[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything like pseudosaturn for a parallel port cheat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1449247254246.jpg (55KB, 698x319px) Image search: [Google]
1449247254246.jpg
55KB, 698x319px
Is there anything like pseudosaturn for a parallel port cheat device? I really like not having worry about a swap and if I can I'd like to grab a PSX for something similar.
>>
>>3575243
They are called modchips.
>>
>>3575243
yes, lots of Action Replay devices do this. just put in a normal game and wait for it to finish spinning, then swap for the burned disc and start the game with or without cheats. the only thing you need is a spring to trick the PSX into thinking the lid is always closed
>>
>>3575290

Why bother with a modchip when all you have to do is plug this in?

http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=722

It literally just turns a gameshark into a modchip.
>>
>>3575294

With the saturn version, you don't even need to swap. Just boot with the flashed AR in the ram slot and you're good to go. I was just looking for something similar for the PSX
>>
Just soft mod a PS2.
>>
>>3575295
Because a mod chip costs pennies, works completely transparently, works with a psone, etc. I guess if you modded unirom to skip the menu and just load a disc it would be a good solution for tards who can't solder a few wires.
>>
I modchip my PS1 then print a label on the CD
They look exactly like the original
>>
>>3575739
- Are there scanned labels for every single game?
- Where do you get black CD-Rs?
>>
>>3575879
>black CD-Rs
They're white you dingus. Almost every brand makes them. Search for "printable".
>>
There's Unirom but it really doesn't work well. Just buy a cheap modded console off the internet, any other approach is more hassle than it's worth and trust me, I've tried them all.
>>
>>3575243

If you know soldering you can put in a chip to bypass the boot up disc check, if that's what you're asking about. Or you can get lucky and find an old Psx that's already been modded, I did.

The port can be used for gameshark type devices, but the disc swap is not worth it, it will play the wrong CD audio and it's a pleb method to play imported/burned CDs.

If you want to access things like the debug room in FF7 and Xenogears and downright cheat in games, I'd recommend it tho.

A company named Interesting-Devices used to sell them, but it seems their website is gone since a year or so.
>>
>>3575923
PlayStation games were only released on black CDs. As in the media itself, not the label
>>
>>3576043
Obviously no, no you can't get black CD-Rs anywhere. I mean have you ever seen a black disc that wasn't Ps1 game?
>>
>>3576043
Search Diamond black record surface on ebay. Should list plenty of listings. Never bought myself, as I didn't really see the use.
>>
yep https://www.amazon.com/80-Min-Double-Sided-Colored-100-Pak-50-Pak/dp/B000M2O016
>>
>>3576054
I'm not the guy you were replying to earlier, just trying to clear up the confusion.
>>
>>3576054
>They look exactly like the original
>EXACTLY
>I mean have you ever seen a black disc that wasn't Ps1 game
So, they don't look exactly like original.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.