[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>unbeatable without a guide, they said >kill yourself,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

>unbeatable without a guide, they said
>kill yourself, they said

Playing for the first time ever. I just beat Dungeon 6, and I just found 7. I already know where 8 and 9 are as well. I never used a guide. Was it all a meme after all these years?
>>
Who ever said that?
>>
>>3573773
You are a gifted person anon. The sky is the limit.
>>
>>3573773
Anon I am atrocious at videogames and I was surprised that people said it was as hard as it was. It was so much fun though and I died about 75 times.
>>
>>3573773
>unbeatable without a guide, they said
Why the fuck do you listen to idiots?
Only the second quest requires a guide (or just burning every bush and bombing every wall)
>>
And I suppose none of you all ever watched let's plays or seen all the secrets in the game referenced on the internet or in videos before either huh.....yeah

If you even don't like Zelda but watch any gaming stuff or see gaming talk you likely have heard about the things a guide would help with before
>>
>>3573913
This anon's right. Nobody beat Zelda 1 without a guide before the internet was invented. That's impossible.
>>
>>3574014
I beat it without a guide back in '79 on a prototype cartridge my uncle from Nintendo gave me.
>>
>>3573773
>abusing savestates
>huge death count
>still has the nerve to post this shit

You aren't beating shit; the game is kicking your ass.
>>
File: why_would_you_do_that_nano.jpg (106KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
why_would_you_do_that_nano.jpg
106KB, 960x720px
The only thing that really hung me up was I refused to believe there could be dungeon rooms off the map. Then I bombed one by accident and I was like...
>>
>>3574095
>death count in Zelda
>meaning anything
>>
>>3574014
Lol no its not faggot. Me and my mom beat it without a guide back in the day. Sorry that you don't appreciate the spirit of adventure this game represents.
>>
>>3574161
Surviving the opening moments without your shield is one of the crucial parts of the game.

You impress nobody by brute forcing your way through a game. You're doing the console equivalent of credit-feeding.

Baby-tier. You get zero respect from me, and I won't acknowledge you've beaten the game. Rather I'll again assert the game has clearly got the best of you.
>>
>>3574176
>You get zero respect from me, and I won't acknowledge you've beaten the game.
I don't think anyone will lose any sleep over that, faggot.
>>
>>3574181
Good. Live your life in total ignorance. That will keep our future interactions minimal, as I'll be busy chasing the light of truth.
>>
>>3574176

You start out with your shield
>>
>>3574183
>Live your life in total ignorance.
I don't think you comprehend just how enlightened I am compared to you.

>as I'll be busy chasing the light of truth.
An open mind is like a fortress with the front door ajar. ~Abraham Nietsche
>>
>>3573773
>they said
So many people on the internet use the term "they" to refer to mysterious dark forces. Evil government agencies, the Illuminati, aliens, etc. It's refreshing to see someone use it to refer to something not at all threatening like a a bunch of toddlers just out of diapers. I picture them playing with kittens because they can't play video games because they aren't old enough to read.
>>
>>3573773
I can't find 7.... I know where 8 and 9 are, but I'm stuck trying to find #7 in both my NES save file and my Wii save file....
>>
>>3574095
What's with all these assumptions? Maybe I do have a high death count, I don't know. I have 38 deaths thus far, and I'm playing it on the NES so there are no save states.

>>3574236
There's a spring without a fairy in the northwest section of the map, play the flute there.
>>
I'm stuck in the 7th dungeon. I can't figure out how to get to the boss room.
>>
I heard that Miyamoto designed Zelda to be confusing and require sharing secrets and hints with other gamers. That was just the way it was designed to be played.
>>
>>3574259

there's a block you need to push in the room with the wall masters (guessing that's where you're stuck)
>>
>>3574259
There are rooms in that dungeon that the map won't show you.
>>
>>3573773
I'm sure those people were talking about Zelda II.
>>
>>3574263
>>3574270
Can't get into circled rooms.
>>
>>3574285

see

>>3574263
>>
>>3574285
Bomb your way through the room that is blacked out on the map.
Get to a room with 3 discoballs and hands coming out of the walls, and kill all the hands. Then push the center block at the rightmost wall to open a staircase which leads to the rooms you circled.
>>
>>3573773
Meme came about because it was most people's first adventure game they ever seen in their lives (since there wasn't particularly much aventure games on NES at the time - Portopia was Famicom only).
It's like giving Myst to someone grown on Call of Duty.
Like, for an experienced gamer, it isn't that hard.
>>
>>3573773
Considering the game came with a map, it wasn't hard to figure out.
>>
>>3573773
FDS > NES
Regarding The Legend of Zelda.
>>
>>3575028

Anyone even casually visiting /vr/ or looking into retro gaming in general will be absorbing the vital clues for zelda and castlevania 2 just through background chatter. You have overheard this 1000 times without even knowing any details. It's like the meme knowledge seems into you through osmosis.

People who have never played an NES game in their life somehow know now that you kneel with red Crystal to summon a tornado. They will know about bombing unmarked walls in zelda and burning bushes. This is the tribal lore of an entire generation of gamers.
>>
>>3574095
>savestates
>death count

If he was abusing save states, he wouldnt have any deaths, you literal retard.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.