[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Angry Video Game TURD just released a video slamming this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

The Angry Video Game TURD just released a video slamming this underappreciated classic.

Now a bunch of kids are going to claim that it's shit.
>>
>>3572357
>berenstain

What a misprint, everyone knows it's Berenstein.
>>
>>3572387

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>3572392
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>3572357
>>3572387
>>3572392
>>3572393
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1399767524736.png (69KB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1399767524736.png
69KB, 300x264px
>>3572392
>>3572393
>>3572419
ALL OF YOU SHUT UP
>>
>>3572387

I remember Crtkal did a video on this and it confused me. I'm 20 and raised on the cartoon instead of the books. I precisely remember them being named the "Berenstain family".

>>3572357

That cover looks QUALITY.
>>
Why do developers make such shitty games? Why do they put zero effort into the box art when it can make or break sales?

Do games like these make that much money where it's worth spending half a year to produce absolute digital garbage, when that time could be spent making something more simple and fun
>>
>>3572357
>implying you even heard of that game before you watched that episode from AVGN, let alone care about it enough that you'd even care about whether people like it or not

Please tell me you were simply out for a (YOU).
>>
>>3572443
Why can't a turtle swim? Why can't I land the plane? Why are the characters' names wrong? Why's the password's so long?! WHY DON'T THE WEAPONS DO ANYTHING?!
>>
>>3572443
In the instance of this game, it is because they're not trying to sell it to kids, but grandmas who buy stuff for kids.
There is a huge market in it. You'll find out quick if you ever get a grandmother that is addicted to TV shopping/QVC. I'd bet my bottom dollar this game showed up somewhere like that.
>>
>>3574142
The entire Cash 4 Gold episode of South Park was based on this premise.
>>
>>3572443
To be honest, IMO most GBC covers in the west were garbage. From that fucking silver stripe to everything else. Japan had it better as usual, but with GBC it was more apparent than ever.

Notice how they always had images with such low detail, like they were meant for stamps? Or like they were drawn by some dude in CorelDraw in 5 minutes? I realize cartridges were tiny, but why put the same shitty image on the front of the box?
>>
>>3572357
>TURD
I feel really silly for giggling at that one.
>>
File: American Vs. European Cover.jpg (1MB, 800x1590px) Image search: [Google]
American Vs. European Cover.jpg
1MB, 800x1590px
>>3574160
I agree with you. Photoshop and cheap 3D renders ruined game covers. Nearly every Game Boy cover looks cohesive and beautifully drawn, while the GB Color covers are lazy stock image collages, gradients, and default Photoshop layer filters.

>Notice how they always had images with such low detail, like they were meant for stamps? Or like they were drawn by some dude in CorelDraw in 5 minutes?

No kidding. Check the image I've attached. The original art was either too blurry or Nintendo lost the originals and someone had to redraw it. Either way looks like trash compared to Gallery 1 cover art.
>>
>>3574839
american was bottom?
>>
>>3574846
Nah, bottom was the European.
>>
>>3572357
I still have this game somewhere
>>
>>3574839

The fuck? I'd be tempted to say it was traced, but some parts just don't line up at all (see DK Junior for the clearest example). My guess would be that maybe they didn't have the original inked and colored versions of the image, but they still had the same sketch for a much less skilled inker and colorist to work with. The original is nice, even got some reflected light going on in the shadows, but that European one looks like it came from a cheap coloring book.
>>
File: 1376894039034.png (368KB, 396x397px) Image search: [Google]
1376894039034.png
368KB, 396x397px
>>3574839
Wow, they really let themselves go with that cover.

I'd say even with late GB games the quality of the Western covers went downhill… I agree Photoshop and 3DS Max was to blame, but also for some reason they deliberately reduced detail on most covers.

In result, they look like they belong to a booklet, not on the cover. Take picrelated—the artists made a new background using a shitty Photoshop filter. The Japanese cover was minimal, but it had some idea, composition and details. The Western one was just the same shit as Pokemon games—one piece of artwork, garbage-tier filler around it.

Some GBC covers were just copied from PS One or other platforms, but it gave them even cheaper feel.
>>
>>3572357
Stay mad you nerd
>>
>>3574160
>Link to both and blue versions
well, someone fucked up
>>
>>3577117
What, don't you remember, they even did Pokemon Fire Both for GBA
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.