[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can someone give me some gameplay tips for the Commandos series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 43379_full[1].jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
43379_full[1].jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
So can someone give me some gameplay tips for the Commandos series?

The game really likes it's linear paths to objectives, so I was wondering what are some ways to not necessarily exploit the game, but just to help someone who develops their own strategies, or to keep them from fucking up in the future?
>>
>>3575637
The game is almost a puzzle game. It is more trial and error. THere might be more than one way to progress ut there is no overall strategy, just slowly making progress.
>>
>>3575656
>It is more trial and error

So, lots of save-scumming?
>>
I savescume the shit out of this game, I think it was a nood a good idea do have this game be an RTS.
Recently tried to replay Commandos 1 but the gameplay doesn't really hold up anymore, in my mind. Its far too fidgety to wait for just the right moment and do something just right in this rts environment. Shouldve been turn based to begin with.

How about you try invisible inc. ? its a turn based isometric stealth game one of the best games ive ever played.
>>
>>3575710
>>3575672

Yes, it isnt that good. Even when released it was criticized for this. Mostly trial and error with clunky interface, and really hard.

It is really linear. It isnt one solution but you are rather limited in how to complete a mission, and it is often overcoming one obstacle at a time, and then saving.
>>
>>3575734
It's a shame though, it is a great concept and the game itself is beautiful
>>
how do games like desperados and robin hood compare to commandos?

i have also heard later commandos turned down difficulty

same problems?
>>
>>3575637
Commandos 1:
-check every angle before you make a move.
-Make sure you are moving to a safe space before you move.
Use the vision cone tools to check where you're going to have to crawl etc.
-stay prone always if you can help it.
-learn the hotkeys especially for gun and knife
-sometimes if you're caught in a tight spot hand gunning Nazis to death is a pretty good strategy.
-never leave a dingy inflated unless you absolutely need the time it takes to put it back up
-his bodies especially in camps. Having extra patrols to deal with at the worst possible time really sucks
-have an escape strategy if you're going to blow something up, know where you are escaping from before you even set out on the mission since increased patrols will make it harder.
-Alarms are pretty localised so kite/mg away.
-Don't underuse your spy
-the marine is the best IMO
-this is not a fast game and requires time/patience, quick save often
>>
I didn't play C1, but in C2/C3:

Find cigars.
Throw cigars out to lure enemies out, ~80% of enemies bite it.
Stab them with Green Beret. Optionally punch then tied them, and get rid of the body.

Cigars are broken as fuck.
>>
>>3575781
Commandos 2:
-much less linear than 1 IMO. Much easier too
- the dog and girl basically act as two extra spies.
-youre sometimes expected to do allot of killing (the Burma bridge level).
-the multi level 3d levels can get disorientating and are pretty hard to work out (I'm thinking of the prison level in particular)
-you can do allot more stuff with each member (marines can pick up barrels, tiny can row etc)
-been a long time since I played it but it's so easy at times you can do entire levels with 1-2 characters.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.