam was a cancerous piece of filth in Other M, but I like how he (his personality at least) was portrayed in Fusion. We got a sense of who he was and how he affected Samus in her early days, but most importantly, none of that affected Samus in the present, and you, as the player, could still choose to disobey his bullshit orders, as would Samus herself in cutscenes. Also, Adam turned out to be a pretty cool guy (computer) in the end.
Basically, Fusion did story like Other M did without fucking up and betraying Samus' character, that of a stoic, kick-arse bounty hunter.

What my issue is with the ending of Zero Mission, and why I credit that as the genesis of Other M, not the story-focussed Fusion, is that it presented Samus as vulnerable, and in fact emphasised that vulnerability.
It changed the perception of who Samus was for the worse, which I don't feel like Fusion did at all, and without that we wouldn't have ended up with pic related.
>>
>>3579206
heres a tip fuckboy

everyone in the 80s knew samus was supposed to be hot, if you weren't a shitter and beat the original metroid the power suit was stripped and she was wearing a bikini

it is actually the SJW's (such as yourself) that wanted to take away the idea of fapping to samus and instead give her some sob story background which led to Other M and ruined the series

tldr: instead of letting samus just be a smoking hot bitch killing space monsters, neckbeards wanted more backstory which provoked the Other M into existence
>>
>>3581941
So you're saying that by never wanting Other M to have happened, I wanted Other M to happen?
>>
WORLD OF WARCRAFT
>>
I dunno about wiping it, but damn I'd love a do-over for Phantasy Star 3.
>>
>>3577981
>gimmicky

Opinion discarded.
>>
File: SMW.png (13KB, 204x179px) Image search: [Google]
SMW.png
13KB, 204x179px
This is an easy one. SMW2 is ungodly superior to any other mario game out there.
>>
>>3584781
Same. Keep the same core ideas, maybe even the core characters, but refine the game part.
Also, maybe reward the player for the telepipe trick somehow.
Not sure about spell system though. Maybe refine it if they keep it, or go the full PS4 route with combinations, but have it to where Orakians specializing in physical skills and Layans specializing in magical techs.
>>
E.T for the 2600.

It might have saved Atari long enough to get good management.
>>
>>3586668
Eh, I think their downfall was inevitable. If ET hadn't been the nail in the coffin then it would have been something else soonafter.
>>
>>3584837
SMW2 is a yoshi game dumbfuk
no one likes it either
>>
>>3586719
>SMW2 is a yoshi game dumbfuk
True.

>no one likes it either
Said no one ever.
>>
>>3586719
>SMW2 is a yoshi game
<spoiler>Maybe that's why it's good...</spoiler>
>>
Pit Fighter.
>>
>>3586798
><spoiler>

Absolutely retarded.
>>
Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma is better in every way and deserves the fame more
>>
>>3586668
>ET
Oh look, the YouTube kiddies found this thread.
>>
>>3587394
Of fuck off. ET has been infamous since 1982. It role in Atari's downfall has been well remembered & discussed long before the internet was commonplace.
>>
File: 1470688861857.png (90KB, 312x332px) Image search: [Google]
1470688861857.png
90KB, 312x332px
Legend of Zelda OoT.

99% of nintendo mercandise that isn't consoles or video games is LoZ bullshit that these fucking zelda fag sub-humans that only play one fucking video game series are buying. Zelda 3 was a tight game, and theres nothing wrong with liking the series, but when your a complete consumer whore and your car has a decal of a triforce on the sides, while your wallet has a triforce on it, YOU have a fucking triforce tattoo on your leg or arm or some other edgy shit, and then you probably also asked/forced your girl into getting a triforce tattoo.

It's all you fags ever wanna talk about.
>>
>>3579206
>This anti-sex fuckstick again
Just stop it nigga, we all know you can't stand japanese men working for a few hours to make a spritesheet that has no fucking bearing on gameplay.
>>
>>3581927
>it presented Samus as vulnerable
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Oh wait you're serious. HAAAAAAAA
>Samus spends the whole game in a power suit rekking bitches
>Gets deprived of the suit, and even a proper weapon
>Proceeds to INVADE THE BASE OF HER MOST POWERFUL ENEMY AND EVADE DETECTION AND CAPTURE REPEATEDLY
>Gets a proper weapon
>KILLS ALL OF THEM
Seems like you don't like strong female characters. That sequence was actually showing that even without the suit and beam/missile gun Samus is still more than capable of both outsmarting and outfighting a superior force. You fucking idiot.
>>
File: IMG_0291.jpg (37KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0291.jpg
37KB, 250x222px
>>3577972
But Anon, this game's only major flaw is no Waluigi and Dry Bones
>>
>>3587438
>A Zelda series where every game is done like MM, not OoT
Now I need a new zipper for my pants, because my boner just tore it apart.
>>
Pong. Just end it all.
>>
>>3588013
legit autistic post rh

Yeah, she couldn't defend herself with advance alien weapons like she had leading up to that point. She was too weak to fight them head on, so she snuck around them instead. She was smart and resourceful, not strong in the traditional sense of the word.
>strong female characters need to be walking death machines
>>
>>3588078
>missing the point entirely
Being strong isn't just about being a death machine retard, it's about strength of will. Nowhere in that post did I imply your fucking greentext.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.