[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the objectively superior NES game? Are there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: nes-classic-edition.png (92KB, 413x284px) Image search: [Google]
nes-classic-edition.png
92KB, 413x284px
What's the objectively superior NES game?
Are there any NES games worth emulating?
>>
Little samson
Fucking great game and it has it all.
Great gameplay, music and visuals.
>>
The NES achieved beyond- PlayStation levels of market domination. Every successful game on it is objectively superior except to Phantasy Star
>>
OK, how about the worst NES you can think of?
>>
This is an English speaking board.
>>
File: Excitebike.png (39KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Excitebike.png
39KB, 320x240px
Super Mario Bros. is cliche so I'm gonna go with Excitebike
>>
Castlevania 3
>>
>>3577994
I remember being enthralled by the fact that you could make your own track in that game.
>>
Kirby's Adventure.
And if you enjoy it, try the superior remake on GBA.
>>
Worth playing today
>Gimmick
>Kirby's Adventure
>SMB3
>Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2
>Castlevania 1
>Castlevania 3 (japanese verson)
Megaman 2 and 3
Punch-Out
Blaster Master
>>
radia senki reimei hen
>>
>>3580297
>superior remake on GBA.
Nightmare in Dreamland was a shit remake. The only improvements were the graphics and lack of lag.

Everything else was a downgrade, even the art direction was made shittier. The levels were downsized, sprites were made bigger, everything feels claustrophobic and cramped, movement has no feel of momentum or weight, copy ability function were largely ruined. It's just garbage.

It's as bad a remake as SM64DS.
>>
>>3576982
>objectively superior NES game

Super Turrican

And any game is worth emulating if you can't get a physical copy.
>>
My favorite game would be Gun Nac, so give that a try if you like shoot 'em ups. Runners up would be River City Ransom, Mega Man, Gradius, and TMNT The Manhattan Project.
>>
>>3576982
Kickmaster.
Little Nemo.
Yo! Noid.
Willow.
Tiny Toons.
Teenage Ninja Turtles 3: Manhattan Project.
Faxanadu.
Felix the Cat.
>>
>>3580359
The lack of a control stick was SM64DS the only shortcoming.

Resident Evil Remake and Zero Mission are the finest remakes ever created, prove me wrong.
>>
>>3576982
>Are there any NES games worth emulating?
Lol what kind of question is that—it's a fucking NES dude, are you underage?
>>
>>3580394
>The lack of a control stick was SM64DS the only shortcoming.
No, its shortcomings went significantly beyond that. Massive watering down of the physics engine, slower movement, having to hold a run button instead of multiple stepped speed control, gimmicky extra characters that are all worse than Mario was in the original forcing you to switch between them to do basic shit, shitty art direction ruining the aesthetic of the original, lower resolution, jittery ass textures, I could go on all day about that turd of a remake.
>>
Zelda
Earthbound
Final Fantasy
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Metroid
Fire & Ice if you like puzzles
Adventures of Lolo
>>
If I had to pick one game, I'd have to say that Crystalis is probably the most advanced game on the NES. Huge, detailed world. Awesome music. Large variety of spells, items, and equipment. Unique environments and bosses. Extremely responsive action combat.

Really ahead of its time. It could go head to head with some of the more famous action adventure games on the SNES.
>>
>>3576982
All of the black box games.
Especially golf, golf is fun as fuck.
>>
>>3580291
and then once you turn off the NES it's gone forever

they really should have implemented a password system to save custom tracks.
>>
File: tumblr_legj39mafa1qarrk2o1_500.png (11KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_legj39mafa1qarrk2o1_500.png
11KB, 500x448px
Not necessarily superior, but Shatterhand is objectively worth playing. Also, Mighty Final Fight.
>>
>>3580902
>Earthbound

Thats for the snes you dumbfuck
>>
>>3577006
I second this.
>>
>>3581725
Earthbound zero dipshit
>>
>>3581780
that's not the name the devs intended it to be
>>
>>3581996
The devs didnt intend for me to play on emylators but here we are
>>
>>3577013
except when talking about quality because anything on PC-Engine and Master System had better visuals and mechanics.
>>
>>3581719
Add River City Ransom to the mix and we have the perfect NES punching shit trilogy
>>
File: Virtual_Console_logo_(Wii_U).png (179KB, 815x371px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual_Console_logo_(Wii_U).png
179KB, 815x371px
>>3582035
>>
I say Gimmick! because there is so much detail and it's surprising that you can get that quality on a NES
I've never seen other game pushing the boundaries of the console like that.

Also, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mega Man 1 to 6 because of the platform wankery and the cool designs.
>>
Contra
Zelda 2
>>
>>3582864
>I've never seen other game pushing the boundaries of the console like that.
Kirby's Adventure.
>>
>>3576982
My recommendations:
1943: The Battle of Midway
Battletoads
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Contra
Crystalis
Dragon Warrior
Dragon Warrior II
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior IV
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Gradius
Iron Tank
Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Metal Gear
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
Rampage
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
Wizards & Warriors
Wizards & Warriors III: Kuros: Visions of Power
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
DuckTales
River City Ransom
>>
DuckTales 2 was objectively superior.
>>
>>3582104

>anything on PCE and Master System had better visuals and mechanics
Mechanics? What do you mean?
>>
>>3584221
He's just a contrarian and also an idiot who's trying to compare a 4th gen console to a 3rd.
>>
>>3580420
Agreed, with the hold b to run thing foremost. I get it, previous games had you hold b. This was 3d with often precise jumps, u can't be holding a button while awkwardly pressing jump with the bottom of your thumb on this one. Whereas 64 felt fluid and smooth ds just felt janky and unfun. Portability was only thing going for it
>>
>>3576982
1. Legend of Zelda
2. Mike Tyson's Punchout
3. Bionic Commando
4. Blaster Master
5. Metroid
>>
>>3580297
I beat this game while tripping on nBome a few years back, fucking amazing
>>
Alright, tell if these ones are either good or shit.
>Defender II
>Phantasy Star IV
>Karnov
>Uforia
>After Burner
>The Incredible Crash Dummies
>Ultimate Stuntman
>Ninja Crusaders
>Image Fight
>Ultima - Exodus
>Insector X
>Zombie Nation
>Conquest of the Crystal Palace
>Abadox
>Adventures of Lolo 1, 2 and 3
>>
>>3581235
>If I had to pick one game, I'd have to say that Crystalis is probably the most advanced game on the NES

That game does stand out, and it is one I have gone back and replayed ever 5 or so years since it's release. I am actually due for another run.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.